Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

flt licence

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
has anyone got their fork lift truck licence? ive just looked on the net but it doesn't help much. im looking for job and there seems to be a lot of FLT vacancies.

ive worked night shifts in a warehouse before, where i used low level order pickers. ive had a full UK drivers licence for 3 years, and ive had experience using a bobcat.

im wondering if it worth getting my licence. do you think a company would pay for me to learn?

is there anything i should know before i go up this road?

thanks

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I don't know much about it, but I do know that the company I work for (manufacturing company making carbon fibre) pays for our guys to do either the training or the refresher courses if FLT driving is part of their job.

You may find someone willing to pay for it if it's part of your job, but not if it's your entire job, if you see what I mean. If a company have got an vacancy for a FLT driver, obviously they want someone who's already qualified, experienced and able. If you're looking for a solely FLT driving job, I'd say you'd have to pay for it yourself before you would get through the recruitment process.