Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

RESPECT: Do not go to the police over terrorism (allow the bombers to win)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/5054600.stm

Absolutely rediculous. They call them selbes RESPECT? What?

Comments

• Options
    Disgusting but unsurprising. Yvonne Ridley glorifies terrorism; she's a passionate supporter of Palestinian terrorists as well as terrorism in Iraq. Interesting thing is Ridley was too unhinged for Al-Jazeera, they sacked her - but within the 'respect' party she's still a senior and authoritative figure... :rolleyes:

Following her kidnap by the Taliban I was like everybody relieved at her release. Since she has converted to the mindset of her captors (in a classic case of Stockholm syndrome some would say) however I do rather wish she had stayed in Afghanistan instead of bringing her illiberal Islamofascist values to a civilised democracy.
  • Options
    So following our government's foreign policy with respect to terrorism, we should send a Tomahawk her way, right?
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    migpilot wrote:
    So following our government's foreign policy with respect to terrorism, we should send a Tomahawk her way, right?

Yeah, let's do it! But as it is a Tomohawk... it'll probably find hte nearest school to obliterate instead.

Well... surley we can arrest this woman with our new anti-terrorism laws... eh?
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Yeah, let's do it! But as it is a Tomohawk... it'll probably find hte nearest school to obliterate instead.

Well... surley we can arrest this woman with our new anti-terrorism laws... eh?

Shes not that funny brown colour so shes probably alright.
  • Options
    Disgusting
    unsurprising
    glorifies
    passionate
    illiberal
    Islamofascist
    civilised democracy.

Looks like SG has a rival. :p

Yeh she's a silly bitch, what is she playing at?
  • Options
    stupid really, these police tactics annoy me, and im no muslim, you don't boycott the met as it isn't the met thats the problem, it's their leadership under the 2 blairs and the home office :s

if you don't like what the police is doing, criticise their methods for its logic and poor planning etc not its poor treatment of 1 group :s
  • Options
    i think its called stockholm syndrone.
    :crazyeyes
  • Options
    Yvonne Ridley is weird.
  • Options
    i think its called stockholm syndrone.
    :crazyeyes

Yeah, but who`s suffering from it ? ;)
  • Options
    the woman is selfrighteous.

it is understandable that these days, terrorist threats would come from the muslim community, in the same way that the irish would be the focus when IRA was active.

the police,however, are known to have racist and islamophobic groups within. i think such issues are usually played down by police leaders to protect their image, authority and morality of the non-racist police, but at least exist if not rampant.

considering the arrest of the two bangladeshi bros, they will be released by saturday. i htink the fact that the police had to repeatedly ask for extensiion to detain the,l plus the refusal of the judge to extend the detention only up to saturday instead of wednesday as requested, suiggest that the police does not have sufficient evidence to prosecute the two.

if there were no devices in the house, what would one of the boys have been doing to get shot in the shoulder, without even a warning shot. it wasnt like the boy had a bomb belt and trigger at hand when the police confronted them. was the police man who made the shot threatend? perhaps the boydid try to resist but how? but how? was the boy waving a knife shouting allah is great? if sth like it, so why hadnt the police revealed it because the lack of justification for shooting is causing anger and anxiety in the muslim community.

the police gave the euphemism of "specific evidence". what kind specific evidence? perhaps they have sattelite photos showing hidden chemical factories and weapons of mass distractions!
  • Options
    I said this in another thread, but I'll say it again.

Two wrongs do not make a right.
  • Options
    migpilot wrote:
    I said this in another thread, but I'll say it again.

Two wrongs do not make a right.

perhaps not. there is Dave Cameron and George Osborne.
  • Options
    At least the BNP don't promote violence. This party is!

I'd say they're worse than the BNP!
  • Options
    luke88 wrote:

Of course the BNP dont they're members just beat up asians. And Nick Griffin incites racial hatred. Of course you'd always sympathise with the BNP as they dont like immigrants.
  • Options
    Renzo wrote:
    Of course the BNP dont they're members just beat up asians. And Nick Griffin incites racial hatred. Of course you'd always sympathise with the BNP as they dont like immigrants.
    lol where's your proof for that lie?
  • Options
    luke88 wrote:
    lol where's your proof for that lie?

Remember that undercover documentary on the BBC awhile back? I will see if i can dig up a source tomorrow as im signing off for the day.
  • Options
    luke88 wrote:

Are you completely insane or have you just swallowed 32 LSD tablets?
  • Options
    Renzo wrote:
    Remember that undercover documentary on the BBC awhile back? I will see if i can dig up a source tomorrow as im signing off for the day.
    Go ahead and do it now please.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    Are you completely insane or have you just swallowed 32 LSD tablets?
    Nope, I'm completely normal and soba.
  • Options
    luke88 wrote:
    Go ahead and do it now please.

Fuck off im going to an exam which is a bit more pressing.
  • Options
    Renzo wrote:
    Fuck off im going to an exam which is a bit more pressing.
    No need to swear.

Good luck.
  • Options
    Looks like not everyone in Respect, if anyone else, agress with Yvonne Ridley's views

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/5062264.stm

Report on the arrests following the BNP film

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/west_yorkshire/3909409.stm

Info from the orignial documentary

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3894529.stm
  • Options
    luke88 wrote:
    Nope, I'm completely normal and soba.
    Well in that case I recommend you clue yourself up a bit with the history and current affairs of Great Britain.

Because unless you have lived in another country all these years (or more likely, another planet altogether) I can't possibly imagine how you could make such absurd claims.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    Well in that case I recommend you clue yourself up a bit with the history and current affairs of Great Britain.

Because unless you have lived in another country all these years (or more likely, another planet altogether) I can't possibly imagine how you could make such absurd claims.
    It goes with ideology doesn't it. I can't ever imagine living under the respects manifesto I'd go to live in Spain - which i will be doing one day.
  • Options
    I'm not defending Respect at all. But you are suggesting that the BNP doesn't promote violence, and that Respect is worse than the BNP. None of which is true, by a long mile.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    I'm not defending Respect at all. But you are suggesting that the BNP doesn't promote violence, and that Respect is worse than the BNP. None of which is true, by a long mile.
    OK BNP is violent I agree with that.

But if I had to choose, I'm sorry but I'd choose the BNP.
  • Options
    Better not let them know you are gay mate- otherwise you might observe that you wouldn't be exactly better off under them.
  • Options
    Well well, now one understands the mindset behind such an intractable deference to whatever sensationalistic media claims are made concerning politics and world affairs. A BNP advocate, of course!
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    Better not let them know you are gay mate- otherwise you might observe that you wouldn't be exactly better off under them.
    I know they're homophobic but so are RESPECT.
  • Options
    Well well, now one understands the mindset behind such an intractable deference to whatever sensationalistic media claims are made concerning politics and world affairs. A BNP advocate, of course!
    hardly, he's been asked to choose between two reprehensible political groups.