Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

barred for entry for wearing a england

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
it's stupid, actually i tried going to pub last night but wasn't allowed in as i had an england shirt on

stupid nonsensical rules always annoy me but this one just made never want to go to that town again

by the way it's in a town with near 0 minorities and safe tory/right wing place, and the pub in question was a wetherspoons branch :mad: and this was a pub, not a bar or club or anything like that

all i did was want to go to the pub and have some cold drinks and chat to my mates

bahhhh it's stupid indiscriminate rules like this that piss me off

ps in the end my mate drove us lot back to homw town where we went the local dive and had a good time :thumb:

Comments

• Options
    What a rule, well at this time of year with all the foot fans out in force they will lose lots of custom am sure xx
  • Options
    More votes for the BNP.
  • Options
    BTW on st georges day in stoke on trent the flag was banned in wetherspoons in hanley.
  • Options
    More to do with perceptions of trouble makers. I've been refused entry into pubs for not wearing shiny shoes. Its a nonsense, but fuck all to do with PC, the BNP or anything else apart from idiotic dress codes.
  • Options
    luke88 wrote:
    BTW on st georges day in stoke on trent the flag was banned in wetherspoons in hanley.

it's the people who run wtherspoons who are knobs then, im coming to conclude

dont see how it translates as BNP votes though
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    More to do with perceptions of trouble makers. I've been refused entry into pubs for not wearing shiny shoes. Its a nonsense, but fuck all to do with PC, the BNP or anything else apart from idiotic dress codes.

yup :thumb:

just how can they justify such stupid policies? i swear wetherspoons is almost becoming famous for it
  • Options
    Take your business elsewhere then.

A lot of pubs ban football shirts.
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:
    Take your business elsewhere then.

A lot of pubs ban football shirts.

only stupid poncy ones

the ones that don't, don't have any fights near me, nor are they NF homes, actually the one we landed up last night is run by a friendly but assertive sikh famuily who kicks people out at 1st sign of trouble, which is good, but they dont have any stupid clothing bans
  • Options
    Horses for courses. I don't go to dodgy pubs.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    It is stupid. But you get idiots everywhere.

Luke - why more BNP votes? I don't see how this comment bears any relevance?
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:

It's Luke going on his 'I masturbate over the BNP, I love Nick Griffin' drivel again.

Its common practise to ban football shirts to stop local fans rioting with each other and it works well in practise. Maybe this paticular branch of Wetherspoons is branding itself as a World Cup free zone or something like that?
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:

Because people are not allowed to be patriotic in their country.
  • Options
    luke88 wrote:

If someone tries to enter the pub in an French, Spanish or even Iranian football shirt they'd be told the same thing. Give it a break, you're a piss poor one-trick pony.
  • Options
    luke88 wrote:
    :lol: ?!?!?!

You are odd! I like you, can he be the board pet? And we like, feed him under the table?!

And well... our 'Spoons was showing the game yesterday, no idea if they banned shirts or not. I went to the Cinema instead, and got mighty high.

But anyway. I don't really care at the end of the day. It's only a shirt, and wearing a shirt is hardly patriotism in any way. It doesn't affect you - just wear a different one.

But, does seem a tad odd.
  • Options
    Can we not just ban him again and get on with life?
  • Options
    JsT wrote:
    Can we not just ban him again and get on with life?

Think he's on Probation or something. At the rate he's going, shouldn't take long.
  • Options
    luke88 wrote:

Who's not allowing who to be patriotic? I see plenty of St George's flags in windows and on cars in London.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    Exactly.

The thing is that a lot of football fans are rowdy, they seem to think that people walking down the street give a shit about how their team did. I was sitting by the Thames last night and could hear them fro the other side, they were yelling and drinking and swimming. Then there's the fights... In North Wales last year we had helicopters and riot police on standby for the England vs Wales match.

The problem is a few small people who spoil it for everybody else.

For the record, I'd rather ahve a quiet drink than have a bunch of pissed up noisy boys spoiling my time. Granted not everybody who weards an England shirt is like this, but a lot are.
  • Options
    I guess its an imagine thing, football shirts seem to have an aspect of hooliganism and violence with them. Some bald fat bloke in an England shirt started pushing me around at the pub yetserday. :|
  • Options
    Exactly.

The thing is that a lot of football fans are rowdy, they seem to think that people walking down the street give a shit about how their team did. I was sitting by the Thames last night and could hear them fro the other side, they were yelling and drinking and swimming. Then there's the fights... In North Wales last year we had helicopters and riot police on standby for the England vs Wales match.

The problem is a few small people who spoil it for everybody else.

For the record, I'd rather ahve a quiet drink than have a bunch of pissed up noisy boys spoiling my time. Granted not everybody who weards an England shirt is like this, but a lot are.

but why should i be punished, i weren't ranting on about football, and the pub was full of loud mouth twats anyway, i was just wearing my lucky shirt that i wore for the match earlier

assuming people who wear football shirts are all violent loud idiots is discrimination, im quite a passive fan

it's a pub for fucks sake, not a bar or anything, its for people to relax in and have a drink with friends, not a flashy bar or anything
  • Options
    JsT wrote:
    It's Luke going on his 'I masturbate over the BNP, I love Nick Griffin' drivel again.

Its common practise to ban football shirts to stop local fans rioting with each other and it works well in practise. Maybe this paticular branch of Wetherspoons is branding itself as a World Cup free zone or something like that?

the area i was visiting with my local friends was romford, the only nonwhite english works in the club toilets it seems :lol: so no threat of national tension
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Think he's on Probation or something. At the rate he's going, shouldn't take long.
    I haven't done anything wrong.
  • Options
    I just hate the way people stop us from being patriotic over our own country. Like flags being banned it just really annoys me and it does cause people to think again about the people.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    :lol: ?!?!?!

You are odd! I like you, can he be the board pet? And we like, feed him under the table?!

And well... our 'Spoons was showing the game yesterday, no idea if they banned shirts or not. I went to the Cinema instead, and got mighty high.

But anyway. I don't really care at the end of the day. It's only a shirt, and wearing a shirt is hardly patriotism in any way. It doesn't affect you - just wear a different one.

But, does seem a tad odd.

i know itys nothing to do people being allowed to be patriotic, its about stopping someone entering for what they're wearing, it wasnt offensive in anyway, it was just what i happened to be wearing

have people here noticed that places with specific dress codes tend to get more violent people in them as all you need to to get in is wear the right clothing - the pub i went after had people who like football, hate football, supported england, who support others and in one of dodgiest places in east london, and it was friendly there also
  • Options
    luke88 wrote:
    I just hate the way people stop us from being patriotic over our own country. Like flags being banned it just really annoys me and it does cause people to think again about the people.

Who exactly is stopping who being patriotic?
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    Who exactly is stopping who being patriotic?
    Those who find the flag offensive.
  • Options
    luke88 wrote:

Who are 'they'?
  • Options
    luke88 wrote:

Who are they? Who are they stopping being patriotic? In what ways?
  • Options
    Renzo wrote:
    Who are 'they'?
    councils for one.
  • Options
    luke88 wrote:
    councils for one.

Which ones? Specific examples....with sources.