Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Anyone regretted waiting?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
People often say that they regret losing their virginity when they did, and not waiting 'til they were with someone special. But my question is, is there anyone who regretted waiting as long as they did? Did anyone do it, then wonder what the big deal was, and why they'd bothered waiting for someone special, when "after all, it's only sex?"

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Not me, I was pretty young when I lost it.
    i waited till i was 17 or 18, cant even remember

Dont regret waiting, but regret doing it with that person and for the wrong reasons
    i don;t
    I was 17 and I dont regret waiting, but then again, I didnt really have any other choice but to wait
    :p
    17 aswell dont regret doing it at that age, kinda glad that it wasnt 14 or anything but at times i regret the person who it was with.
    I regret waiting, should have just went for it with my first boyfriend when I was 16 and in love. We were both a bit frigidy at that stage which is why we didn't go very far sex wise.
    I didnt have sex until i was at university and i do actually regret waiting because i could have had sex when i was younger in the 6th form with a couple Ex's from then.

When i got to uni, met someone and had sex and then later they turned out to be not so special to me, i remember thinking, it was pointless waiting so long.
    I lost it when i was 15 and don't regret it it was the right time for me, maybe i would have preferred it to be who i am with now as i'm on love but i have no regrets at all. He was a decent guy etc.
    I was 18 when I lost mine. And I dont' regret waiting, and I don't regret the person I was with at the time :)
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    I was 17, and was happy with who I lost it to, there were moments before where I had nearly lost it many years before, but I am glad I didnt, and waited for someone who truly meant something.
    depends how long you call waiting?

i was 19 and a bit when i lost mine but i didn't really wait if that makes sense..it just happened.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    I was 14 and have never regretted losing it early. Looking back I think I did the right thing, I think I'd would have regretted it more by waiting.
    Weekender Offender 
    i was 16, i knew i was going to wait till it was right and i don't regret it
    I was 15 and it wasn't with anyone special but I don't regret it, I just wanted to get it over with. Even now i've not met anyone thats made me wish i had waited a bit longer, so i'm glad i did it when i did!
    I waited until I was 19 for sex... no regrets.
    nah - don't regret waiting - i only regret not meeting my partner a bit sooner. i know that sounds a bit twee and weird, but do wish we'd met about 5 years ago.
    I don't regret waiting.
    I think if you build sex up to be something very important you're more likely to regret it whether you wait or not. First time sex is often not very good, I've always thought it better to get it out of the way so that you can start having some some excellent sex.

Sex is fun and there's no better time to have casual sex then when you're young.
    Weekender Offender 
    Skive wrote:
    . First time sex is often not very good, I've always thought it better to get it out of the way so that you can start having some some excellent sex.

yeh my first time was a bit rubbish so i was glad to get it out of the way with someone who didn't really matter and then after that well, it just gets better. :thumb:
    Anyone who actually does regret waiting is like regretting winning the lottery. There's no "downside". You'll have more experience than someone like me whos image of a vagina is a 2D shot of a Playboy bunny's trap.

Take what you can get because it's not guaranteed.
    I regret waiting. I couldn't be happier about the person I did lose it to but I do feel like I missed out on 6 years of healthy growing up normal life experience sex
    I'm still waiting, and not regreting it. For me sex is definitely more than just sex it means more.
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    I'm still waiting, and not regreting it. For me sex is definitely more than just sex it means more.

That's because as a member of the squad you've built it up to be more than a fun physical act. infact for you, not waiting means living in sin.

Each to their own though! :thumb:
    Weekender Offender 
    I didn't wait so i don't regret anything.
    Skive wrote:
    That's because as a member of the squad you've built it up to be more than a fun physical act. infact for you, not waiting means living in sin.

I live in sin whether I wait or not.

And if you ask kermit, who is not, as you put it, a member of the squad, he'll agree that sex with GWST is probably a lot more fun that just sex because it's with GWST.
    Aww sex is just sex.

I pity people that wait ages for the "right" person.

Just get fucked and be done with it :thumb:
    First shag was like 99% of my other shags, it wasn't making love - it was just a shag.

Not really one for having your first time special with scented candles and red rose petals scattered over the bedsheets.
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    And if you ask kermit, who is not, as you put it, a member of the squad, he'll agree that sex with GWST is probably a lot more fun that just sex because it's with GWST.

It doesn't mean that sex with somebody you don't love can't be great too.

If you've never done it how can you be so sure? Are you not tempted to find out? I'll help you out if you like! :p
    Weekender Offender 
    i wait ing til wedesda y :banghead:

was 19 virgin too
    Bri-namite wrote:
    Not really one for having your first time special with scented candles and red rose petals scattered over the bedsheets.
    Followed by an hour (okay 15 minutes) of the most awkward, nerve-racking, fumbling experiences of your life. :p