Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

getting the tea made?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Right. My flatmate and I have this thing whereby if you say someting with the sound 't' in it, you need to make a cuppa.

For example,

Him: See that thing you put your golfball on before you hit it, what's it called?

Me: A tee?

Him: milk and two sugars please!

So, the others one's I've been hit with are Mr T. (from the A-team), and the T-Birds (from Grease). Can anyone help me with some more that I can get him with? They need to be really inconspicious and not at all obvious. He's a doctor as well, so if there are medical terms I can use, then that'd be great.

p.s. I'm sure that I said that there should be a forum for 'pointless banter' at some stage since I've been a member here, and I got slated for it. I tried searching for it, but couldn't find anything. Could any of you help with that as well? :thumb:

KoG

Comments

• Options
    Depends how far you milk it (pardon the pun)

T-Bone steak flavoured Roysters? T-Mobile? Do you have a mutual friend called Steve?
    p.s. I'm sure that I said that there should be a forum for 'pointless banter'

Me and my mate Gary are like this at work, pointless banter is the way ahead.

Today's subject was "What is the weirdest thing you haven't smuggled into the country?", and then we had a 15 minute discussion about how he didn't shove cheese up his arse on the way back from Holland.

Funnily enough, the subject cropped up again when the subject of overtime was discussed, and he remarked that "he'd rather stick bees up his arse" than do overtime.

Not that we waste time speaking shite or anything.
  • Options
    Bri-namite wrote:

T-Bone steak flavoured Roysters? T-Mobile? Do you have a mutual friend called Steve?

Me and my mate Gary are like this at work, pointless banter is the way ahead.

Today's subject was "What is the weirdest thing you haven't smuggled into the country?", and then we had a 15 minute discussion about how he didn't shove cheese up his arse on the way back from Holland.

Funnily enough, the subject cropped up again when the subject of overtime was discussed, and he remarked that "he'd rather stick bees up his arse" than do overtime.

Not that we waste time speaking shite or anything.

:lol:

Somehow in tutorial today, we got from talking about guns to talking about pushing cows over...
  • Options
    Bri-namite wrote:

T-Mobile? .

That's great, I like that one. I've thought up of one about ATP which I'm sure he'll go for as well. and as for the 'not smuggling cheese up your arse chat', I think that's an ideal example of 'pointless banter' :thumb:
  • Options
    'what am i ...what am i ...come on ...

YOUR A TWAT!

CAN'T FAIL MATE.,
  • Options
    'what am i ...what am i ...come on ...

YOUR A TWAT!

CAN'T FAIL MATE.,

I can't even pretend to understand this! :(
  • Options
    I can't even pretend to understand this! :(
    you wanted him to say som ...forget it.
  • Options
    I think I get it. When I said something with a 't' sound in it, I meant it like t-mobile, mr-t, a tee for golf. Sorry if that wasn't clear :(
  • Options
    could you use something with the word 'tease' in?

shneaky, like ;)
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:
    could you use something with the word 'tease' in?

shneaky, like ;)

In a Sean Connery-esque kinda way? :p
  • Options
    T-Rex

Humpty Dumpty
  • Options
    if yer like.

or t-shirt, t-rex, tv?
  • Options
    'How do you spell tracheotemy?' (the operation where they put a hole in your wind pipe so you can breathe, cant remember what it's called)

:D easy. In fact, it's got 2 Ts in, so you could have 2 cuppas!

eta: apparently it's tracheotomy or tracheostomy. :thumb:
  • Options
    Teak
  • Options
    My god, I'm so dumb... There's loads of them! And you wouldn't believe I'm doing a PhD in English Language and Linguistics now, would ya? :p
  • Options
    mtv?
  • Options
    my mum usually just says 'ooh i could really do with a drink now' or 'oooh my throat is ever so dry'. works every time!
  • Options
    Well, it's become a sort of running joke, so I need to stick to the rules. Got some amazing ones though, so cheers everybody who helped! :thumb:
  • Options
    Hahaha, you're so weird. :razz:
  • Options
    well my mum does it to her husband, and think he kinda feels obliged as she cooks the tea. might not be the same with your mates!
  • Options
    Audi TT. For those occasions when you want 2 cups.
  • Options
    My boss always does this one at work, espically when someone new starts. He cant catch me out though as I dont drink hot drinks
  • Options
    My god, I'm so dumb... There's loads of them! And you wouldn't believe I'm doing a PhD in English Language and Linguistics now, would ya? :p
    Ooh. Would it be ok to pester you at later dates if need be? I'm doing a BA in English Language and Linguistics.
  • Options
    In statistics there is a test known as the t-test (also called the student t-test).
  • Options
    Oh my God isn't that tee-riffic!

Me and my mates have silly wee things like that too, all a bit of craic like.
  • Options
    1983 wrote:
    Hahaha, you're so weird. :razz:
    I'm all sad that a fellow Wedgie thinks I'm weird... :(
    Ooh. Would it be ok to pester you at later dates if need be? I'm doing a BA in English Language and Linguistics.
    Absolutely! Where abouts are you doing it? You starting in September?
  • Options
    I'm at York, I finished my first year exams yesterday. All went well except Semantics :grump:
  • Options
    York? I've sent you a PM (cause this isn't really to do with the topic at all...) Oh, and congratualtions on finishing your exams! I feel you pain about semantics. Semantics = lose.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Only one kinda tea to be made.

And it's green.
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:
    :lol:

Somehow in tutorial today, we got from talking about guns to talking about pushing cows over...

thing is i was walking past some sleeping cows today, at about 4am, and none of them were sleeping standin up, rather shocked, is just an urban myth this cow pushing
  • Options
    I dont drink hot drinks

I thought I was the only one!!