Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Swearing

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
Does anyone else have a problem?

Last night the biggest foul-mouth I know told me that I "swear a fucking lot for a bird". I wasn't sure if I was supposed to feel pride or shame...

Also, "bird"? :eek2: :lol:
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think I probably swear too much... but to be honest, I dont really give a fuck! :D
    I like a good fucking swear.
    i swear too much, it's not fucking ladylike.
    I honestly don't see the big deal about it. If people do too much of it, I don't feel offended, I just feel like those people are idiots.
    I throw in the odd swear word. When I start using too many I know I need to chill. ;)
    Yeah, fuck it. There's nowt quite like a good, cathartic outburst of the vilest swearwords you can think of :lol:
    Theres a time and a place, at work and serious functions - No

Out with the lads - Yes

It is a bit off when a woman swears a lot, but then I'm of an older generation to you lot.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    It's a good thing to hear women swearing, it kind of reminds me they're as human as I. Though I don't like it when it's too much (like a trucker! :p), but then again I don't like that when men do it either.
    bongbudda wrote:
    It is a bit off when a woman swears a lot, but then I'm of an older generation to you lot.

No I agree...
    I dont mind women swearing at all... but if its alot it can be a bit off putting...
    I think I know more swear-y women than men, actually.

It doesn't bother me who swears or how frequently as long as they're not always telling people to fuck off. I hate to hear aggressive swearing, I just like to pepper my conversations with expletives I think.
    bongbudda wrote:
    Theres a time and a place, at work and serious functions - No
    You don't swear at work? I thought everyone swore more at work than anywhere else?
    I'm bad for swearing, especially since I started living with friends and that at university.

I'm trying to cut it down, before I go away as a youth leader in the summer. I don't think it's appropriate for me to be fucking and cunting.
    swear words are wonderful powerful and poetic.
    but people use them to often at the wrong times and in all the wrong places.
    when swearing is the accepted norm ...the words loose the power they once had.
    the power to emphasise exagerate titilate or shock.
    all you people who think it's ok to swear wherever and whenever are responsible for nearly destroying an art form ...an escape ...a release.
    you have rendered it useless as a quite wonderful vocal paintbrush.
    Wow. I totally agree with this. I'm occassionally stunned by your perceptive nature sometime Rolly.
    i try not to swear very much because its not very lady like :angel:
    I do try and not swear in female company, but I let things slip when I'm either drunk and/or shagging :angel:
    Wow. I totally agree with this. I'm occassionally stunned by your perceptive nature sometime Rolly.
    it's being a time traveller that does it.
    thirty years ago very few women swore ...occasioanly.
    men didn't in front of women in a pub ...chances are you'd be asked to step outside for a thump.
    then came what at the time was called ...alternative comedy ...the result was ...few comedians got laughs without a large degree of fuck fuck fuck ...and some then had to venture as far as cunt.
    they were rolling in the isles!
    now ...swearing has been taken from us ..by giving it to us so freely.
    the good news is ...there are still places where saying ...fuck me! ...has effect.
    if you were to say it in church ...or at your grannies house ...so these words do still retain some of their power.
    so we can rescue swearing for the next generation by ...cutting out as much as possible now.
    I swear way too much and I wish I didn't. It's just force of habit now, it comes naturally to me. At uni everyone was well shocked at how much I swore. I didn't do much to disprove the northern ladette stereotype, actually. :/
    I sometimes swear a lot but then i might just randomly have a week of not swearing, it depends who i am around.

I never say cunt and rarely say fuck or bastard, i'm more a bloody and bugger type person.

I never ever swear infront of my parents though.
    I sometimes swear a lot but then i might just randomly have a week of not swearing, it depends who i am around.

I never say cunt and rarely say fuck or bastard, i'm more a bloody and bugger type person.

I never ever swear infront of my parents though.

Haha, I always find it hilarious when people say things like "ooh, you bloody bugger". It's cute.

My Dad swears like a trooper but my dear mother hates it. Lots of f...lip, f...udge and cu...stard moments when she's around. Neither of my brothers really swear at all, I'm such a disappointment to her :crying:
    briggi wrote:
    Haha, I always find it hilarious when people say things like "ooh, you bloody bugger". It's cute.

My Dad swears like a trooper but my dear mother hates it. Lots of f...lip, f...udge and cu...stard moments when she's around. Neither of my brothers really swear at all, I'm such a disappointment to her :crying:

I've heard my dad swear quite badly when he is with his mates but in my house no-one says any really strong swear words. Even piss isnt said or friggin. Haha I sound like a five year old. :angel:
    I swear loads at home. Usually just to the point of 'shit' and 'wanker', though I have slipped up and said 'fuck' a couple of times. 'Cunt' is a word that I only use consciously, so that's all good.
    I used to swear alot, but hearing other people swear I realize how tacky and trashy it sounds in certian situations so I find myself saying the non swears now, even when nobody around would care.
    I used to have a big problem of swearing, I was putting fcking fucking everywhere, but know with a 5 years old around I had to watch myself and use it less and less, well, when he is around, otherwise I can start using it quite a lot when discussing between adult only...
    hmm i swear a bit too much
    There are some people I know who just swear for the sake of it... (like they just put the 'f' word in every sentence or something)
    Yeh I swear a lot, even in my posts. Don't care what people think about it tbh.
    I fucking swear like a fucking bitch when I am fucking whore-posting on those fucking cool boards, for fuck sake, can't we fucking swear what the fuck we want when we fucking want or fucking what... fuck...

:D
    I do swear a lot unfortunatly, Had to calm it right down when Lenny started saying "oh shit" .
    Its not that cute coming from a 5 year old!
    He said "bruddy hell" today when he couldnt hold his pen properly, so looks like im gonna have to tone it down even more.
    I do swear a far bit, it tends to slip out without my actually noticing. My mum hates it though. I dont really care, I have a tendancy of telling people to fuck off when I'm drunk and their annoying me.
    I do swear a lot unfortunatly, Had to calm it right down when Lenny started saying "oh shit" .
    Its not that cute coming from a 5 year old!
    He said "bruddy hell" today when he couldnt hold his pen properly, so looks like im gonna have to tone it down even more.

Oh dear! He hasn't learnt the F word yet has he?