Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Acid!

smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
Hi guys,

Just a bit curious but if you take acid frequently can it have some long term effects on you? My reason for asking this is that i have a mate who has only just started taking acid, but he seems to do it about twice a week. One thing that we have noticed is that when he is sobre he still see's colours every so often. I wasn't sure if it is because it may still be in his system because of the rate he is doing it.

I always thought acid was one of those things you only do a couple times a year.

smitherz

Comments

• SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Yes, taking acid that often will fuck with you mind, it would fuck with mine anyway.
    Weekender Offender 
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Hey there Smitherz, there is an abundance of information in Erowid's LSD Vault including this article about Visual Phenominology of the LSD flashback and this one titled Trailing phenomenon.

From what I can gather this is a common after effect of acid, no matter what your frequency of usage, but you do build up (and loose) tolerance to acid quite quickly.
  • smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    LadyJade wrote:
    Hey there Smitherz, there is an abundance of information in Erowid's LSD Vault including this article about Visual Phenominology of the LSD flashback and this one titled Trailing phenomenon.

From what I can gather this is a common after effect of acid, no matter what your frequency of usage, but you do build up (and loose) tolerance to acid quite quickly.

Thanks for the info, very interesting. I think im best off showing him this information so he can have a read himself. Especially as he is using acid as a substitute for marijuana when he smoked it every day. I think if he could he would end up doing acid everyday, and dont think that is a good thing :S

smitherz
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Could be having effects of HPPD. www.hppdonline.com Seeing flashes of colours or patterns of colours on a wall or roof is a sympton. Among others I might add. :shocking:
    i used to do it every weekend for a number of years ...no ill effects.
    you can't rely do it twice a week for long before it will simply stop working.
    turlough wrote:
    Could be having effects of HPPD. www.hppdonline.com Seeing flashes of colours or patterns of colours on a wall or roof is a sympton. Among others I might add. :shocking:

Yeah that's exactly what I've got its weird as fcuk. Get it off pills n smokin dope.
    Coke doesn't affect it but when I've taken amphetamines it had. It's like static on a tv screen with flashes of colour and tracers. I've only ever done trips once.
    Once you do it you'll see why u wudnt wana do it often. If your doing it twice a week i doubt you'd ever really bo totally sober.
    ^^ Hell no! I've known people who've done trips 4 days in a row, doubling the dose every night, sicker than! I don't think I'd every come back to reality after that. There's a guy round here who took loads of trips (acid) and this is no lie, he thinks he is a tree!! He stands with his arms stuck out like branches, think he's in the nut house now, not heard anything of him for a while!
    Uprising wrote:
    There's a guy round here who took loads of trips (acid) and this is no lie, he thinks he is a tree!! He stands with his arms stuck out like branches, think he's in the nut house now, not heard anything of him for a while!
    Awesome, that made my day! I bet he's enjoying the sunshine then?!
    The more you do, the more likley you are to get flashbacks at other times.
    No such thing as flashbacks imo. You just don't re-enter a trip.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Actually despite the common misconception, flashbacks aren't re-entering a trip or a reactivation of LSD somehow stored in your body. Researchers have likened it to Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. I'll find some links in a bit...
    LadyJade wrote:
    Actually despite the common misconception, flashbacks aren't re-entering a trip or a reactivation of LSD somehow stored in your body. Researchers have likened it to Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. I'll find some links in a bit...
    Is it that, the LSD causes trauma to your brain (due to overactivity or something), which creates effects similar to a highly stressful event which could cause PTSD?