Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Shaved legs

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I hardly shave my legs (wax every 3/4 months). I never wear skirts or shorts and I'm single, so there's really no need :p

I shave my pits regularly though :thumb:
    i shave my legs when im showing them. ie never really in winter and always in summer. im jus lazy tho tbh. armpits regularly tho
    I have to shave EVERYTHING regularly :(

Legs-when I can be arsed- usually every 3/4 days
    Underarms- everyday/every other day
    Glittery wrote:
    I do it when I can be bothered, I did it tonight as it happens. I love the feeling of just shaved legs in fresh bedding, does that make me weird?!
    Nope. I :heart: that feeling too.

I shave my armpits everyday. Its rather annoying.

As for my legs, haha, if I'm single, I only shave them if I'm wearing a skirt to be honest. I can't be arsed shaving my legs otherwise. It takes too long and I almost ALWAYS get a shaving rash as I have stupidly sensitive skin. I never let them get realllllyyyy hairy though :lol:
    in winter or when noone is gonna see i would do underarms twice a week and legs only when it gets really long

in summer i do underarms ever day or second day and legs about twice a week. i am lucky that although my hair is not blond, its not very noticable so if i leave my legs a few days it wont matter on sight - if anyone is gonna feel them, thats another story tho :p
    I very rarely shave, I'm not very hairy and as long as my skin looks fine then, no problem. The hairs I have on my legs are about 1cm long and dark, but they are quite fine and I don't think people notice. I'm sure people can tell that I don't/haven't shave my arm pits but I don't care.
    I shave mine when I can be arsed but even when I do I still have the little dots and it looks crappp
    Rachael wrote:
    I shave mine when I can be arsed but even when I do I still have the little dots and it looks crappp

Same here. Or I'll do it before I go to bed, and when I wake up, I've already got a grey shadow looming.

Can you wax your armpits?
    FilthyChav wrote:
    Same here. Or I'll do it before I go to bed, and when I wake up, I've already got a grey shadow looming.

Can you wax your armpits?

Yeah you can. I'd get them done professionally tho. It's hard to hold the skin taut yourself and then pull back the wax strip as I found out. Plus my arms kinda stuck to my sides. Fun times :blush:
    Im lucky that Im not a very hairy person, I only need to shave my armpits twice a week and my legs perhaps once every other week. The hair dosent grow fast at all and when it does its dead fine and light.
    katralla wrote:
    I very rarely shave, I'm not very hairy and as long as my skin looks fine then, no problem. The hairs I have on my legs are about 1cm long and dark, but they are quite fine and I don't think people notice. I'm sure people can tell that I don't/haven't shave my arm pits but I don't care.

I'm quite similar.

I really despise shaving, waxing, sugaring, stinking creams etc and all that bollocks. The amount of money some of my friends spend removing the hair from every square inch of their body staggers me, but each to their own I suppose.

One day I think I'll give into my instincts and just let it all grow, I suppose I might not be saying that if my leg hair wasn't so fine and blonde, though. I wouldn't DREAM of shaving it if I wasn't getting my pins out, I have far more interesting ways of wasting time haha. Armpits with a bit of regrowth don't bother me; I usually shave them if they'll be seen or if they're stonking.

My ex loved his "quips" about striking matches in girls' armpits since he was a hair-removal freak himself. What a twat. Now I've hitched my wagon to a big, hairy monster it's likely I may go the same way... :D
    Totally agree about the feeling of shaved legs on clean bedding!!

I normally shave my armpits every few days and my legs whenever they are out on show or when they get too long. In the winter months, I do not mind them when they get a bit longer since I only wear trousers then.
    I've got REALLY dark hair and it's a wee bit unfair. Everything is these days. But that's besides the point.

Nah, I can't be bothered shaving unless someone's gonna see/feel my legs! It's too high maintenance for me, and it costs pennies. Shaving the armpits is always a must, however, cause I'm forever wearing t-shirts, even if I'm wearing it under a shirt or a hoodie.

Side note: Man, I'm freakin starving...
    im reeeally dark haired so shaving is a definate must when i want to show a bit of leg. it grows back after shaving extremely fast as well which can get a tad annoying!!!
    however, even though im dark i only really shave my legs when i know people are going to see them - like wearing a skirt or swimming cossie. OR if im going out on a friday/saturday night and i dont want to feel like a complete gorilla because i havent shaved.

likewise for armpits. although those get done a lot more regularly. especially in summer when im wearing vest tops so people will definately see!
    I shave my pits every few days if I can be arsed. Arsed being whether I'm wearing a short sleeved top and in the knowledge someone will be getting that close to view my pits. Ha.

The legs get shaven whenever they're on display which is rarely. The perks of being single :D!
    my_name wrote:
    Me too. Anybody else suffer from the 5oclock shadow... on your legs :p:o

I feel your pain!

I tend to shave more often during the summer than any other season .. I don't see the point in shaving unless I''d be vulnerable to the public eye :nervous: