Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

High Sex Drive? Low Sex Drive?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Been with my gf nearly 2 months now, and we just had a major conversation about our relationship for about 2 hours over the phone. Within this space of time, she has in a way "cheated on me" but not as such. She has basically gone behind my back and texted other people and kept secrets from me (Which is the first step to cheating)

Anyway, within the 2 hour conversation, the sex convo popped up. We started talking about it, and she knows very well that my sex drive is very high ( and i masturbate upto 4 times a day ).

I asked her if her if she had a prob with having sex with me as often as we do, and she said yes. Mainly the reason for her saying yes, is that her sex drive is very low, and she doesnt like having sex when i get to intense

But isn't that one of the passions of having sex? or am i wrong?

My sex drive is very high, and she admitted she thinks im using her for sex (which im not, i really do love her) and i even said to prove i love you that much, i could go without it for a whole year!

Is there any way of lowering my sex drive? or infact making hers higher? The reason i ask is because not many relationships seem to work out with 2 partners having opposite sex drive, and we need to meet in the middle at some point.

I can see this relationship slowly fade away if we cant agree on terms to have sex when she want it or when i want it.

Opinions please. Thanks, Brad

Comments

• Options
    really, your girlfriend doesnt like it when you force yourself upon her? How strange!
    Youre the blowjob guy too arent you.

Your poor girlfriend.
  • Options
    Piss off unless youve got something decent to say
  • Options
    are you serious that you force yourself upon her?
  • Options
    To lower your sex drive you could always try wanking a lot... Not the same but can help you pass some urges...

And to make her higher, well don't know, maybe more foreplay or something...
  • Options
    How is she doing by the way? Cos if I remember well you said she was raped...
  • Options
    like the way youve edited "force myself on her" to "getting too intense".
  • Options
    i think im just too intensive and passionate, that was the word suzycreamcheese.

I masturbate upto 4 or 5 times a day as i said, still doesn't work. :(
  • Options
    yea she was raped, and she did say that had something to do with it, but i cant see why, she shouldnt be thinking about it anymore, and i dont think she does think about it anymore.. anyway back to the subject..
  • Options
    brad18 wrote:
    yea she was raped, and she did say that had something to do with it, but i cant see why, she shouldnt be thinking about it anymore, and i dont think she does think about it anymore.. anyway back to the subject..

man your a fucking loser....she shouldnt be fucking thinking about it anymore. its not that easy to forget. to be honest she best without you. your the type of fella that gives decent fellas a bad name. what age are you 13. she went through a fucking traumatic experience, getting over your fucking urges. You need to grow up big time
  • Options
    My advice to her would be to get rid of you.
  • Options
    wanna know something? she lied about it, didnt wanna say it to anyone cus i'd look like a dick OK?
  • Options
    brad18 wrote:
    wanna know something? she lied about it, didnt wanna say it to anyone cus i'd look like a dick OK?

*coughbullshitcough* why the fuck would you look like a dick. I'm not starting anything but you need to grow up
  • Options
    *coughbullshitcough* why the fuck would you look like a dick. I'm not starting anything but you need to grow up

Yeah, you have my acquiesence on that. You're (author) really coming forth as a genuine dick.
  • Options
    brad18 wrote:
    Been with my gf nearly 2 months now,

Not exactly uberserious yet then.
    and we just had a major conversation about our relationship for about 2 hours over the phone. Within this space of time, she has in a way "cheated on me" but not as such. She has basically gone behind my back and texted other people and kept secrets from me (Which is the first step to cheating)

Texting is not cheating or a step to cheating. Keeping secrets is not really directly related to cheating either, it just shows some lack of trust.
    Anyway, within the 2 hour conversation, the sex convo popped up. We started talking about it, and she knows very well that my sex drive is very high ( and i masturbate upto 4 times a day ).

I asked her if her if she had a prob with having sex with me as often as we do, and she said yes. Mainly the reason for her saying yes, is that her sex drive is very low, and she doesnt like having sex when i get to intense

Ok.

But isn't that one of the passions of having sex? or am i wrong?

For some, maybe it is. For others, maybe not.
    My sex drive is very high, and she admitted she thinks im using her for sex (which im not, i really do love her) and i even said to prove i love you that much, i could go without it for a whole year!

Well, you *say* that, and yet..
    Is there any way of lowering my sex drive? or infact making hers higher? The reason i ask is because not many relationships seem to work out with 2 partners having opposite sex drive, and we need to meet in the middle at some point.

If you really felt that you could go without, then this would all be immaterial.
    I can see this relationship slowly fade away if we cant agree on terms to have sex when she want it or when i want it.

Opinions please. Thanks, Brad

My opinion is that your "relationship" to you is just about the sex. Which means that I can see why she would be largely uninterested in it.
  • Options
    oh ok :(

But i dont think you see the other things and what we say and do together, other than read 1 post on this board so i dont think u can understand. Infact theres not really any point in posting here, im just going to have to go with my own decisions because i obviously cant ask other members things on here, all i get is abuse. Brad
  • Options
    brad18 wrote:
    oh ok :(

But i dont think you see the other things and what we say and do together, other than read 1 post on this board so i dont think u can understand. Infact theres not really any point in posting here, im just going to have to go with my own decisions because i obviously cant ask other members things on here, all i get is abuse. Brad

dont be a fag. you just need to post more precise. we dont know what the goings on in your life. you need to word it more precise to be honest. no point in taking a hissy fit and pissing off
  • Options
    We can only go from things you post on here we're not mind readers.
  • Options
    suppose, but i wouldnt life be easier if we were all speaking to eachother in reality LOL! would save wearing the fuck out of our fingers typing.
  • Options
    brad18 wrote:
    suppose, but i wouldnt life be easier if we were all speaking to eachother in reality LOL! would save wearing the fuck out of our fingers typing.

people post shitloads exaplainign back stories and what not so just relax and take the time to make a more indept post...we can help. im sure alot of people have went through other people prblems on this board in the past so they can help
  • Options
    all you can do to lower your sex drive is try and not think about sex when you're with her. Just concentrate on enjoying spending time with her in a non-sexual way. If she then gets annoyed when she wants sex then that's how it goes, been in that situation and seen other people in it. But as a guy however old fashioned it is you've got to show her respect first and foremost, and if she wants less sex then it's less sex she's gonna get.

If you focus on the other positive aspects of your relationship you wont miss it that much.
  • Options
    If she has really been raped, then you have to understand how much of a traumatic, life-long-affecting experience that is, and be understanding that she probably doesn't even like to be controlled or under any sexual pressure in any way, because it would remind her of it.

However, if she actually lied about it, then that's rather twisted, I gotta say. And if you don't trust her enough to text other people, then you seem to have serious problems in your relationship which has nothing to do with your sex drives. Maybe the sex problems are a result of other things, who knows. But yeah, you should give us more information so we can help properly.

Also, remember that you're still in a relatively new situation (at least, at 2 months for me a relationship still feels new). It's gonna take some adapting and comproming in all aspects to be with each other long-term.
  • Options
    Give the guy a break he's clearly a little insecure after his rejections and has no idea how to treat a girl, he'll learn. probably the hard way if he carries on tho
  • Options
    i dont know how to treat a girl? Look mate, i know very well how to treat a girl, and i can see the reason why you all think im using her, just because i made a post about blowjobs, but if im correct, for most people 60% of the relationship is about sex, well for most of us GUYS anyway.
  • Options
    lol and deeper you dig
  • Options
    z01 wrote:
    lol and deeper you dig

:lol: :thumb:
  • Options
    brad18 wrote:

your a dickhead, you dont deserve to have a flipping knob let alone a girlfriend
  • Options
    dont be a fag.

Don't be fag? What's wrong with being a fag??? :p
  • Options
    Teagan wrote:
    Don't be fag? What's wrong with being a fag??? :p
    You love it, baby. ;):p