Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Virgins

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
This is my first post so apologies if this is a repeat of anything posted before. :cool:

Just wondering if anyone here is a virgin, cos im an 18 year old girl and cos im so shy it may not happen for quite a while yet, im not in any particular rush and want to wait for the right guy.

Is there something wrong with me?

Comments

• Options
    Of course not!!!!!

There's nothing wrong with that at all - why would there be?
  • Options
    Nothing is wrong with you at all. There is really no point in having sex if you don't want to. Trust me! So many peolpe tried to pressure me into but I was just uninterseted then i meet my boyfirned and that changed. I was so happy I waited and don't regert it at all. And i know if I hadn't meet him then i never would have done it
  • Options
    Cazzoo wrote:
    Of course not!!!!!

There's nothing wrong with that at all - why would there be?

I agree, nothing wrong with waiting, sometimes waiting for the right one is better than sleeping with someone you will always regret...
  • Options
    I agree, nothing wrong with waiting, sometimes waiting for the right one is better than sleeping with someone you will always regret...

This is what I plan on doing.
  • Options
    Of course not! You will find that a lot of people rush in and have sex early, and then regret it and wish they would have waited. Many of my friends have done. You shouldn't feel ashamed, you should be proud. There is no rush. You will probably find that when you do feel its the right time to loose your virginity, it will be amazing as you are more mature than those who have lost their virginity earlier.

Just guessing here, as I'm still a virgin. You shouldn't feel pressured to do anything early, wait until your ready. Thats what I'm doing, waiting till I'm with the right person and it feels right. :) So, there isn't anything wrong with you!
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:
    This is what I plan on doing.

Good plan :yes:
  • Options
    This is my first post so apologies if this is a repeat of anything posted before. :cool:

Just wondering if anyone here is a virgin, cos im an 18 year old girl and cos im so shy it may not happen for quite a while yet, im not in any particular rush and want to wait for the right guy.

No there is nothing wrong with you at all.

I agree with what everyone else has said :)
  • Options
    in a small weird way i sort of miss being a 'innocent virgin' i only lost my virginity at the end of march and i had no intention of doing it before it felt right
  • Options
    There is nothing wrong with it at all, i was 18 when i lost mine but that was only because i had a girlfriend who i really felt comfortable with. There is no point in rushing things, its better to wait than to loose it to a complete dick.

Once you meet someone you care about it will all just feel natural :yes:
  • Options

Yes, all virgins die before they reach 20. ;)
  • Options
    turlough wrote:

:lol::lol: Nice one man :thumb:
  • Options
    There's definately nothing wrong with it at all...i'm 21 and i'm a virgin...its best to wait till the right time, and the right person, really.
  • Options
    yep - agree with t'others - there's absolutely nothing wrong at all. i was a virgin till i was 26, i only lost my virginity this year, to my partner, cos i wanted to wait till it was right, and also till i was with the right person.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:

Wow, dude, that only gives you, like, 6 or 7 months to live .... :p
  • Options
    no of course it doesn't matter. i didn't lose my virginity till i was err...19 and a half. i'm a right slag now. :p;)
  • Options
    Teagan wrote:
    Wow, dude, that only gives you, like, 6 or 7 months to live .... :p

I know :nervous: ;)
  • Options
    There is nothing wrong with it at all.

I lost my v plates shortly after I was 16. My boyfriend was 20 at the time. He put alot of pressure on me for sex. I only regretted it afterwards. I wish I had waited.

Turns out, this guy was a loser. We split up shortly afterwards.
  • Options

there's nothing wrong with waiting. i'm 22 n i was seeing a guy who's 18 n he was okay with it....well kinda...but yeah,wait for the right guy..n the right time..it's your body so you get to decide no matter what other people might say!
  • Options
    there is nothing wrong with you.iam 30 years older than you and have been married for almost 30 years.my wife was 21 and a virgin and i have been her only partner, and i have only had 1 other. it may sound dull but i think alot of people,s and society,s problems stem from the notion that everone can shag around with no consequences. i know that will sound pruddish to most younger folk who use this site,but i believe high divorce rates and decline in marriage are a consequence of people having lots of sexual partners,therefore infidelity does,nt carry any weight to them.so i think you should wait till you think you have found the right person for you and you are comfortable with your decision.best wishes,John
  • Options
    I'm just a wee virgin. I don't mind. It just means that I've had a lot of practice at everything else ;)

I've just been unfortunate. My first bf was forceful about it, and hit me when I refused. So that kinda put me off it for a while. I don't think I wanted it with my second bf. I could have done it a hundred times with my last bf, but we never got a safe time alone to do it.

So there.

I'm desperate to do it with the guy I'm seeing now. But it has to be right, because otherwise it'd kill me emotionally.

Oh, and I'm 19 in July by the by.
  • Options
    For most people it's getting used to other people that is the problem. After that, I would presume (going after assumptions and not experience) that once you make a percieved connection with someone you are then let in to their lives and you begin the process of getting to know each other, and... there you go.

I'm a virgin. Problem is I'm not shy or timid. I don't hang back. I'm out there and doing things, interacting and what not. So in this case, I believe there might be something inherently wrong with me that I'm apparently not aware of.
  • Options
    Hell no!! I think it's cool to wait!! You'll appreciate/enjoy it more :) I'm also a virgin, and plan to stay that way until I'm married actually...That does not, however, mean that I am a holy roller bible basher sorta dudette...I'm not, at all.!!
  • Options
    guitaress wrote:
    Hell no!! I think it's cool to wait!! You'll appreciate/enjoy it more :) I'm also a virgin, and plan to stay that way until I'm married actually...

Good luck I wanted that too. But didn't work out. Now I figure as long as I marry my 1st then it'll be okay
  • Options
    Blairx0 wrote:
    Good luck I wanted that too. But didn't work out. Now I figure as long as I marry my 1st then it'll be okay

Thanks :) I am a determined person, and for me there hasn't ever even been any kind of temptation. If I commit to something, then that's it. I'm confident I'll carry it through :)
  • Options
    guitaress wrote:
    Thanks :) I am a determined person, and for me there hasn't ever even been any kind of temptation. If I commit to something, then that's it. I'm confident I'll carry it through :)

Well again I say good luck but I must admit I never had any desire to have sex and or touch myself AT ALL but things change. And honestly I love my boyfriend and can't wait to get married and I'am very please with the choice I've made thought it was diffcult.. I hope your happy with whatever choice you make
  • Options
    Nothing wrong with you, 21, virgin, happy to wait until it's right.
  • Options
    I'm 22 and still a virgin and I'm happy being one for now.
  • Options
    Blairx0 wrote:
    Well again I say good luck but I must admit I never had any desire to have sex and or touch myself AT ALL but things change. And honestly I love my boyfriend and can't wait to get married and I'am very please with the choice I've made thought it was diffcult.. I hope your happy with whatever choice you make

Thanks dudette, it's a nice change from people laughing I must admit :D Touching yourself is grand, it;s a great form of release, and you're not hurting anyone in the process, or putting yourself at risk of STI's. Good luck with your marriage!! :D
  • Options
    Woah!

I didn't realise there were so many peolple who were happy to wait. :)

Thanks everyone :D
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I'm 20 (nearing 21), a virgin, and it very honestly doesn't bother me in the slightest (it seems that's rare for guys).

But not having been kissed does bother me a lot.