Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

why wont she? doesnt she care?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ok, so you guys dont believe in love at my age, im beginning to doubt it too. but my latest ex, well we only broke up to get to know eachother better as friends, but it just doesnt seem to be happening, but we both really really like eachother, but she doesnt seem to say " i love you " or " your fantastic " much.. i just want to tell her it every minute on msn.. but whenever i do it sounds really really pushy. what do i do?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hang out, have fun, be cool. There's nothing like being over-enthusiastic to put a girl off. If you broke up to get to know each other better as friends, then I guess that's what you've got to do. I don't know about you, but I don't say "I love you" or "you're fantastic" to my friends very often (not soberly anyway).

I do doubt that she was in love with you, and if she wasn't,then she'd probably regret having said it, so saying it more yourself will only put her off more. Hanging out as friends, on the other hand, may remind her of why she liked you in the first place.
    I agree, if you keep telling her how much you like her, then it may come across as annoying, but it's good in a way that you've told her, as at least she knows what your feelings are.

As for 'not believing in love at my age'- I fell in love at 17, and still with the same guy. It can work out at a young age (I don't know how old you are though). Our situation is slighlty different though, as he's 14.5 years older than me, so he's more experienced/patient/understanding in relationships than I am, as he's had experience in this field. Anyway, I'm going off track.

Just keep things cool and matey with her :)
    yikes, thanks :D ill give it a shot!
    Why does it matter to you that she never tells you that she loves you?
    ssems strange to break up in or to get to know one another because normally you work on that in the realtionship's 1st phase. But since you two are already apart try going on 'dates' together nothing to serious just hanging out laughing etc. in order to show her that you teo are good together and the rest will follow. My boyfriend and I did this for 6 mths. before be started dating and I love him so much, so I can tell you it is worth it.
    your-babe wrote:
    I agree, if you keep telling her how much you like her, then it may come across as annoying, but it's good in a way that you've told her, as at least she knows what your feelings are.

As for 'not believing in love at my age'- I fell in love at 17, and still with the same guy. It can work out at a young age (I don't know how old you are though). Our situation is slighlty different though, as he's 14.5 years older than me, so he's more experienced/patient/understanding in relationships than I am, as he's had experience in this field. Anyway, I'm going off track.

Just keep things cool and matey with her :)

His profile says that he is 13.
    squeal16 wrote:

If so, he shouldn't worry about things like this at his age. When I was his age, I wasn't interested in stuff like this.
    I agree 13 is young but I won't laugh since I met my current boyfriend when i was 15 so there isnt that much of a difference.
    squeal16 wrote:
    :lol: Oops. In that case, ignore my post lol.
    At 13 I was having picnics in friends gardens, can't say the thought of love ever really came to me then.
    your-babe wrote:
    can't say the thought of love ever really came to me then.

Same here
    your-babe wrote:
    :lol: Oops. In that case, ignore my post lol.
    At 13 I was having picnics in friends gardens, can't say the thought of love ever really came to me then.

Same here, well not the real thing anyway, i experienced that at still a young age you may say at 15, but i am still with the guy now and it definitely is for real.

But 13 ... I don't think it's possible.
    13? wow I would really not think about getting a girlfriend
    :yes: I think the opposite sex still had cooties then. :p

Can't you just enjoy your childhood? Why rush into things, just have fun, your young, your a kid, go play in the sprinkler and go to the mall, you can watch pg 13 movies now, that should be the most exciting thing.
    really don't bother, enjoy your childhood before you start worrying about this kind of thing
    I'm guessing this girl is about the same age as you, and I think she's got it sussed, to be honest. Follow her lead - you're young and should be having fun. That's probably why she wanted to go back a bit, because you're trying to have a serious relationship when you haven't even physically grown up, let alone mentally (which is what matters really).

I don't mean to demean you, because at 13 I think most people (at least, I did) want to grow up as soon as possible, but I didn't get in my first *real* serious relationship until I was 17. I still think that's quite young and we're taking it one step at a time, though I do love him.

Anyway, go have fun with her! You two have obviously got *something*, but think of it as a really wicked friendship, rather than love, at the moment.
    I know this sounds cheesy but in a few years you're going to whish you had your childhood back