Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Virgins

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    IWishIWas wrote:
    I've just been unfortunate. My first bf was forceful about it, and hit me when I refused. So that kinda put me off it for a while.

That's terrible. :( Glad you got past it.
  • Options
    That's terrible. :( Glad you got past it.

Thank you. It took a while, but I did it. The emotional scars keep popping their ugly heads up every so often to haunt me. But ya know, it's all good.
  • Options
    yeah you should feel proud, its good to wait till you found the right guy. I only did it because i loved this guy but he was moving away and i thought if i didnt do it with him id have regretted it cos i really did love him.

If he hadnt of been moving away i would have waited a little bit later till i had sex with him. But yeah good for you! i have many friends doing this and were all 16/17 so your not alone.
  • Options
    Virginity is only important until you've lost it.
  • Options
    icey wrote:
    Virginity is only important until you've lost it.

:yes:
  • Options
    So, what do waiting virgins wait for?- till they are in love? a stranger they'll not see again? Til they're comortable with their own bodies? etc.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    katralla wrote:
    So, what do waiting virgins wait for?- till they are in love? a stranger they'll not see again? Til they're comortable with their own bodies? etc.
    My personal answer is: I have no idea. Maybe it will happen in my first relatioship (which I hope will be before I turn 50) maybe I'll wait until a really serious one. Whatever I feel like at the time.
  • Options
    to answer my own question: I waited until I was horny and had the opportunity- read as didn't wait.
  • Options
    yeah your doing good kid! Keep it up.
    The first time is always terrible so its never gonna be 'perfect' just wait for the right person, probably the best thing ya can do.

My experience was really bad n wished i waited, wrong person, wrong time etc
  • Options
    I want it to be in a situation where I feel comfortable and where there's not even a trace of awkwardness.

Good luck for me, huh?
  • Options
    theres nothing wrong with you!!

im 16 and a virgin, dont let people pressure you into doing it,
    cos one day your look back and regret it.

why an earth do you not think your normal!?
    waiting for the right person is even more normal than shagging
    the first thing with a pulse.
    i mean look at lisa kudrow, she was 32 when she done it.

hope i've helped. tinkz xxxx
    xxxx
    :thumb:
  • Options
    no of course it doesn't matter. i didn't lose my virginity till i was err...19 and a half. i'm a right slag now. :p;)

:lol: :flirt:

Nothing wrong with waiting at all; just as there's nothing wrong with not waiting. Whether or not you've had sex is no reflection on weirdness, I know a bunch of crazy-weird nymphos.
  • Options
    As everyone's said, there's nowt wrong with waiting. I've just turned 20 and am still as virginal as they day I was born.
    It's hard sometimes, when you're feeling all single and lonely and the only thing you want is a good shag, but then, you remember that you're your own person and it's you own choice.

I can respect girls much more, when they wait instead of giving in to a pushy disrespectful boyfriend. If you're not strong enough to say no, you certainly shouldn't be forced to say yes.
  • Options
    Virgins are great if there weren’t anybody then who would we sacrifice in the
    Wicca Man during spring to ensure good crops for the summer?
  • Options
    Ducks, pigs and policemen, duh.
  • Options
    I hate the anti-virgin attitude so many people have... I know a lot of men who won't go out with women because they're virgins, somebod I know is like that. He's a mate and all, but on learning that somebody we know is a virgin he made it out to be wierd.

I was like "so what, she's 19"

He was like "yeah and she acts like she knows it all and flirts"

So because she has never slept with anybody means she's not allowed to flirt? Because she has not had sex means she has no life experience?

I don't see how you can claim to respect a person if you can't respect their choices, especially choices about their intimacy.
  • Options
    I know guys that don't want a virgins because they view it as more work to get them into bed which clearly it is and then they are diffcult to have sex with because it is there 1st time they may not know aht to do and or experience pain. But I think all of that is silly. If you love someone then it isn't work it is your pleasure to share that with them
  • Options
    Blairx0 wrote:
    I know guys that don't want a virgins because they view it as more work to get them into bed which clearly it is and then they are diffcult to have sex with because it is there 1st time they may not know aht to do and or experience pain. But I think all of that is silly. If you love someone then it isn't work it is your pleasure to share that with them

Well said! :thumb:
  • Options
    Well said! :thumb:

why thank you! I truly take that as a compliment
  • Options
    Blairx0 wrote:
    why thank you! I truly take that as a compliment

It is, there is more in a relationship than sex... Love is what matter... Sex is just a beatufil addition...
  • Options
    as stupid as this sounds I think of sex as an experssion of your feelings for one another. So why have sex if those feelings aren;t there? Call me old fashion but that is just how I think of it.