Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Need help r.e BENZOS!!!

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Thanks Kayz I detoxed from about 80mg down to 40 then 30 when I went to doctors, I'm now on 20mg and managing ok, just! It's not easy but it's not massively difficult, I'm down to 15mg starting Wednesday. Just looking forward to being off them to be honest. I was taking them sort of self-medicating but there was recreational use in there as well as I did enjoy the feeling off them and used them for comedowns/hangovers,you name it. I used to take a few before going out drinking but I don't even get any more drunk with them anymore which is a bit alarming because I used to have a few drinks on them and be spannered, now I can drink all night on them and still not even be quite drunk.

The first few days on 20mg were hard but I've coped I'm not expecting to feel much of a difference between 20mg and 15mg a day. I think part of it is psychological although there are a lot of things that are clearly not, like the twitches/cramps/headfuck that comes with it. I just have a joint to get me to bed but I won't be doing that when I've come off them incase of any anxiety/paranoia because I haven't smoked dope without them in my system in them for a while so if I do it'll only be a single skinner or summat. I'm having a long break from the e's and only gonna do the odd bit of coke down pub and that. Trying to turn my life round a bit, feel like I've been in a drug haze for years!

Wish me luck!
  • Options
    Why do people use benzo's recreationally?

I took a 5mg diazepam today, which is nothing really but i never used them before, plus i was meant to be working too.
    Didnt effect me much, i just felt had a 'nice, calm' feeling for an hour or so. This could have just been psychological though!!
  • Options
    5mg won't do much at all apart from maybe help you sleep a little. My recreational doses were from about 50mg up to 200mg+ and that is whilst drinking as well. Seriously dangerous looking back and I do regret a couple of nights and have a few gaps in my memory. Taking loads and drinking loads on top used to have me out of it for about 2 days. Feels good but it's dangerous, if it's not the CNS depressant it's the chances of getting run over, fights, falling over and breaking bones etc, I've seen it all. A lot of my friends have been locked up for doing all kinds of stuff whilst drinking and taking downers.

Anyway as far as recreational doses go I'd say they start at about 40-50mg, expect amnesia though if you're not used to them! And whilst maybe 1-2 drinks will potentiate the feeling a lot and be reasonably safe I'd advise anyone to play it safe when unexperienced, despite what friends etc might do.
  • Options
    Uprising wrote:
    Anyway as far as recreational doses go I'd say they start at about 40-50mg, expect amnesia though if you're not used to them! And whilst maybe 1-2 drinks will potentiate the feeling a lot and be reasonably safe I'd advise anyone to play it safe when unexperienced, despite what friends etc might do.

40mg with a couple of alcoholic drinks is easily enough to knock most people out cold.
  • Options
    severe memory gaps is right .. i was getting told i was in places i cant remember being in doing stuff i cant remember doing for weeks the last time i took a load with drink
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    40mg with a couple of alcoholic drinks is easily enough to knock most people out cold.

I must just have built up a big tolerance then because at the minute 40mg would barely touch me, I think it may fuck someone up a bit but not KO them. Wobbly and amnesic maybe, play safe! I was on 200mg and drinking every day for a week and I wasn't totally out of it. And when I didn't have a tolerance I took 40mg when I went to hospital and slept while I waited for my X-Ray, but I could easily wake up it was more of the fact that I was really bored and relaxed at the same time.

20-30mg is a good starting dose to feel the effects I think.
    For some reason though 15mg of Nitrazepam, which is meant to be weaker (although it is a hypnotic benzo as opposed to anxiolitic) makes me more slurry and drunken. Apart from when I've built up a big tolerance like I have. It's shit having a tolerance, don't get much of the good feeling. They are definately something that should just be saved for comedowns/hangovers or occaisional use. Taking them regularly is very very habit forming, I could manage coming off 240mg DHC a day almost cold turkey but coming off a few vallys a day is much worse and lasts about 2 weeks. The first week being really bad then second week improving by the day.