Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

sunburnt

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
been out in the sun most of this afternoon, and despite lathering on the suncream (factor 40!!) im still very sunburnt. seems like i missed out on a few areas or just didnt put enough on!!

i dont have any 'aftersun' cream stuff to put on myself - so what can i use as an alternative? its getting all sore and itchy :( i suppose i COULD go down to the nearest chemist and get some.. but i have no money AND i think it shuts at 4!

but anyway - hows the weather been for all you guys scattered around the country? :)
for the last week over here its been absolutely gooorgeous!! today being the hottest day by far though!!
if its sunny for you too, hope youre making the most of it and not stuck indoors! (and not being a stupid ass like me and getting burnt!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Do you have any aloe vera gel?
    just any unscented moisturiser will do.
    Thats all aftersun is anyway.
    I have no idea what else you could use to be honest!

The weather here has been boiling.. clear clue skys, and I have stuck in a hot office with no air con! :grump:
    Very hot here too but if you are in cardiff we aren't far away.
    Put factor 20 something on and have been fine. Did you keep reapplying it?
    No help though about stuff to put on it sorry.
    Put whatever you use (body lotion or whatever) in the fridge before you use it to make it all cool :yes:
    yeh all aftersun is is just moisturiser anyway so whatever you normally use.

also i read in the newspaper the other day that cutting a potato in half and then rubbing it on the burn is the best way to get the red to turn to tan and stop hurting however iv never tried it myself
    okie doke, will just put normal moisturiser on it then!! unfortunately i dont have any potatoes in the house, otherwise i would have used that method!! ;)
    thanks people :)

did not realise aftersun, was basically just moisturiser! should have known i guess!
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Yoghurt. Believe it or not, it helps.
    Aola vera gel or camomile (I dont think I've spelt it right!) are both good. Keep it covered if possible til it peels and keep it very well moisturiserised. The weather is lovely here on the south coast! Pity I have to stay in all weekend and revise. :crying: