Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

have you ever been sexually harrassed?

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yep, it comes hand in hand with bar work
    Yep, it comes hand in hand with bar work
    No it doesn't.
    Doofay wrote:
    No it doesn't.

It does, you just don't have nice enough tits.
    you class a comment thrown at you as 'sexual harrassment'?
    I was once on a train and this teenage boy sat down beside me and stared stroking my leg! I class that as sexual harrassment. And a drunk old man on a train once did the same. Very weird and nasty!
    I've experienced it before in work. Not nice :no:
    I think most people have experienced it at some point in their life
    I think most people have experienced it at some point in their life
    :yes:
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    In Thailand by ladyboys. :( Mind you, I can see the funny side. They're all happy / giggly all the time over there.

Otherwise, never really.

That must have been an experience!
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    That must have been an experience!

Hehe, everything about Thailand is :)
    i have and i love it! but i can see why people wouldnt tho! :thumb:
    When I worked in a hotel I'd sometimes get grabbed and stuff. I remember working a girl's school reunion one time. A whole function room full of drunk middle aged women with no men about apart from me and couple of others doing floor waiting for the bar. I was violated, badly, many times. My mate was made get up on a table and dance, much to his embarrasment and my amusment. The look on my manager's face was priceless. He certainly wasn't going to attempt and stop it though.

#sexual harassment panda# :lol:

for anyone who enjoys south park (full episode).
    I reported someone for sexual harassment when i worked for for a big sports company because he stood behind me when i was typing and grabbed my tits and when i told him to fuck off he still wouldnt move. As it was i was only there for a couple of weeks on a tempory contract so they sent him on paid holiday leve til i left.

I worked with 20 lads tho and just me so they wernt to happy when he got back and eventually he was forced to leave.

the company said that i aparently encoraged it and there were a few meetings where they were like but your young and he's a man so you must have been encoraging it and my fave line was but you havnt been out of school long so you must have misinterpreted something that was innocent - alrighty then

twats
    melanie wrote:
    I reported someone for sexual harassment when i worked for for a big sports company because he stood behind me when i was typing and grabbed my tits and when i told him to fuck off he still wouldnt move. As it was i was only there for a couple of weeks on a tempory contract so they sent him on paid holiday leve til i left.

I worked with 20 lads tho and just me so they wernt to happy when he got back and eventually he was forced to leave.

the company said that i aparently encoraged it and there were a few meetings where they were like but your young and he's a man so you must have been encoraging it and my fave line was but you havnt been out of school long so you must have misinterpreted something that was innocent - alrighty then

twats
    of course, being a young female means you want to be groped whenever possible :impissed:
    Ballerina wrote:
    of course, being a young female means you want to be groped whenever possible :impissed:

Seems that way... :rolleyes:
    Yes.

In my first job when I worked at Sainsbury's my manager was a fucking pervert and sexually harassed me.

He started off by just calling me "babe", "love" and "darling" but then once I came in late and he said if it happened again he would have to spank me. He would brush past me and "accidentally" touch my breasts. He would run his fingers through my hair.

If I was pushing a heavy load (on a replenishment trolly) instead of helping me by pulling it from the other side he would come behind me and also push the load from the same side whilst rubbing his body (i.e. his bollocks and cock) against my back and arse through our clothes.

Because I worked in the chilled food section we had gloves to wear and once when I went to get a new pair he said that I should have told him I had cold hands as he would have put my hands somewhere really hot and then there would be no need for gloves :yuck:

There are loads of other examples of his grossness, too many to mention them all.

I was stupidly naive (I started working there when I was 15) and I felt guilty about it because he was married and had a baby and at first I thought it was all in my head or that he for example had touched me by accident.

The management culture at the Sainsbury's branch where I worked was awful at the time and I felt that a complaint would not have been taken seriously as the guy who harrassed me was a deputy department manager but both the department manager and the store manager were also creeps. The department manager has since been fired for serious sexual assult on the girl who replaced me when I was leaving (although this was a different manager to the one who harrassed me).

I never reported what was happening, eventually I quit but mostly to give me more free time rather than due to the sexual harrassment.
    Addict wrote:
    #sexual harassment panda# :lol:
    for anyone who enjoys south park (full episode).
    That's a classic. I still love that episode now.

Answering the question, no, never been sexually harrassed.
    There was a guy on a bike once, but that was just once, so I guess it doesn't count.

And there was a boy that went to my school that's one of my friends that kept asking me for sex, but because I don't like upsetting people (haha), I never actually told him "no", so I guess that doesn't count either. Nothing ever happened, cause I kept making excuses, but meh.
    Blah wrote:
    and at school a boy in my art class kept groping me and putting rulers down my knickers :grump:

A horrible fat crusty retard used to touch me up all the time in art. He always smelt, and had a grubby face.

I got my (ex)boyfriend to sort him out :D.
    i have a cetain weird guy at work who likes taking my pen out of my shirt boob pocket. not sure if it counts as sexual harrassment, but it did make me feel very uncomfortable. the weird thing is, he's one of my boyf's mate, told my boyf last night, but havent heard back from him.
    have you told him not to?
    My ex boyfriend actually, I think it counts as harassment. He was fixated on sex everytime we met, to the point where I'd walk into a room and he'd get turned on, then of course expect to have sex. No amount of saying "No" would get the message across, and eventually I'd give in just to get peace. Although I did slap him very hard on a couple of occaisions which would get the point across for that night, should've done it more often.

Oh, and does constantly being told "Blow job me" count? He was such a knob, what was I thinking? :rolleyes:
    My ex boyfriend actually, I think it counts as harassment. He was fixated on sex everytime we met, to the point where I'd walk into a room and he'd get turned on, then of course expect to have sex. No amount of saying "No" would get the message across, and eventually I'd give in just to get peace. Although I did slap him very hard on a couple of occaisions which would get the point across for that night, should've done it more often.

Oh, and does constantly being told "Blow job me" count? He was such a knob, what was I thinking? :rolleyes:

What an arse!