Home› General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Official Metal Thread!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
This is where you can talk about New releases your favourite metal bands, New tours etc!

top 3 bands at moment are

1. Nile (alwasy has been!)
2. Annihilator
3. Sodom

Favourite songs at moment is Exodus - Toxic Waltz, i just cant get it out of my head!

Also Trvium are attempted to go thash metal and failing rather miserabley as ive heard a few of there new tracks. i dont like trivium at all and hope they dont ruin this awesome Genre of Thrash.

My Band AMENTI are Heavy Thrash/Death metal if anyone interested in having a listen http:www.myspace.com/amentiuk .

Were touring with HATESPHERE soon and got tons of dates up if anyone wants to check us out live.
The next gig i will be going is when TESTAMENT finally sort there dates out in JULY! messing around something rotten!

Anyone else wanna put there two penneth in? :impissed:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    1)Geordie
    2)Burzum
    3)ABSO
  • Options
    1) Strapping Young Lad
    2) Bal-Sagoth
    3) Slaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrr (new album out in August IIRC)
  • Options
    1. Children of Bodom
    2. Celtic Frost
    3. Thine Eyes Bleed
  • Options
    Meh been a bit out of the loop recently. That said I did quite enjoy Systems new album. That was cool. Not much else really. Got my iPod and that's all I really need. Have enough quality music on there to last a while.

Bring the noise.
  • Options
    will give this a bump, its worth it!

fave bands at the moment

1. Nile
    2. Exodus
    3. Biomechanical

Anyone go the Unholy Alliance? Slayer were spose be pretty boring!
  • Options
    New Motorhead album is fucking good.

Also new Slayer album is quality. Needless to say the new Maiden one is too.

I'm going to see Maiden in December! And you're not!

But I can't go to Dragonforce cos they're sold out :(
  • Options

Anyone go the Unholy Alliance? Slayer were spose be pretty boring!

I didn't go to the latest one but I went to the one last year (Slayer, Slipknot, Hatebreed and Mastodon). My hand was roughly 2 feet away from Tom and Kerry.....and I slapped hands with Chris Fehn from Slipknot. Have to say although I like Slayer, Slipknot put on a much better show and I prefer their music..also Slayer fans are generally very narrow minded and ignorant twats.
    Not really into the whole death metal scene anymore, I used to be, but I've always prefered Nu-Metal (shock, horror).
    My top 3 death/black metal bands used to be
    1.Dimmu Borgir
    2.Zyklon
    3.Emperor

However my favourite METAL bands are and have always been...

1. KoRn
    2.Disturbed
    3.Ill Nino
    4.Slipknot
    5.Papa Roach
    6.Mushroomhead
    7.Mudvayne
    8.Limp Bizkit
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote:
    However my favourite METAL bands are and have always been...

1. KoRn
    2.Disturbed
    3.Ill Nino
    4.Slipknot
    5.Papa Roach
    6.Mushroomhead
    7.Mudvayne
    8.Limp Bizkit

Dude, far from me wanting to rubbish someone's music taste, but you really need to listen to some proper metal. Most of that is that rap crap.
  • Options
    Ive started drifting away from metal these days, since i moved out and havent had MTV2 for over a year, all i got is radio 1 in work, and that is not good! :banghead:
    pill 'ed wrote:
    Have to say although I like Slayer, Slipknot put on a much better show and I prefer their music..also Slayer fans are generally very narrow minded and ignorant twats.

Slayer are my favourite! I went to the Unholy Alliance with Slayer, Slipknot, Hatebreed and Mastodon. I thought Slayer were brilliant and Slipknot were good. But overall i dont like Slipknot as they are more image than music, and it summs it up when you see 10 year olds wearing Slipknot hoodies when off to school.

Quite funny in the gig when they told the crowd to get down on the floor, so everyone did apart from me and my mates who stood there with our arms folded. i felt so mature.
  • Options
    Listen a lot to Maiden, Metallica, Tool and System. Don't know about NIN, if they are even classified as metal. I rather listen to alternative instead. :)
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    New Motorhead album is fucking good.

Also new Slayer album is quality. Needless to say the new Maiden one is too.

I'm going to see Maiden in December! And you're not!

But I can't go to Dragonforce cos they're sold out :(

I might see Maiden in december myself. Woot.

Motorhead album is fucking ace, haven't heard the new Slayer one, good to hear it's brill too.

Bad luck on Dragonforce. I know someone who is going to see them soon!
  • Options
    Dude, far from me wanting to rubbish someone's music taste, but you really need to listen to some proper metal. Most of that is that rap crap.

So many people say, but the only bands out of that list that feature ALOT of rapping are Limp Bizkit and Papa Roach. Korn for example created the genre known as Nu-Metal which combines Grunge, Metal and Hip Hop, so to be fair you can't just dismiss them as rap crap.
    I have always prefered Nu-Metal/Rap Metal.....trust me I've been through my stage of liking supposed 'real' metal, I've got all the Maiden albums, I was into Norwegian Black Metal, used to like Pantera, Black Sabbath, Slayer e.t.c I've just always preferred Nu-Metal/Rap Metal....this is partly because Metal isn't my only love....I love Hip Hop/Rap, Drum and Bass, Hardcore, Garage aswell and I find Nu-Metal is alot more interesting because it features hip hop basslines and drum beats combined with metal/frunge guitar riffs, screaming, singing, rapping e.t.c. I've gone off all the thrash/death metal stuff I used to love but I still like Nu-Metal and some other bands such as Iron Maiden.
  • Options
    Lol it's usually the opposite way round, starting of with nu-metal then progressing to heavey/trash/death. Ah well whatever floats your boat, I like rock music in general but these days I just listen to dance, more soothing to my ears at the moment.
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote:
    Lol it's usually the opposite way round, starting of with nu-metal then progressing to heavey/trash/death. Ah well whatever floats your boat, I like rock music in general but these days I just listen to dance, more soothing to my ears at the moment.

lol well it was like that, then it reversed.
    Started off liking Nu-Metal, progressed into Death/Thrash Metal for a couple of years, went off that and went back to Nu-Metal, aswell as Drum & Bass, Hardcore, Hip Hop, Reggae and other softer Rock.
  • Options
    Yup anything that sounds good to you then that's alright, hate cunts who put themselves into wee groups.

"I'm not gonna listen to that because it's uncreative and commercial"

"Fucking slayers with their long hair, how the fuck do they listen to that shite"

All cunts in my book.
  • Options
    Not really a big Slayer fan. Good American metal is difficult to find, but it's out there.
  • Options
    Fucking Hell!
    It took me half an year to spot this thread!
    I just came back from Opeth gig last night in London and it was awesome!
    Anyway, I have to put Opeth in my all-time Top 10 bands list.
    also: In Flames, Dark Tranquillity, Soilwork,The Haunted ... all from Sweden.
    Death (R.I.P.) & Morbid Angel - the God-Fathers of Death Metal and the new breed Darkest Hour, Devil-Driver,Trivium,Chimaira,All That Remains, God Forbid,Killswitch Engage...
    LoL, I've got much more than 10 favorite bands and I don't even mentioned my really favorite music - Thrash Metal and likes of Metallica, Slayer, Sepultura, Kreator, Anthrax, Megadeth,Testament, Annihilator, Rage & etc.

Actually, I'm practicing what I preach and if anyone is interested - Check this out!

http://media.putfile.com/Circles-Pre-Demo-Version
    :thumb:
  • Options
    Day40 wrote:
    Fucking Hell!
    I don't even mentioned my really favorite music - Thrash Metal and likes of Metallica, Slayer, Sepultura, Kreator, Anthrax, Megadeth,Testament, Annihilator, Rage & etc.

I Love You :love: hahaha

Thrash Til Death!

Also Try

Sodom
    Atrophy
    Exodus
    Forbidden
    Vio-lence
    Nuclear Assault
    OnSlaught
    Xentrix

Im into mostly death metal and thrash metal too. NILE is my favourite band and never get bored of hearing!
  • Options
    When I was into the whole thrash/death metal scene, I was really into all the Norwegian Black Metal stuff like Dimmu Borgir, Emperor, Zyklon, Satyricon, Gorgoroth and Burzum e.t.c. I also liked Children Of Bodom, Devildriver, Hatebreed, Slayer, Pantera, In Flames, Cradle Of Filth, Kreator, God Forbid, Chimaira and Sepultura.
    I don't not like any of this music anymore, I still drag out my old C.D's and blast them out occaisionally and love it, it's just not really my thing anymore.
    Still like Korn, Disturbed, Slipknot, Ill Nino, Papa Roach, Mushroomhead, Mudvayne, Limp Bizkit, Static X and Stone Sour though...although not really thrash lol.
  • Options
    Just got the latest ALL THAT REMAINS album - The Fall of Ideas and it fucking rules! I liked This Darkened Heart, but the new one is ways better!:thumb:
  • Options
    I got the New 'The Haunted' album today pretty swish aswell! have heard alot worse! really good production aswell!

Oh a quick plug our site is finally up www.enteramenti.com please take a moment to have a scan around and maybe sign up to the Forum if you want to be really cool! hehe
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote:
    So many people say, but the only bands out of that list that feature ALOT of rapping are Limp Bizkit and Papa Roach. Korn for example created the genre known as Nu-Metal which combines Grunge, Metal and Hip Hop, so to be fair you can't just dismiss them as rap crap.
    I have always prefered Nu-Metal/Rap Metal.....trust me I've been through my stage of liking supposed 'real' metal, I've got all the Maiden albums, I was into Norwegian Black Metal, used to like Pantera, Black Sabbath, Slayer e.t.c I've just always preferred Nu-Metal/Rap Metal....this is partly because Metal isn't my only love....I love Hip Hop/Rap, Drum and Bass, Hardcore, Garage aswell and I find Nu-Metal is alot more interesting because it features hip hop basslines and drum beats combined with metal/frunge guitar riffs, screaming, singing, rapping e.t.c. I've gone off all the thrash/death metal stuff I used to love but I still like Nu-Metal and some other bands such as Iron Maiden.
    I've always been into folk music so my taste in metal edges towards bands like Turisas and Ensiferum.
    Also like Dragonforce, Blind Guardian and Manowar.
  • Options
    Ensiferum.

they rock :D you should try wintersun too, its the ex ensiferum vocalists new(ish) band.

As for metal... listening to a bit of black dahlia murder and have just recently heard of bring me the horizon, theyre very decent!

not really into the unmelodic stuff like nile and meshuggah but the melodic thrash like the haunted is cool
  • Options
    Talking about melodic Thrash...
    You should check Hatesphere, they are brilliant example of melody,mayhem and blast brought together.

p.s. I'm just listening to their 2002 Bloodred Hatred album.:thumb:
  • Options
    Hatesphere are sweet saw them with french legends Gojira, were playing with hatespheres good friends and fellow Countrymen Illdisposed through the UK in february. check them out www.illdisposed.dk www.myspace.com/illdisposed
  • Options
    I saw the both bands when they played The Underworld in London.
    Ill-disposed are cool, but not really in the same genre.
    Try some Dew-Scented. Awesome!
  • Options
    Got the Himsa- Hail Horror album on just now. Fucking quality.

I was listening to Decapitated on my iPod on the way back from work. Fuck me, I love that band.
  • Options
    I was listening to Decapitated on my iPod on the way back from work. Fuck me, I love that band.

These are bunch of wunderkids! I have got all their albums and I have seen them live 3-4 times in London. If I'm not wrong they recorded their first album while they still were school boys.

Attachment not found.

London , The Garage 2002
  • Options
    yeh a fooking love decapitated also. absolutely amazing, they wrote Winds Of Creation when Vitek was around 14, rediculous really.
    my fave album is The Negation Three dimensional defect WOW
  • Options
    1 - Dragonforce
    2 - Bullet FMV
    3 - Satyricon.