Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Another thesite baby...

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    very true and im all up for honesty but someone times there is a time and a place and the line needs to be drawn
    What were they expecting? It is a bit of a surprise, hellfire isn't exactly thought of as mature considering his history on here, he's also still only 18 his bird isn't much older, it's not like their in a stable place, hellfire hasn't got a job etc etc

Bitchiness is one thing, but a sense of realism is more than acceptable.
    Bri-namite wrote:
    Don't think you'd get so many people coming out with the "deal with it" line then, would ya?

Guess not. So my line's somewhere a bit higher up then innit? Which would suggest that maybe good news is the sort of stuff that can stand a bit of ribbing. So I would think anyway.
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    What were they expecting?

That some people might manage to keep their mouths shut for once and be happy for them?

This is the first time, the first time, that I've seen someone's finances debated like this. Are we to assume that this is what's going to happen in every pregnancy thread?
    Mist

Yeah, I know.

Bit of a touchy subject, that's all.
    Lolz - I knew we were going to get abuse. I was prepared for it. Just didn't expect some of the replies. They seemed a bit ruder than I expected, even from this place, tbh. I can take abuse but I'm still going to stick up for myself and my boyfriend. That doesn't mean I can't take a joke.
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    Bitchiness is one thing, but a sense of realism is more than acceptable.

No of course, I totally agree but come on guys lets be a bit mature about it. Lots of people find themselves in situations they didn't plan to be in but you just have to make the best of what you have don't you? I know that if I became pregnant now it would not be great and obviously would mean a hell of a lot of planning and changes in my life but I would give it my best shot which I'm sure they are oth planning on doing too
    Infinite wrote:
    That some people might manage to keep their mouths shut for once and be happy for them?

This is the first time, the first time, that I've seen someone's finances debated like this. Are we to assume that this is what's going to happen in every pregnancy thread?
    I remember tink having questions much like the above asked when she announced her baby boy.
    Bri-namite wrote:
    Bit of a touchy subject, that's all.
    I agree with you in some senses, and there are many reasons to why it could be to many people, just still, respect and stuff!
    Infinite wrote:

Aww chill. Not like your the one having a baby is it.

Look maybe not the girl, but definitely Hellfire, was gonna get stick for this. He has a reputation as a bit of a weirdo on here. Some people may not like him (or them), so why shouldn't they say their bit? Same as the people that like them saying theres.

Free speech i tells you. I'm all for it. Everyone say what they like :yippe:
    I think that the questions are fair enough, it's not like they are forced to answer if they don't want to.

Hellfire should be proud that he can still stir up a debate on here, even when he's not actually posting. ;)
    Some people's behaviour is utterly absurd. I can't believe what I'm reading - really disappointed. The point of being on this forum is to help other people, and some of the replies have just been ridiculous.

I am happy for you. Just ignore everyone else's comments and remarks - looking at them, they're useless and it really tells a lot about them. Shut your gobs if you can't be happy for them. What the fuck is the point otherwise?

I don't understand. I'm clueless.

Congratulations!
    well, congrats to you both. I hope you are happy (which you seem to be :D) and wish you all the best for the future
    In every single other thread where somebody has announced a pregnancy or birth, no matter the age of the person or their reputation on here they have never had anything but "congratulations" and happy wishings. I find it sick what people have turned this into.

And congrats Lolz and Hellfire. I'm certian you will be lovely parents.
    Totally gobsmacked

But best wishes to you both
    thank you everybody *much hugs*
    Watcha gonna call it? :D
    You should call it Neo.
    not sure yet but we like

Lyra-Grae Elizabeth for a girl
    and ******* Alexandar for a boy

not sure on first names for boys yet but it's early days
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Lolzabeth wrote:
    not sure yet but we like

I hope the stars there aren't for a swear word censored by thesite... :p
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Lolzabeth wrote:
    not sure yet but we like

I like Alexander.

Lyra just makes me think of Northern Lights as it's the only place I have ever heard it. How would you pronounce it? Like Lie-ra or Leeera?
    Like from His Dark Materials?

I suggest Archibald :yes:
    I like Alexander.

Lyra just makes me think of Northern Lights as it's the only place I have ever heard it. How would you pronounce it? Like Lie-ra or Leeera?

thats were we heard it first but I've heard it before a few times,

and it'd be Lie-ra

and Alexandar with a AR at the end (tis important)
    I suggest Roy
    I swear the yes smiley is nodding faster than it used to before the upgrade.
    Lolzabeth wrote:
    thats were we heard it first but I've heard it before a few times,

and it'd be Lie-ra

and Alexandar with a AR at the end (tis important)

Why with an AR?
    Like from His Dark Materials?

I suggest Archibald :yes:

thank you we'll take it on board ;-) HONEST

lolz - there was a guy in my class at school called archibald sebastian
    I like Lyra pronounced Lie-Rah :p
    Chesney
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I really don't understand what this thread has turned into.

I may not be Hellfag's no1 fan but no way would I stoop to this level.

Good luck, :D
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Chesney

Worst. Name. Ever.

All that poor child would hear from now until eternity would be "I aaaaam the one and oooonly."

Please don't do that to any child. I would consider it cruelty to children :yes: