Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

whos pissed off with the world cup already?

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
surely its not just me.
All those fucking stupid flags, and every other song on the radio is a stupid football song sounding like some retarded sun reading 45 year old chavs dads have been let loose in a recording studio.
If they lose soon will it all stop?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It's only once every 4 years, and you knew it would be like this. :p
    Is there some football thingy on?

On a serious note, I asked that a few weeks back, and haven't lived it down yet.
    i'm not pissed off with it i like watching big football matches but i thought todays match was a bit of a let down after all the hype (even though we won).
    No I'm not pissed off, in fact glad it's on. Like it or lump it is what I say.
    Corrie
    Eastenders
    Emmerdale
    Hollyoaks (fit birds excluded)
    The X Factor
    Despersate Housewives
    Sex and the City
    The Chick Flicks you make us watch

Vs.

The World Cup
    European Championships
    Champions League.

We're outnumbered, so stop moaning and let us have our moment. Thank you.
    I'm only enjoying it because of being Costa Rica's supporter and the sweepstake thing on here, with the avs and stuff. If it wasn't for that I'd be exactly the same, I'd probably make a 'Football sucks' tshirt or something.

Other people like it though and it keeps them happy :)

ETA: GO COSTA RICA, GO! :yippe:
    Corrie
    Eastenders
    Emmerdale
    Hollyoaks (fit birds excluded)
    The X Factor
    Despersate Housewives
    Sex and the City
    The Chick Flicks you make us watch

Vs.

The World Cup
    European Championships
    Champions League.

We're outnumbered, so stop moaning and let us have our moment. Thank you.

you missed neighbours!
    you missed neighbours!
    :eek: Noo!
    you missed neighbours!

And the other 95% of the T.V. program schedule.
    you missed neighbours!

Very good point, as is Turloughs.
    surely its not just me.
    All those fucking stupid flags, and every other song on the radio is a stupid football song sounding like some retarded sun reading 45 year old chavs dads have been let loose in a recording studio.
    If they lose soon will it all stop?

You could always move here. Most folks around here couldn't care less about soccer. Course this time of year it really is the only sport worth watching.
    Even with everyones flags on here, it was only about 2 days ago I actually figured out what was going on. I was browsing the comics in the newspaper and saw something on it. They had all the countries and their official jersy's and corrosponding opposites. Some country was black and brown. hehe.

Besides, after last year, baseball is where its at around my place. Even at work, the walls are plastered with banners/flags/pictures. Then theres a tiny corner for the cubs fans. We throw paperclips and hole punchers at them.
    my_name wrote:
    Even with everyones flags on here, it was only about 2 days ago I actually figured out what was going on. I was browsing the comics in the newspaper and saw something on it. They had all the countries and their official jersy's and corrosponding opposites. Some country was black and brown. hehe.
    I only found out because my girlfriend is into it and was watching the reviews on ESPN when I came over the other night. I think she's backing Germany or Italy... fascist.
    no you're not the only one, i just get sick of hearing about it all the time and listening to drunken blokes shouting 'england' up the steets at night
    It'll be over soon though.
    I don't mind it i'm actually really getting into it this time. It's only a it of fun and only happens every four years!
    I only found out because my girlfriend is into it and was watching the reviews on ESPN when I came over the other night. I think she's backing Germany or Italy... fascist.

The jump ropeing championships were on ESPN not long ago, did ya tune in? :razz:
    When ever I hear about the World Cup I always think of that song by The Business
    business_saturdays_heroes-tn.jpg
    "England 5, Germany 1......" Classic stuff.

Course, from what I understand, a fooball is thrown!
    my_name wrote:
    The jump ropeing championships were on ESPN not long ago, did ya tune in? :razz:
    nah, don't watch soccer or jump ropeing. I only watch real sports like football! :p
    nah, don't watch soccer or jump ropeing. I only watch real sports like football! :p

Go Packers!!

Football season is when people throw stuff at me :p
    my_name wrote:
    Go Packers!!

Football season is when people throw stuff at me :p
    :lol: I think we've had this conversatino before, I happen to be a Vikings fan!

anyhow, I'll catch yall later. Gotta meet the relatives for lunch.
    :lol: I think we've had this conversatino before, I happen to be a Vikings fan!

anyhow, I'll catch yall later. Gotta meet the relatives for lunch.

I remember now :p

Have a good lunch.

basatard :p
    I am sick of seeing those flags everywhere and there being f all on the other channels when it's on. Thats with any football thats on though not just this.
    GUTCD30.jpg
    its not even about telly - we dont have one!
    still cant seem to get away from it though. Radio goes on about it every 30 seconds. Playlist is consisting of that retarded new song "come on england, were gonna score a goal in a minute" (or whatever its called) Vindaloo, Three Lions, World in Motion, and a version of "come on Eileen" which theyve changed to "come on England" :rolleyes:
    Re:

As much as I want England to win I too am very tired of the constant ramming of the world cup down our throats. I delibretly avoid companys who claim to be "the official partners of the world cup"

Anyway, I know we have a good side, but I don't think their winners. So we are all in for a massive anti-climax.
    I'm alright, I don't live in England so I don't have to deal with the same level of flag waving. Up here there's flags and shirts of pretty much every country, better atmosphere IMO.

To be honest, it is a tad easy to get melodramatic about the TV coverage - there's never any two games on any two different channels at a time, and it's not Nazi germany - you don't have to watch any of it.
    God yes, can someone please pay for me to go too Ireland for the next month so I dont have to pay attention to it! I cant stand the way the media sonstanly goes on about it and how we are going to win this tournemnt when we so wont. Thank something for exams (miss one week of the group stages through revision) then I'm having a minor operation and will miss the next week of the tournement hahaha. I just want engerland to kicked out asap.
    Im loving it! :D
    GoodFella wrote:
    Im loving it! :D

:yes:
    I really enjoy getting together with all your mates and going to the pub / someones house to watch the games!