Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

First time scare

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am a virgin and going to have sex for the first time with my bf. My bf having an abnormal thick penis, it is around 2.3" in diameter but adverage in length. A lot of my friends said that huge penis cause more pain to a virgin. I am scare to have sex with him.

1) Anybody having sex for the first time with thick penis? Was it painful? How big is his penis?
2) A lot of people said that first time sex hurt a lot. How much its hurt? Can you compare it with something? Was your first time painful?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    there are quite a few threads on this which have some helpful advice.You can find them by clicking the search button in the bar and typing in virgin or first time or some such wording :)
    Lots of foreplay so your really wet will make it better.

As will lots of fingers first, first one then when thats comfortable two, then when thats good three. If you build up like that then its unlikely to hurt much at all.
    take it slowely.
    and use plenty of lube.
    jessjess wrote:
    I am a virgin and going to have sex for the first time with my bf. My bf having an abnormal thick penis, it is around 2.3" in diameter but adverage in length. A lot of my friends said that huge penis cause more pain to a virgin. I am scare to have sex with him.

1) Anybody having sex for the first time with thick penis? Was it painful? How big is his penis?
    2) A lot of people said that first time sex hurt a lot. How much its hurt? Can you compare it with something? Was your first time painful?
    1) Yes, yes, very.
    2) Depends on the individual and their perception of pain. It was one of the most painful experiences I've had. Worse than having infected 4 wisdom teeth and having them removed. Worse than whiplash. Not as bad as having a large stick in my inner ear canal.
    jessjess wrote:

1. Yes.
    2. It hurt me a hell of alot but I've known loads of people whose first time didn't hurt.

The main thing is, is to be relaxed. If you are not relaxed then of course its going to hurt. Use lots of lube, have lots of foreplay and relax :)
    Not entirely sure why you'd want the exact measurements of his penis, but guidance is much the same. First-time sex could hurt, simply for the blunt fact you haven't had a penis inside you before. And a larger one will make you stretch, and it could hurt. Best thing to do is relax, and if you feel uncomfortable at any point, stop or take a break.

If your boyfriend wants to make it a more pleasant experience for you, he can make sure he gives you loads of oral sex, lots of physical contact and to be particularly gentle when he enters you for the first time. Also, you could try going on top of him, as that way, you can control how much of him to take in at the same time. Plenty of ways to have fun, just use your imagination, use condoms, and relax!
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hi there,

First off welcome to TheSite - I hope you find lots of useful info here :)

Assuming that you are definitely ready for sex (which you might want to re-consider when thinking about the issues you mention) there are ways to try and ensure your first time is an enjoyable and memorable experience. It's fairly common for young women to experience dis-comfort during sex for the first time, but generally speaking, a vagina will stretch to accomodate pretty much any penis of any size if you are relaxed and have enough lubrication.

If you find that sex is painful, then you might want to consider some of the reasons discussed in this article.

Take care and stay safe :)
    1) Yes, and no it didnt hurt at all, infact strange as it may sound it was a couple of times before i really felt anything at all.

2) Once again not painfull in the slightest. the only pain i felt was in my leg muscles in the morning from holding myself in positions i wasnt used to.

I think you are worrying far to much, if its going to hurt then it will do regardless of the size of his nob. Its designed to fit a baby out of and i doubt he's that big
    i dunno if i could call my bfs penis abnormally thick - but it certainly seemed pretty thick to me
    At first it hurt a bit, and i made sure he didn't thrust too hard. It was soon fine - because we were up for a long time! ;)
    I was a bit sore the next day, and my hips ached. Its taken me a few times before it didn't hurt at all.
    melanie wrote:
    I think you are worrying far to much, if its going to hurt then it will do regardless of the size of his nob. Its designed to fit a baby out of and i doubt he's that big

:lol:

I agree that lots of foreplay and lube are a must, especially if you're as anxious as you seem to be. Being nervous doesn't necessarily mean you're not ready to have sex, but if you're really panicking about it then it's worth reviewing whether you actually want to do it yet. But if and when you do, take it slow and let him know what he shouldn't do, what he should do more of etc... Try to relax and enjoy the ride ;)
    You need to make sure you take it slow, and also that you are both relaxed. The first time shouldn't be heavy and fast simply because it will hurt more and you probably won't enjoy it as much- unless you want to of course.
    Try and control it by being on top, as mentioned above. Use condoms obviously and lots of foreplay before will help so you are more comfortable.
    Move positions if it is really painful, for example both side to side, as it won't go as deep.
    If you're still worried then leave it, and try another time.
    Hope this helps. :thumb:
    I wouldn't be scared. My boyfriend and I had a very similar issue and I wasn't in pain though i must say it took a long time. We had to try several times before he could actually enter me because I had at that point had no sexual experience at all. So it took well over a month for me to be comfortable with the idea of sex and to get to the point where it wouldn't hurt. I would say after some sexual experience (fingering or oral) you won't have any pain if you truly want it
    It hurt heaps for me, but no blood.

I thought I wasnt nervous, but I was, thats most of the reason why it hurt so much
    Thanks for the advise.
    I have tried to have sex with my bf last night for the first time with use a lot of lube and foreplay. When he try to enter me, I feel like my vagina is stretched to its limit, when he push in a little bit more, I am in a lot of pain and feel like my vagina going to split into two. I thought he already full inside me. When I touch his penis by my hand, found that not even half of the head was inside me. I have to ask him to stop as it look like he is too thick to fit into me.

I already in a lot of pain not even half of his penis go inside me. My vagina need to stretch more to accomodate the diameter of his penis, I don't think I can handle it. After that, I go to the bathroom and use mirror to check my hymen and it is still intact. Heard that breaking the hymen is the most painful thing when a virgin having sex for the first time. Will it be more painful than stretching my vagina wall with his extreme thick penis? Please help to advise.

My bf going to try again next week. I am worry the pain will be more than what I am facing last night when he stretch my vagina more and also break my hymen. I do not know what to do.
    jessjess

My bf and I experienced this problem, the feeling that he won't fit inside me. It was frustrating for us both, and painful for me!

IMO, there is no need to worry about next week. If you tell him you do not want to try again yet then he shouldn't. There is no rush. Maybe you need to know and be comfortable with each other's bodies a bit more.

For us it was a case of taking our time. At first him going inside me with one finger hurt a bit, now we are up to three and it doesn't hurt at all.

The more relaxed I am, the less it hurt, sometimes I tense up worrying that it is going to hurt and that does not help. So relax and explain to him that you need to extremely aroused first too.

Take care of yourself

cq
    I second the fingers idea.

If he can get three fingers up to the knuckle inside then sex won't hurt at all, so work up on fingers first, even if its part of foreplay on the same day.

Also remember wet wet wet.
    This is completely off subject, but what is IMO? I know what TBH is, but I have no idea what IMO is! :chin:
    This is completely off subject, but what is IMO? I know what TBH is, but I have no idea what IMO is! :chin:

In My Opinion

IMHO

In My Humble Opinion

;)
    Ah that makes sense!

honestly my first time didnt hurt that much at all, atleast not in comparison to other stuff, id done quite a bit before that though and id bled a fare bit through finger ages before.
    jessjess wrote:
    it is around 2.3" in diameter

:eek: Diameter? really?

but adverage in length. A lot of my friends said that huge penis cause more pain to a virgin. I am scare to have sex with him.

Things that your friends have said are probably making you more tense about having sex, which won't help you be relaxed when he enters you. Try using KY Jelly.