Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

The Omen - reviewed (contains spoilers)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
** SPOILER WARNING - THIS POST CONTAINS SPOILERS**

So last night I went to see the Omen. This film, cool as it was with a great story, cast and script was rather spoiled by the odd mistake.

The bad bit: Near the start we see a diesel bowser broken open and a fag end dropped by an old tramp causes it to explode. We can tell its diesel because its red. However, a discarded cigarette would never cause diesel to explode. If you saw 5th Gear last week when they showed a naked flame could easily ignite petrol, but diesel was impossible to ignite, you would know what I mean.

The good-but-not-quite-right bit: Its set mostly in Britain, and they manage to get most of the details right. Notice the end scene where the police burst in. One shot is fired, from a pistol (if it was America, they would literally come in with all guns blazing, fortunately, this is Britain, so they just fire once. Boom, headshot!). However, when they cut back to the cop, he is holding a smoking MP5. Oops.

Oh and Pete Postlethwaite is typecast as a priest. What a no-brainer that must have been for the casting director.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Might go and see it if it's anything like as good as the original. The priest in the original was pretty fantastic especially when he got skewered by the weather vane!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I thought the kid was really cute, not scary! When he smiled at the end I was like "awww I wanna adopt him!"
    Not the reaction the film makers probably wanted, lol.