Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Eating Marijuana

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
This has probably been asked before, but anyways:

What is the best way to eat marijuana?
What are the differences in effect/high?
How long does it get you stoned for?

Etc etc.

I ask because a friend of mine wants to try it, but hates smoking (and indeed doesn't know how to physically do so!)...

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I haven't had much experience eating weed but I've put crumbled up resin into muller corners and the like before.

takes a couple of hours for the effects to come on but when they do.....it can be quite intense. makes me monged and very lethargic though.
    How much is required to have an effect?

Thing is I don't really want to throw my mate into the deep end and put him off forever! But its pretty difficult to judge anyway...
    Just try the amount you might put in a joint.

Always start small. You can always redose if you don't get the desired effect, though admittedly it's more difficult to judge when eating it due to the timescale involved.
    spread a bit for a couple of joints into a tablespoon and pour a teaspoon of cooking oil into it .. heat it up for a minute or two until it all dissolves into a brown liquid and throw it into a yoghurt and eat it .. will start creeping up on you after about 45 mins to an hour .. after about an hour and a half you'll be fairly stoned

it DEFINATLY helps to eat it on an empty stomach .. and although a lot of people disagree i have DEFINATLY found it to be a lot stronger when you use cooking oil

it's a good strong high that lasts a good 4 hours or so .. ive found it to be a lot tripper and actaully got visuals from it

considering your mate hasnt took it before id suggest giving him a bit less ... id say my tolerance is fairly high and a bit for a couple of joints gets me rightly monged out for a while

just make sure you dont take it too late if you've anything to do in the morning .. you'll wake up still stoned and its very fuckin difficult to get up!
    cake :yum:

its disolvable in fat but not water
    Hash brownies work a treat. Any sort of cake really. About the same amount you put into a joint, into the mix and bake. Yummy.

I've also had it in cups of tea, but because the resin doesn't desolve you basically have to swallow the gunk at the end to get the full effect.

Ilora x
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Made space cakes, they rocked.

Put a 10 bag into a mix of cadbury's choc cakes. 6 made. At two in half an hour, then were pretty damn done.

Gonna make some more but put a whole eigth in this time. Heheh. Dunno when though, need parents away.
    or if its bush keep the stalks (smoke the buds) and pour a shot of vodka in a glass and add storks over a while or so, the THC seeps in to the vodka and when its changed colour slighty take the shot,
    it hits you in a 1/2 hourish and lasts a long time and you'll be so monged! :p
    or if its bush keep the stalks (smoke the buds) and pour a shot of vodka in a glass and add storks over a while or so, the THC seeps in to the vodka and when its changed colour slighty take the shot,
    it hits you in a 1/2 hourish and lasts a long time and you'll be so monged! :p

nice :chin:
    when cooking marijuana, it is best to use oily products like oil, butter, etc because thc is dissolves in oil, so the thc transfers into the oil. normally i get rid of most stalks and leaves so i can use the oil to cook real food without the hassle of a teethful of ground ganja.
    god if thc was water soluble... man, marijuana would be even more perfect
    god if thc was water soluble... man, marijuana would be even more perfect

No, its exactly because its not that its a good drug, if it were water soluble the comedown and withdrawl from the drug would be much quicker and much more noticable. It would because of this quite probably be more addictive too.
    My mate robbed up a couple of plants a few weeks ago from some random greenhouse. Unfortunately it was too sticky and un-developed to even try and put into a jay, and my mate couldn't be fucked to re-plant it, he had no where to grow it, so we just bunked about 5 ounces of stalk and leaves into a herbal tea...it smells rancid whilst boiling, it goes bright fucking green and you do have to swallow the gunky shit at the bottom, but let's just say that after many many mugs and a bit of a wait for the effects to kick in, we were all fucking mashed. We also put a couple of ounces worth of the sticky shitty un-smokable bud into a chocolate fudge cake and not only did it taste fucking amazing but it got us even more fucking caned. Try that shit... you don't need like 5 ounces of stalk and leaves to make your tea, that was just cos they were a fair few of us and we wanted to get wasted.
    Unless you have some form of fat in the tea (milk for example) it wont work.
    We had milk and sugar in ours :D
    XTC wrote:
    We had milk and sugar in ours :D

Thats what the THC disolved in then, its pointless boiling cannabis in water.
    bongbudda wrote:

so, making marijuana tea is a bit of a waste of time? (would it be better to simmer it in milk and drink that..? )
    Replicant wrote:
    so, making marijuana tea is a bit of a waste of time? (would it be better to simmer it in milk and drink that..? )

Yes, if you dont use a fat then all you are doing is making your cannabis wet.
    bongbudda wrote:

So you'd be better maknig a cup of warn milk with cannabis in it... then adding this to the tea?
    Me and my friend have tried quite a few things but we find rice crispie or cornflake cakes the best one to have cos they taste really good! Melt some chocolate, crumble resin, add cornflakes and then set for 5 minutes and hoozar... yummy cakes :)

Be careful the amount you use, first time I did it we used waaay too much and ended up puking lots and lots...yuck!
    Could you dissolve some weed in cooking oil, then use it to, for example, fry an egg? Hash egg sounds nice!
    Could you dissolve some weed in cooking oil, then use it to, for example, fry an egg? Hash egg sounds nice!

You probably could, although your better off baknig cakes or something, make some pot butter. Or, if you dont mind the tasty bits of weed do what I did - just buy a premade cake mix, and drop ground up pot into it.

Makes nice cakes... and... still taste just as good! Only difference is, your just digesting bits of raw pot.
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    So you'd be better maknig a cup of warn milk with cannabis in it... then adding this to the tea?

Yes, like I said, there is no point in boiling cannabis in water, if THC was water soluble then bongs would never work.

Any fat will work just the same, be it butter, oil, milk or chocolate. Either that or just eat the stuff without the bother of cooking it.
    just smoke it!
    Can you boil soapbar in water and extract the THC from it?
    turlough wrote:
    Can you boil soapbar in water and extract the THC from it?

I have heard that boiling soapbar in water can clean it, in that the crap is washed away but the THC isnt. But I've never done it myself.
    This may sound stupid, but how much cake mix to weed?

Say I have a ten bag (which I know varies but its the only form of measurement I know) how much cake mix before I don't overdose but don't dillute.

I would just make loads and eat them as I go but if they take an hour to kick in I don't awnt to overdo it!