Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Ever had that feeling.....

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
Doesnt necessarily have to occur when you are in your first job, perhaps even a job you have just been in for a long time, and you dont have to even be thinking of leaving or anything, but............

Who here does, or has in the past, thought about how lost they might be, the friends they would lose, the whole knowing your current job (specific skills), or just the general day to day timetable you have, within your current job.

If you quit or were fired, or made redundant, what would you do, where would you go, who would you turn to, how would you cope, for whatever reason it might be that no longer worked in your current job. have you been there long, do you or did you intend to stay there for the forseable future.

I was going to do this thread when i got in from drinking last night, but was a little bit too drunk.

I see blah has posted something along the same lines yesterday afternooon, and that relates to pretty much what im talking about here, cept mine is about work.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i know what you mean.

i'm looking to leave my job at the moment, and it scares me shitless. i love the people i work with, and i love the atmosphere, and just knowing everyone, and what'll happen every day. it just feels so safe.

i need to leave, really, cause i've been there a year and 9 months and i should really be on more money and in a more senior position, but it's going to break my heart to go :/
  • Options
    I'm like that.

But then I was like that with my last job. I wasn't really arsed about the job itself, but it was great bunch of people who I think thought I was an OK boy and I probably didn't leave because I'd have missed the day to day banter and stuff.

Thought I wouldn't get as lucky twice, but my new job (in a totally new place where I didn't know a soul beforehand) is probably just as good in terms of having a laugh with people, but I do still miss the people from my last job.

It's good to know I aint the only one.
  • Options
    I think I'd be a little gutted as I couldnt envisage another job where they would let me piss about so much and have such a nice group of people to work with. The job itself can be soul destroying but as I said before, Its the people that I go in for :)
  • Options
    Char_Baby wrote:
    I think I'd be a little gutted as I couldnt envisage another job where they would let me piss about so much and have such a nice group of people to work with. The job itself can be soul destroying but as I said before, Its the people that I go in for :)

im pretty much like that, my job isnt soul destroying for me, as i dont think i had a soul before i started, but i can see what people mean
  • Options
    I had this, I was in a job for 4 years loved everyone who I worked with and everyone loved me! it was such a comfortable job and was very well paid, through an act of stupidness of my part I was summarily dismissed. Since then I have been a bit of a lone ranger going from job to job and generally being unhappy in my career, however Im in a job now since feb and have thought about leaving and changing career, however I am now really enjoying it and making some great friends, point is leaving a job wether its by choice or not is not necessarily a bad thing.
    every cloud has a silver lining, or so the saying goes.
  • Options
    I absolutely love everyone i work with, but i can still see myself leaving shortly.
    Theres quite a big divide for me between work friends and my proper friends. i dont like to mix my work and social life too much as i think you lose that line in reality. I tend to find when out with work mates, people seem to talk about work and stuff and that does my nut in!

ive done jobs in the past where ive made friends for life, but when the time comes to move on you just have to do it, if you have a strong friendship, you'll still be friends.

I wouldnt miss doing the actual job as i like to learn new skills etc...and dont like monotony.