Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

what did you get in your gcses?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Just out of curiosity...
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    \
  • Options
    C in Maths
    Ds in English, Science and food
    Es in RS & History
    U in ICT (I was one mark off passing)
  • Options
    I got ten

8 C's and 2 B's

Pretty good going since I screwed up my revision by going out most nights.
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    Just out of curiosity...

Are you doing your this year?

What are you hoping for?
  • Options

Haha, I was a right tramp during my GCSEs... out all the time drinking, smoking and falling asleep in alleys behind pubs and in fields. Not that I'm suggesting you were a tramp, too, or anything like that... :razz:

I got 9 As... and a D in Technology because I didn't bother doing my coursework. Gutted.
  • Options
    A x 7
    B x 2
    C x 2
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    Haha, I was a right tramp during my GCSEs... out all the time drinking, smoking and falling asleep in alleys behind pubs and in fields. Not that I'm suggesting you were a tramp, too, or anything like that... :razz:

I got 9 As... and a D in Technology because I didn't bother doing my coursework. Gutted.

9 As!! obviously the alcohol didnt rot your brain as much as it did mine :razz: or maybe you were just cleverer to begin with. lol
  • Options
    I got an A for tech :D my final project was awful though and the school lost my minor project, Swingin' Henry. To this day I don't know where he went :(
  • Options
    I got an A for tech :D my final project was awful though and the school lost my minor project, Swingin' Henry. To this day I don't know where he went :(

My school lost one of my art pieces which I was gutted about. :crying:

I would have got an A I'm sure :razz:
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    2 x B, 4 x C, 3 x D
  • Options
    9 As!! obviously the alcohol didnt rot your brain as much as it did mine :razz: or maybe you were just cleverer to begin with. lol

My brain's like a sponge for both alcohol and information.. luckily!

I've heard that from other people too, sophia, but for some reason my school didn't make me drop the Tech course. Possibly because I kept assuring them I was "almost finished" with my wooden toybox when in fact it was still happily living its life as a tree :lol:
  • Options
    I got ten

8 C's and 2 B's

I was the oppsoite - I'd spend most weekends revising.

However, I probably did rubbish because:
    *we only had 2 terms to do 2 years worth of work in English
    *I was put into a mixed set for Science (I was doing Higher tier; nearly everyone else was doing Foundation) and we didn't get taught properly for ages
  • Options
    A surprise to many but i managed to get 4 B's and 6 C's.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I didn't do GCSEs. I did Standard Grades. I got 3 x 1s, 4 x 2s and one 3.
  • Options
    2 A's 5 B's 2 C's and my lovely D in food technology i didn't hand any coursework in so i figured i must have got an A in the exam to get that :p

Sometimes i wish i had revised for them and done better like i could have, but then i realise no one really gives a toss about gcse's anyway. Ha.
  • Options
    3 x A
    5 x B
    3 x C
  • Options
    Are you doing your this year?

What are you hoping for?
    yeah, i'm in the middle of my exams at the moment....well it's hard to say what i'm hoping for because i don't want to be too ambitious...somewhere along the lines of...

BB in english

BC in science (the B being biology cause i can't do the rest...although my exams today went quite well)

C in maths...i want this C SO bad!

at least a B in dance

A in geography, but i've kinda screwed my first exam

B or A in food tech

C in german

C in ICT

C or if i can manage...B in history

i also realised this was a bad combination of subjects to take! I wish i'd done drama instead of dance, and media instead of history...which is aparrantly the hardest gcse there is, so i guess a C in history would look better than an A in media or something like that.
    There isn't even a written paper in drama...and in dance theres a 2 hour written exam, with coursework and 3 examined performances!!
    I also heard that in media they actually get to see their exam paper before! Thats what 2 of my friends who've took it were saying anyway.
  • Options
    3 A*s, 5 As, 2 Bs

and an X is bastarding technology because my school were too stupid to withdraw me from the exams.

and to some extent, ditto this comment:
    beans wrote:
    Sometimes i wish i had revised for them and done better like i could have, but then i realise no one really gives a toss about gcse's anyway.
  • Options
    1 A*, 1 A, 6 B's, 2 C's, 1 D :)
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    5A* 5A

GCSEs are easy peasy these days, so I've heard. :p
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:
    5A* 5A

GCSEs are easy peasy these days, so I've heard. :p
    if you have a good memory and are a smart arse!
  • Options
    (Apart from actually getting there in the first place) nobody else at uni cares what grades you've got at GCSE or A Level. I have no idea what my flatmates got for theirs, we've all ended up in the same place so it doesn't really matter.

(Please note: I'm not saying they're not important, Ballerina get revising!)
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:
    5A* 5A

Blimey! :eek:
  • Options
    briggi wrote:

This sounds like me when I did my GCSEs.

I got 7 x A* and 3 x A
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    if you have a good memory and are a smart arse!

amd if you're not expected to cover 2 years worth of work in two terms...
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    sophia wrote:
    All anyone asks about is your most recent qualification, and that seems to hold all the way up - my fella got a third in his degree, but went on to do a Master's degree and got a distinction, so no one cares about the pisspoor degree classification anymore.

this is true, and i've also found that once you've held down a decent job for a couple of years post-uni, nobody even cares about your degree. they're only interested in your most recent job and what you actually DO.

when i go to interviews now, barely anyone asks about my qualifications, and the ones that do bring it up more as a talking point than anything.

having said that, you do need to do the best you can at each level to make the next step easier.
  • Options
    i hate people who don't work for it but still get amazing grades, i have to work my ass off to get good grades :grump:
    but i'm only happy if i'm doing my best....yet i always feel i can improve
    (some of you may remember my rant about a friend who left her history cw several months after the original deadline...then got other people to send copies of their work for her to 'look' at, and got full marks for it. I spent ages on it and, handed it in on the deadline and just scraped a B...she got an A*! gr, it still makes my blood boil!)