Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Newcastle meet part deux

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i shalt be there most definately, but i should hopefully not be broken this time, like i was last time, so would have to be at work at 6.30 on the saturday thoughy
    MrG wrote:
    i shalt be there most definately, but i should hopefully not be broken this time, like i was last time, so would have to be at work at 6.30 on the saturday thoughy
    I was thinking "Gareth better not have broken anything this time"
    I am leaning more towards coming to the meet. Having nothing to do is REALLY boring.
    Oops the other day I got the number of days to go wrong it should've been 9 and not 16 hehe.7 days to go now!
    I can't go now :(
    Pay day aint till 23rd and I'm broke at the moment. No way I can afford the trip now. Maybe next time guys.
    This is going to be a smaller meet than the last Newcastle meet! Anyone else want to come? We're not scary, I promise. Even Kermit's not very scary.
    I'm definately a no now guys.

I'm working next weekend and to be honest, I haven't got the cash anyways.

Have fun :)
    I'm up for a few beers still, but nothing too elaborate as I am poor at the moment. Something to do with a little fluffy shitbag that answers to the name "shitbag".

Intimate is better anyway, I don't like big meets. And if you can't come then you weren't wanted anyway;)
    I can't afford many drinks either :(
    Any chance we could go somewhere where we could sit outside if the weather is nice?
    Probably, though beer gardens are scarce in central Newcastle. I'm certainly not paying the prices in the Pitcher and Piano.

I'll probably do a bit of overtime during the day and meet you for tea and beer.
    Kermit wrote:
    Intimate is better anyway, I don't like big meets. And if you can't come then you weren't wanted anyway;)

Charming! ! ! :(
    There's at least one pub on the quayside with a beer garden.
    I'm another one who's poor and have imbibed enough this weekend to make sure my blood alcohol level will be sky-high for a month... but of course I'll be there!

With regard to where to park our bums. I would loveloveLOVE it if we went to The Tyne; I know it's a birrova trek and maybe not everyone's thing but it's the best pub in the world and we can sit outside in the beer garden if it's nice. They'll probably be playing some funky tunes on the outside stage and if not there's always the fucking amazing and free jukebox of my dreams.

Otherwise there's always the beer garden/park bench out back of The Percy... if we're feeling classy, like ;)
    Even though I'm talking to myself, I thought I'd just add that there's actually a "NewcastleGateshead welcome the world" mini-festival going on on the Quayside this week. So there'll be some things going on at Trinity Gardens (handy for Kermit, haha) on Saturday I think... including a strange-but-possibly-interesting representative performance of the "youth" of the world through grains of rice which I would love to see.

Then we can eat, drink and generally be merry budget-style... even if it is only a teeny group of us :) I know you'll probably all bugger off early and/or are skint, but if anyone sticks around I'll probably be going to a funk night later at a pub just off the Quayside in Byker which should be excellent.
    Sounds erm...... interesting Briggi
    Ha ha, we don't have to go, just seemed interesting. I'll probably be down there before Saturday, anyway, but thought it might be of vague interest to someone... anyone... Bueller?

:p
    rachie004 wrote:
    So when is it happening?

*is fairly sure the same day I'm doing a Fwankfurt*

This SaTURDay :p
    Lovely briggi.
    Rice thing sound like a good thing to take photos of.

This time we need a big touristy photo of us all on the bridge :yes:
    It does, doesn't it! There's a big parade tomorrow to open this festival which I'll be going to... if that's rubbish then I'll think twice about the rice (I'm a poet and I don't know it) but I think it sounds pretty cool.

A bridge photo is essential, I agree. I can add it to my collection of about 5 bazillion photos I have of me on the Millennium Bridge :lol:
    I have 3 photos of me on the millennium bridge, all taken by you. It's the start of a collection at least :p
    It'll never rival mine... mua ha ha.

Bring a hat with you for hat-posing pictures, I command thee! :D
    Which one? I have many :D
    lea_uk wrote:
    There's at least one pub on the quayside with a beer garden.

Yeah, the Pitcher and Piano. I can't afford there, and won't go there if you do. The other choice is Lloyd's, which I can afford.

The rice exhibition is in my office block, and its actually quite interesting. The "people who will die today" pile of rice in our lobby is quite sad, but happily the "people who will be born" pile is bigger.

I probably shouldn't have said that, mind, as you now all know who I work for;)
    Kermit wrote:
    Yeah, the Pitcher and Piano. I can't afford there, and won't go there if you do.
    Nah didn't mean there. I've seen one just not sure of the name.
    Kermit wrote:
    I probably shouldn't have said that, mind, as you now all know who I work for;)
    I already know who you work for, can't hide from me. Actually I even have your work phone number...

By the way, briggi is making me come to the meet, so count me in etc.
    Anyone else interested?
    I'd say 12-12:30pm.
    I can get a train in for about 12 noon.
    I'll probably be able to get to the station for about midday.