Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

help! itchy skin rash

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i have a really really itchy skin rash all over both arms. i take it it has been caused by the sun although i have never had this before. i had on factor twenty. i have tried atihistamines and e40 itchy skin cream but its not working. went for a cool shower and it looks worse!!
any ideas, remedies??

Comments

• Options
    antihistamines have a cumulative effect, so keep taking them. Cetirizine is the best one for skin rashes I think.
  • Options
    Guna get shouted at for saying this but i get it every year on holiday .. only thing that stops it is a few sunbed sessions before going away
  • Options
    *shouts at you*
  • Options
    I've got the samething. Some people call it prickly heat. I've never had it before but know a few people who get it every year. Does it look like a small collection of bumps in a red rash and VERYVERYVERY itchie?

I've been using antihistamine cream (as the tablets do nothing for it) 2-3 times a day. to help it go down. and Calamine cream for the itch and soothe the skin.

Went to the docs about it today and got told to use Locoid Cream (with Hydrocotisoe in it). that seem to be helping, but only taking hte edge of the itch away
  • Options
    Just keep taking the antihistamines for a few more days and see if it settles down. I had a rash of nasty little red spots up both arms that i got from that Johnson's holiday skin stuff, and the doctor just told me to take antihistamines and they did work after a while.
  • Options
    try hyrdocortizine (sp?) cream. :yes:
  • Options
    hyrdocortizine (sp?)

hydrocortisone :thumb: :p

you can get Hc45 over the counter and it's handy for all your common or garden allergic rashes, mini eczema patches and bee stings.

obviously if it keeps getting worse, or you are worried - see a doctor.
  • Options
    oops i meant to put 'hydr...' but i spelt it wrong anyway. :razz:
  • Options
    iv got ecezma and advice; try and relax. have you been more stressed lately? its always what makes my skin worse anyway.. and yeah hydrocortisone is good but maybe something stronger depending on how bad it is. keep it clean and dont scratch with dirty finger nails :p
  • Options
    cheers its gone now and fingers crossed does not return, i got some benadryl cream from the chemist that stopped the itch.