Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Water

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
You know how we're supposed to drink x amount of water a day? Well, I was wondering (and mum is now too, after I asked her and she didn't know), if you put like orange squash or Ribena in said water, does it still count? Or does it have to be ACTUAL water and nothing else? Cause I wouldn't be able to drink the recommended amount if it was just water with nothing. I like TASTE innit.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well yes it does still count, as you would only be putting 10-20% squash in, and the squash probably contains water anyway...

People may drink fizzy drinks all day but it still contains water of course... just not very healthy!
    I've seen this stuff to add to your water... I dont' know if you have the brand, its the people that do the lemonaid and other drinks... crystal farms, crystal lake, crystal something...

Anyways, its just a tube of stuff you put in a bottle of water to give it taste, but you still get all the benifits of water and not all the sugars and additives of other drinks.

Just a suggestion :)
    \
    i always wandered that too :chin:

i hardly ever drink just plain water!! most of the time i just have flavoured fizzy water or orange squash :yes:

good to know it still counts!
    It can be anything, squash, fruit juice, herbal tea etc.
    Tea and coffee and cola dont count though as they are diuretics, which means they make you pee more liquid out than you actually absorb from the drink.
    It can be anything, squash, fruit juice, herbal tea etc.
    Tea and coffee and cola dont count though as they are diuretics, which means they make you pee more liquid out than you actually absorb from the drink.
    Oooooh that's good then :D
    water from your food can also count. say if you have something like soup, or watery fruit.

which is a good job, cause i'm awful at drinking enough, and if you had to have 8 glasses a day in addition to everything else, then i'd be dead by now :/
    Aww, I love drinking water. I drink fucking LOADS. It makes me feel a bit better about the fact that I eat complete rubbish some days.
    Franki wrote:
    You know how we're supposed to drink x amount of water a day?

its 8 glasses a day / 2L
    yes it does count if you add juice to it
    ice cold water :yum:
    otter wrote:
    its 8 glasses a day / 2L
    yes it does count if you add juice to it
    ice cold water :yum:

i usually drink more than that a day of pure water, i'm addicted to it especially at work, not had much today though needed some sugar for energy
    Hahaha. I'm glad I read this.

I always feel bad that I don't drink 2 litres of actual water!
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I normally get through the two litres at work easy!
    I probably drink pints of the stuff...
    i can't drink that much - it fills me up and makes me feel bloated if i drink alot
    Ballerina wrote:
    i can't drink that much - it fills me up and makes me feel bloated if i drink alot
    it does if youre not used to drinking it, or if you drink it in too large a quantity in one go, but your body gets used to it and after a few days shouldnt make you as bloated.
    it does if youre not used to drinking it, or if you drink it in too large a quantity in one go, but your body gets used to it and after a few days shouldnt make you as bloated.
    probably, i do drink it but probably not enough - i can't stand the feeling of being full and stuff swishing around in my stomach, it makes me feel sick!
    I am really trying to drink this much water but i dont really like the taste either so i tend to buy those flavoured waters. also if i do drink that much water in a day, i end up having to go to the toilet like 10 million times a day and during the night too which is really annoying. i read that after a while your body gets used to it and you dont need to pee all the time - anyone know if thats true?
    You might find this article helpful :)