Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

AUT strike is over

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
To those who are interested, the AUT strike is over. Still not a great deal for lecturers and uni staff, but it's at least a step in the right direction. To the students among us (and I know it might be difficult to do) but please don't lambast the lecturers who took part in these strikes. I know from personal dealings with lecturers that none took part in them lightly, and they know full well the ramifications of such actions, but sometimes you are left with no choice :( Glad it's all over now though, and people can start graduating!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/5052730.stm
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Glad its over.

I must say I have supported the lecturers during these strikes, glad they are getting back to marking now though :)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    *Yay*
    Thank feck! I just want my results...
    a lot of the lecturers in durham were still marking the work, as they actually had nothing better to do, but were just refusing to return the marks, so the disruption around this way, wont have been too bad in the grand scheme of things
    MrG wrote:
    a lot of the lecturers in durham were still marking the work, as they actually had nothing better to do, but were just refusing to return the marks, so the disruption around this way, wont have been too bad in the grand scheme of things

Yeah, I think that was the deal in Edinburgh too. But they were a bit slow about it. And they still haven't finished 4th year marking. Meaning 1st years won't know for aaages.
    yeah, as far as i know all work was actually marked at our uni, they were just witholding the marks. so hopefully it wont be too long until we can find out.
    Good news. Our work was marked and they were just going to withold the results (which come out on Monday for us), so all should come out on time.
    My mates got their results today (the ones at my uni on different courses) but for my course the strike has put things back a month so I won't know for a while longer...