Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

barred for entry for wearing a england

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    its amusing as i mentioned earlier, that a landlord can demand the right to smoke on his own premesis, but isnt allowed to demand the right to refuse admission
  • Options
    my mate got asked to remove an Ireland rugby journey he was wearing in a pub one day when we were there drinking for a while. he covered it up with another top. then this girl came in wearing a dublin gaelic top and nothing was said. of course we asked if she had been asked to cover it up and they said that we shouldnt have been asked to cover up his rugby tops. the rule in the pub only stated no soccer tops...thats a strange one.

it doesnt bother me though that your asked to wear anything other than a football top
  • Options
    Football fans tend to be much more violent than rugby fans. Doesn't seem so strange to me.
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    Football fans tend to be much more violent than rugby fans. Doesn't seem so strange to me.

prove that im violent, stopping football shirts doesnt stop twats, kicking twats out at the 1st sign of trouble is what you do
  • Options
    we dont have to prove that you are more violent,

you have to prove to the landlord or designated premesis supervisor that you are not, its not your pub, its his/hers
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    we dont have to prove that you are more violent,

you have to prove to the landlord or designated premesis supervisor that you are not, its not your pub, its his/hers

so i wont let in women, blacks and gays into my place...
  • Options
    If you run a private club you could possibly exclude women (and even that is dissapearing), but you can't really exclude people on the basis of their race, gender or colur. And rightly so.

It's not a very appropriate comparison is it?
  • Options
    What an utterly ridiculous comparison.

If you're that desperate to go in the pub change your top. If you're not, STFU.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    If you run a private club you could possibly exclude women (and even that is dissapearing), but you can't really exclude people on the basis of their race, gender or colur. And rightly so.

It's not a very appropriate comparison is it?

okay then, refusing entry on religion - your religion is your choice, thus i should be able to discriminate against your choices
  • Options
    You cannot discriminate on religious grounds either.

You keep making the wrong comparisons. Dress codes, right or wrong, have always existed in public venues. It is, quite simply, at the landlord/manager's discretion whether people can be admitted wearing certain clothes. Their decisions might be prejudiced of course, but other than never setting foot in the place again (and perhaps firing off a letter to the management to inform them of that) there is not a lot you can do.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    You cannot discriminate on religious grounds either.

You keep making the wrong comparisons. Dress codes, right or wrong, have always existed in public venues. It is, quite simply, at the landlord/manager's discretion whether people can be admitted wearing certain clothes. Their decisions might be prejudiced of course, but other than never setting foot in the place again (and perhaps firing off a letter to the management to inform them of that) there is not a lot you can do.

i think this is an agree to disagree matter in terms of your specific argument there, religions are a choice imo and if religious people can get special priviliedges, they can get discriminated against
  • Options
    Now what are you wanking on about?