Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Shopping in Paris...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Mum's taking me to Paris for 3 days tomorrow, to celebrate my 20th.
I've got £200 spending money, but I'm not sure how far that'll go being somewhere like Paris...

Has anyone been to Paris recently and is it going to be totally out of my budget? I'm looking at handbags/purses, silver jewellery, makeup and tops/trousers....

Comments

• Options
    I expect it will be shopping heaven for you.
    Hope you have a good time :)
  • Options
    Mum's taking me to Paris for 3 days tomorrow, to celebrate my 20th.
    I've got £200 spending money, but I'm not sure how far that'll go being somewhere like Paris...

Has anyone been to Paris recently and is it going to be totally out of my budget? I'm looking at handbags/purses, silver jewellery, makeup and tops/trousers....

I've never been to Paris but I'm sure it'll be like anywhere else, you can probably find some nice little cheap shops up the back streets.
  • Options
    There are a shit load of shoe shops and nice botiques around Les Halles indoors and out.

ETA - Oh and £200 won't do you. Look at £350 at least. :)
  • Options
    I've never been to Paris but I'm sure it'll be like anywhere else, you can probably find some nice little cheap shops up the back streets.

Have you SEEN THE SIZE OF PARIS?! :razz:

There's like 483920483920489230 back streets. Ha.

Start at Les Halles, and then go to Garde Norde I think it is. Les Halles for the first day, then Garde Norde the second and obvioulsy Champs Elysee :D
  • Options
    We're staying in a hotel between Place De La Madeleine and L'opera, so it's quite central really. Going up the Eiffel Tour should be fun :hyper:

Just can't wait to start shopping :lol:
  • Options
    Saphora for your make-up, Morgan for clothes
  • Options
    leese wrote:
    Saphora for your make-up

But why go somewhere thats everywhere. I'd take advantage and go to Paris specific shops. Or at least something you can't go to where you live.

And have fun Iilora :)
  • Options
    It sounds like an amazing trip away. If I went to Paris I'd want to do it properly.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    But why go somewhere thats everywhere. I'd take advantage and go to Paris specific shops. Or at least something you can't go to where you live.

And have fun Iilora :)

i though it was french , never seen one over here
  • Options
    leese wrote:
    i though it was french , never seen one over here

Sorry, my bad, I see one in every mall so I just assumed. BUt yes, if your in the mood for make up, leese has the idea ;)

Go to a perfumery place type thing too, I remember going to one there, where they mix and match and make custom perfumes for you, oh it was good. :yum:
  • Options
    ^Ooh yeah, definitely want to go to the Perfume Museum... J'adore perfume :love:

Wanted to see Moulin Rouge but it's like 90 euros each :eek2: too much for a 3 day trip. Maybe next time...
  • Options
    1983 wrote:
    Have you SEEN THE SIZE OF PARIS?! :razz:

There's like 483920483920489230 back streets. Ha

All the more fun then! :razz: :D
  • Options
    The Sephora store in Les Halles is expeeeeeeeeeenisve, but since you have expensive tastes, you'll love it ;)

Go on the baton mouche down the River Seine and go up the Monparnass Tower, aaaaaaaaaand Per La Chez :D God, I wanna go.

I've been three times, I love Paris so damn much ha.
  • Options
    People in UK seems to think going shopping in Paris is amazing and French people think going shopping to London is...
  • Options
    id love to go to paris, but i was mainly thinking museums, art galleries and coffee shops.
  • Options
    i went to paris for a week little while and was lookin forward to all the lil boutiques in the back streets but couldnt find ANY!! (we had a pretty tight schedule so didnt have much time to look).......so ended up goin to H&M!! cos even tho they do sell same things its cheaper!! i got a skirt that ive seen here for £20 but there is was 15 euros, £8 ish - bargain
  • Options
    I know, I love the H&M in Paris, and I lovelovelovelove Jennyfur and Pims ohohoh and there was another shop, I forget WEBE or something. :D
  • Options
    Man, you've all inspired me to go over for the day! I'm going over for the day and it'll cost moi £20 or so! I'll take an empty suitcase, £300 and come back home with a shitload of clothes. OH YES.
  • Options
    1983 wrote:
    Man, you've all inspired me to go over for the day! I'm going over for the day and it'll cost moi £20 or so! I'll take an empty suitcase, £300 and come back home with a shitload of clothes. OH YES.

is it really that cheap to get to paris for the day? wow

I must get a group of people and go some time. When i have a job and money of course :impissed:
  • Options
    Blah wrote:
    is it really that cheap to get to paris for the day? wow

I must get a group of people and go some time. When i have a job and money of course :impissed:

she lives in scotland too so maybe cheaper the further south you live? :confused:

eta: or i'm assuming £20 is the eurotunnel charge and she has to make her way down there.
  • Options
    Nah, RyanAir. :D
  • Options
    id love to go to paris, but i was mainly thinking museums, art galleries and coffee shops.

Mmm yeah, I'm just in the mood for that kind of short break. Culture, coffee, sightseeing. I'm not a big shopper at the best of times though, and holidays are what I take to get away from tills and carrier bags. Each to their own :)
  • Options
    1983 wrote:
    Nah, RyanAir. :D

aye, jet2 fly to paris from leeds/bradford for peanuts :) :thumb:
  • Options
    Oh, my GOD. What a let down :(

I went to Paris thinking it was a quaint, beautiful and relatively cheap place and it's totally the opposite. It's horrible. It's dusty, dirty, HOT.
    The shops are expensive and all chain stores. There aren't any 'boutiques' as far as I could find and the shop staff are snotty as hell and EVERYTHING is overpriced. 3.20 Euros for a 500ml bottle of Coke. :mad:

We spent what time we had on a tour bus doing the sight-seeing thing, and going up the Eiffel Tour - had more fun that way.

I took 280 Euros, and came back with 280 Euros. Sorely disappointed.
    I'm now going to the BullRing in Brum to spend some money :lol:

I can see why some people love Paris, but it's not for me. Mum's the same. She's now looking at New York instead :hyper:
  • Options
    Oh, my GOD. What a let down :(

I went to Paris thinking it was a quaint, beautiful and relatively cheap place and it's totally the opposite. It's horrible. It's dusty, dirty, HOT.
    The shops are expensive and all chain stores. There aren't any 'boutiques' as far as I could find and the shop staff are snotty as hell and EVERYTHING is overpriced. 3.20 Euros for a 500ml bottle of Coke. :mad:

We spent what time we had on a tour bus doing the sight-seeing thing, and going up the Eiffel Tour - had more fun that way.

I took 280 Euros, and came back with 280 Euros. Sorely disappointed.
    I'm now going to the BullRing in Brum to spend some money :lol:

I can see why some people love Paris, but it's not for me. Mum's the same. She's now looking at New York instead :hyper:

Sorry to say but you'll also find its dirty and smells of pee, with overpriced chain stores :p

Sorry to hear it wasn't what you wree expecting :(
  • Options
    ^Haha, well yeah.. but it's the Big Apple (oh dear, more pre-conceptions!)

But thanks, it wasn't a wasted 3 days, I had fun (sunburning 2 shoulders, a nose and a scalp on the top of a tourbus) but it was an experience (drinking champagne out of plastic champ flutes in a renaissance style *** hotel room :naughty: ) But I have to say, Paris has some of the most beautiful men I've ever seen :love: :flirt:
  • Options
    ^Haha, well yeah.. but it's the Big Apple (oh dear, more pre-conceptions!)

But thanks, it wasn't a wasted 3 days, I had fun (sunburning 2 shoulders, a nose and a scalp on the top of a tourbus) but it was an experience (drinking champagne out of plastic champ flutes in a renaissance style *** hotel room :naughty: ) But I have to say, Paris has some of the most beautiful men I've ever seen :love: :flirt:

Ah well good to hear it wasn't all bad ;) Did you go to any perfume places? How about the food :yum:
  • Options
    Nope, no perfume places - only the usual Printemps/Sephora etc.

The food was yummy! Had italian on the first night, and grilled salmon the second night (and again for lunch the next day, it was so good!!) :thumb: :lol:
  • Options
    New York is ace! But it's incredibly hot, busy and dirty - more so than Paris, I guess.
  • Options
    im glad you still had fun.
    I dont think many places have loads of little independent boutiques anymore unfortunatly. Everyone wants chainstore clothes in general.

Apparently paris is getting its first topshop soon w00t :rolleyes: