Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

14 years in jail for possessing 10 joints' worth of pot

Drug users caught with as few as five ecstasy tablets or five grams of cannabis - enough for about 10 joints - will be prosecuted as dealers under regulations drawn up by the Home Office, the Guardian has learned. The plan to slash the limit for cannabis possession for personal use would mean that anyone found with more could face a prison sentence of up to 14 years.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/drugs/Story/0,,1791915,00.html

Are these people complete and total cunts?

:rolleyes: :mad: :banghead:
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    There is a thread about in the drugs board... It's mad tho...
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    Cannabis=14 years in Prison (issue of personal privacy invasion)

Premeditated War of Aggression and the slughter of tens of thousands of Innocents = political advancement and obscene public speaking fees.

I'd say the agenda for incremental fascist subjugation of our Western societies is progressing quite nicely.
  • Options
    This is a drugs thread Caln, stop making it about war in iraq of America empire building when this isnt even about america. Eventually attempting to turn every thread into a anti-america thread will lead to you getting a klintock at you.
  • Options
    This letter in the Guardian this morning sums it up perfectly for me (emphasis is mine):
    Once again this government displays its grotesquely illiberal instincts. The five grams proposal for cannabis is so utterly absurd, it is obviously a piece of New Labour spin designed to make the retreat to one ounce appear a reasonable compromise. But even this is outrageous, the vast majority of people in possession of an ounce of dope are not dealers. The fundamental point, though, is that the right to intoxication is as real as the right to climb mountains - an activity which kills a far higher proportion of practitioners than recreational drug use. It is no business of the state to stop people doing things that hurt only themselves, though it is its business to advise of the dangers.

Prohibition of hard drugs will only make the problem worse, as the success of the Swiss policy of tolerance combined with the message that they are for losers has shown. Cannabis, by contrast, is our least dangerous intoxicant and this government's attack on it smells of a desperate attempt to divert middle England's gaze away from New Labour's internal civil war, domestic incompetence and foreign policy disasters.
  • Options
    Try comprehending comparative principle, subject and do refrain from making threats as to my status on this board. Thanks.

The point being that those who commit monstrous crimes against humanity now go from strength to strength whilst the average citizen is threatened with near life imprisonment for the most private and socially non-victimising of practices.

I would have hoped you could fathom that much.
  • Options
    Try comprehending comparative principle, subject and do refrain from making threats as to my status on this board. Thanks.

The point being that those who commit monstrous crimes against humanity now go from strength to strength whilst the average citizen is threatened with near life imprisonment for the most private and socially non-victimising of practices.

I would have hoped you could fathom that much.
    yes yes. thats how the world works boy. gods and claws. apparently youre a wing(er).
  • Options
    Yes I've lived long enough to realise that, boy. :yeees:

However, since the inauguration of the new "paradigm"-era of the "War on Terror" what we see (particularly so on this matter) is an escalation of repression ill-befitting the claimed crime.
    apparently youre a wing(er).

Must be some local slang term I am not familiar with, sorry.
  • Options
    ok sure. but such crime and its front image if you may (eg the war on terror, war on communism) will always exist. one ruling elite after another. dont you think that this is the nature of society? and if so, then perhaps theres no way of stopping it or to have an alternative.

anyway, perhaps this isnt the thread to discuss this
  • Options
    It's a scare tactic, such a prison sentence will never be handed out unless the person caught has well over a kilo of cannabis. A heafty fine on the other hand quite possibly would be handed down for lesser amounts. Still reactionary shite that I hate.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Yeah well.

I am not gonna let this ruin Tomorow when I have a smoke. Fuck em!
  • Options
    Yes Clandestine i am smart enough to grasp your simplistic sound bite comparisons you make every time you post now.

My point is, and as everyone could see apart from you, that if you continually highjack threads in the same way Klintock did, not to mention having nothing to say except insults to anyone who points out your lack of following the threads or arguments or challenges your assertions in anyway shape or form at all, then you will undoubtedley force the hands of the moderators.

Examples are every response you make to Disillusioned, as you dont debate you just insult and now on here, as you responded to me int he way you did. Very poor.
  • Options
    Seems youre turning into a total prat again, subject. And here I thought we had moved past such friction.

Snide comments about hijacking threads when such was not in fact the case only demonstrate that you did not in fact grasp the comparative principle I was pointing out, since it was perfectly in line with the notion of unbalanced application of justice highlighted by the original post.
    Examples are every response you make to Disillusioned, as you dont debate you just insult and now on here, as you responded to me int he way you did. Very poor.

I suggest that you concern yourself with your own affairs and do not wade into histories between other posters like Dis and I which significantly predate your arrival here. I return insults for insults, as I have essentially done to your initiated derision above. Stop to consider your own poor showing before presuming to lecture me or anyone else here.

And also do not presume to pontificate on what "others" may think, since noone elected you their spokesman. Thanks.
  • Options
    I never said any one did. But evidence and facts are there to show, you start the friction with other and the arguments and are the one who reverts to childish baiting and sometimes name calling first.

I understood your point, but it was a wasted and bad comparative. A good one as you probably will concede would be involving other crimes at police level, not jumping in with both feet to go on at a drawl about illegal wars between powerful countries and weaker ones.

You always seem to point out you were here first before me on these threads, even though i have been here quite a while now. It seems you think yourself a superior for that fact? Well, lots of people pre-date me, such as Klintock, but that hardly matters does it.

You make sound bite points on political topics to do with America and wars instead of any arguments now adays and you turn threads about drugs or anything for that matter into an opportunity to make a statement of Bush's illegal wars.

Finally, since you seem to be the one starting arguments with me again, always jumping into a point i make, on other threads, even the point is nothing more then a joke that you dont get and so take it too seriously, and you are the one making all the snide comments, maybe it is time you re-evaluate why you feel your are always been insulted. Clearly you are bringing it on yourself by starting the ball rolling for childish and pointless arguments. I just spent all this time on this thread having to write these responses to you for no reason other then you seem to need the facts pointing out to you when i would much rather be reading actually debates on here, which is what most other people do. Please refrain from this complex you have developed where you seem to think that anyone who disagrees with you or makes a point you dont like is out to get you. No one is after all, it would be far too pointless of them to waste their time with you.
  • Options
    As for the topic of drugs, and this law. It is a means the Government is employing to try to remove the drug culture of the nation. It will fail miserably, they will not learn from it at all and will try even more pointless tactics in future.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,284 Skive's The Limit
    Snide comments about hijacking threads when such was not in fact the case

It's the case now.

Anyway in respect to the original subject, possible sentance of life in jail for having 6 pills on you? It's fucking stupid.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    what is to be gained by criminalising such a huge section of the population to this degree?
    are we to expect a hundred more jails to be built?

these people should be forced ...with the threat of immediate dismissal from the jobs they are unqualified to hold ...should they continue to implement laws which fly in the face of medical scientific and social realities.
    i feel a march coming on.
  • Options
    and just to add ...whats with the flaming of clan?
    he is pointing out that a bunch of killers who seem to be able to lie cheat steal murder and destroy ...who take more and more of our liberties away ...are the very p ....i'm wasting my breath ....
  • Options
    It's the case now.

Seems the inane comments come in economy packs these days.

Yes MR, I fear you are. Some kids just lack any concept of comparative principle, sad to say.
  • Options
    a drug dealers association should be formed.
    they turn over up to ten billion quid a year in the uk.
    thats a lot of clout.
  • Options
    I'm sure Mr. Nice would volunteer to act as Secretary General! ;)
  • Options
    I know away to escape the jail sentence... why not take all the drugs then they'll be dead. It's what they deserve.
  • Options
    My my, you ARE a rabid and inhumane little hatemonger aren't you?
  • Options
    My my, you ARE a rabid and inhumane little hatemonger aren't you?
    If they chose to take extacy then they deserve what is coming to them.
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    sophia wrote:
    You think that someone who takes drugs deserves to die of an overdose? What a pleasant boy you are, such an asset to the boards...
    They shouldn't complain about the jail sentence. Ok they have been caught with illegal drugs which are ILLEGAL in this country. So what is the problem?

If they don't like it, sod off to sa country they're legal.
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    sophia wrote:
    What about shoplifters? Should they be sent to prison for 14 years too? What about tax evaders, or people who don't pay their television licence? Or is just people who take drugs who are deserving of such a ridiculously draconian sentence? And if so, why?
    We all know the setencing in this country is absolutely barmy. If you rape someone you're lucky to get more than 5 years.
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    didn't that guy that raped that baby get 6 years? then it got raised to 9?