Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

blood clot on lung

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Someone told me they had a blood clot on thier lung which was making breathing harder than normal - this was a reason for being late to work by the way.

now i just said ok well just get on with it now, but i was all the time thing WAT i'm sure thats pretty serious!! and u shud probably be in hospital...!

Am i totally wrong?? it does happen quite often but this time im not so sure lol

Comments

• Options
    my grandfather died of a blood clot in his lung! so yeah it's pretty serious...
  • Options
    They should be in hospital!

Not sure how it would make them late for work though. :confused:
  • Options
    they said that they'd been to having trouble breathing adn it was stopping them sleeping. so they had not worken up with their alarm.

Its so difficult bcos that person was not questioned by the manager on shift as they dont care lol nice place to work.

Its not the first time this person has lied for no reason.

Hmmm
    cheers any way i did think it was serious.
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:
    Not sure how it would make them late for work though. :confused:

they could be too dead to make it to work.

smells fishy to me.
  • Options
    lexijb wrote:
    Someone told me they had a blood clot on thier lung which was making breathing harder than normal - this was a reason for being late to work by the way.

now i just said ok well just get on with it now, but i was all the time thing WAT i'm sure thats pretty serious!! and u shud probably be in hospital...!

Am i totally wrong?? it does happen quite often but this time im not so sure lol

My sister had a suspected blood-clot on her lung last year. She was kept in hospital for days, and told that she couldn't even walk to the toilet in case it moved.

It sounds like complete bollocks to me. People just suddenly drop dead from having a blood clot - they don't struggle to sleep, then go into work the next morning.
  • Options
    They could be lying but they could've also made the assumption a clot on the lung was the reason for them being ill.
  • Options
    Be completely sympathetic to their plight, and say they really need to see a doctor and get certified fit to work, full explanation of their condition etc.

I suspect they may squirm.
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:

smells fishy to me.
    :chin:

Yeah, very fishy.
  • Options
    Blood clot on lung!

Hi i am 22 years old. December of 2002 I was 18 at the time. I went snow boarding in Canada, and had an accident. I was diagnosed with blood clots 6 days after my accident. I had one the size of a golf ball in my left groin, and i have one on my lung.
    I was beded down in hospital for a while only being allowed out of bed to use the toilet, and had to bath in bed.
    Ive been in and out of hospital a few times. I have two sons which i have given birth to while having these clots. Although i try to live a normal life at home it isnt normal at all, and very frustrating for both me and my husband. I am out of breath all the time, i struggle to get up the stairs or up hills. My legs really ache when i walk up one set of stairs, and i have to rest constantly even when doing house work. I hate it because i used to be able to go for runs, and now i cant. My dad made me sell my horse because he was worried that i would fall off him while having clots. It is very serious, and any pain or bleeding i have to get straight to a doctor. My life feels like it is ruined i feel depressed a lot, and i hate living like this.
    I havent even been offered a lung transplant so i have no idea if i can even have one, i know that would improve my life a little. I am hopeing that soon enough there will be a cure. I have to take every day as it comes and hope i am still alive to see my babies get married and have a decent life.
    Just thought id say that i know how hard it is to live with clots as i have them, and im pretty sure the person who didnt make it to work on time was late getting up, but couldnt get ready fast enough to make it in sooner.
    whom ever said you should be in hospital...well you shouldnt unless you are having problems other than the norm, or if you have just been diagnosed with them.
    hope this helps anyone that needs information on clots.
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:

smells fishy to me.

:yes: I thought, I'm having car troubles, or, the power went out so my alarm didn't go off this morning were sufficent excuses for being late. Talk about going hardcore :p
  • Options
    holly663 wrote:
    Hi i am 22 years old. December of 2002 I was 18 at the time. I went snow boarding in Canada, and had an accident. I was diagnosed with blood clots 6 days after my accident. I had one the size of a golf ball in my left groin, and i have one on my lung.
    I was beded down in hospital for a while only being allowed out of bed to use the toilet, and had to bath in bed.
    Ive been in and out of hospital a few times. I have two sons which i have given birth to while having these clots. Although i try to live a normal life at home it isnt normal at all, and very frustrating for both me and my husband. I am out of breath all the time, i struggle to get up the stairs or up hills. My legs really ache when i walk up one set of stairs, and i have to rest constantly even when doing house work. I hate it because i used to be able to go for runs, and now i cant. My dad made me sell my horse because he was worried that i would fall off him while having clots. It is very serious, and any pain or bleeding i have to get straight to a doctor. My life feels like it is ruined i feel depressed a lot, and i hate living like this.
    I havent even been offered a lung transplant so i have no idea if i can even have one, i know that would improve my life a little. I am hopeing that soon enough there will be a cure. I have to take every day as it comes and hope i am still alive to see my babies get married and have a decent life.
    Just thought id say that i know how hard it is to live with clots as i have them, and im pretty sure the person who didnt make it to work on time was late getting up, but couldnt get ready fast enough to make it in sooner.
    whom ever said you should be in hospital...well you shouldnt unless you are having problems other than the norm, or if you have just been diagnosed with them.
    i thought you had blood clots removed imediatly by surgery?
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    i thought you had blood clots removed imediatly by surgery?
    You thought wrong.

http://www.patient.co.uk/showdoc/40001322
  • Options
    holly663 wrote:

hey, man that makes me feel soo sorry for you :( i really, really hope you do get a transplant, so your life can go back to normal to enjoy it to the max with your family :) bless you x x x