Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Sony PSP

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Bought myself the new white version. Lovely piece of kit very happy i delayed in buying one but equally happy i now have one. However i'm confused about something. I noticed it has an IR port on top of it but the user manual doesnt refer to it, only making a slight note that it exists. Tried googling it but drew a blank so does anyone know why the PSP has an IR port and what it's ment to be used for. Obviously i know what it would normally be used for but as i cannot find a mention of why it exists on the psp i'm rather confused.

I havent even found any way of activating the IR from within the PSP itself !

?

Comments

• Options
    why would it need ir when it has wiFi?
  • Options
    Why do mobile phones have IR ? It's a portable device so has all it needs to transfer files, which is what i imagined the IR's purpose would be for, if you could use it in the first place. i would imagine. I just wondered why they bothered putting the IR port on their if their isnt any use for it. Unless it's hidden and needs activated their is no software on the PSP itself to be able to use the IR.
  • Options
    EDN1 wrote:
    Bought myself the new white version. Lovely piece of kit very happy i delayed in buying one but equally happy i now have one. However i'm confused about something. I noticed it has an IR port on top of it but the user manual doesnt refer to it, only making a slight note that it exists. Tried googling it but drew a blank so does anyone know why the PSP has an IR port and what it's ment to be used for. Obviously i know what it would normally be used for but as i cannot find a mention of why it exists on the psp i'm rather confused.

I havent even found any way of activating the IR from within the PSP itself !

?

judt bought myself one of these, agree lovely piece of kit indeed , very impressed wanted to know how you can play old snes and megadrive classics on it as i've heard you can do

heard something that you have to downgrade the firmware to version 1.5 but the only way you can do this is if you have the GTA game and use something called the game save exploit jsut wondering if this was true as i really want a shot of mario kart :(
  • Options
    judt bought myself one of these, agree lovely piece of kit indeed , very impressed wanted to know how you can play old snes and megadrive classics on it as i've heard you can do

heard something that you have to downgrade the firmware to version 1.5 but the only way you can do this is if you have the GTA game and use something called the game save exploit jsut wondering if this was true as i really want a shot of mario kart :(

i find it highly amusing that the only decent games to play on the psp are emulated from old consoles.

quite telling.