Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

pictures of iran.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Ah but Rolly, don't you understand, when WE slaughter tens of thousands of innocents its just "collateral damage" or "acceptable losses". Nevermind that they were simply going about their daily lives when one of our bombs or our boys mowed them down, thats what they get for being in the way!

Mass psycopathy never was more flagrantly detached. It boggles the rational mind to no end!
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    You might disagree if you were one of the persecuted 6 million Sunni Muslims in Iran, one of the 300,000 Baha'is or one of Iran's 300,000 Christians...For any civilised person who finds indiscriminately persecuting religious minorities abhorrent Iran is a problem.

So remind me WHY we don't invade, for this reason, half the countries in Africa... infact the west largley IGNORES the far worse persecution going on there. Zimbabwe, Somalia... only the CHINESE, of all people, are helping. And then the US moans at them for their world influence!
    :confused: What's Iran defending itself from? It's already been established that neither America nor Britain has the resources required to attack Iran at the moment. And you're even madder than I thought if you think Israel was planning some kind of unilateral invasion. The US would have no interest in a dump like Iran if the Iranians were not denying the Holocaust yet promising to enact a 'real' Middle Eastern one, ruthlessly persecuting religious minorities in Iran and threatening to destroy other countries. That also and the fact that the Iranian president is of the same mindset of the terrorist groups he funds (Islamic Jihad, Hamas, etc) - if the Iranian president starts a nuclear war he doesn’t care about the consequences, he thinks he's getting his 72 virgins...

Again. Their are worse threats in the world. North Korea for instance? And Iran would not use Nukes without a reason. Say, if it were nuked first. He isn't stupid. And it is defending itself from a country that has threatened to nuke it - Israel. I said this before. Israel, which has its nukes ILLEGALLY, has threatened to use them against Iran. Joy. When it isn't selling US technology to the Chinese, that is.
    :lol: Iran has gigantic oil and gas reserves it could use to create electricity - and at a miniscule percentage of what nuclear energy would cost. Their intentions are evidently obvious to all except the gullible and Islamofascist apologists.

No, Nuclear Energy is far cheaper in the long run. It pays for itself severall times over, infact. Don't be silly. Also, the Oil is going to run out in the future. Perhaps, unlike America, Iran is thinking about the future? I mean, even Britain is most probably building more Nuclear power plants. Does that mean we intend to make 20,000 more Nuclear Missiles?
    You might disagree if you were one of the persecuted 6 million Sunni Muslims in Iran, one of the 300,000 Baha'is or one of Iran's 300,000 Christians...For any civilised person who finds indiscriminately persecuting religious minorities abhorrent Iran is a problem.

Persecution? As far as I know there are still about 30,000 Jews in Iran, shouldn't they all be in a mass graveyard by now? Read this:
    Article 27 of the ICCPR deals directly with the question of religious and ethnic minorities. It states:

In those states in which ethnic, religious or linguistic minorities exist, persons belonging to such minorities shall not be denied the right, in community with the other members of their group, to enjoy their own culture, to profess and practice their own religion, or to use their own language.

Many articles of Iranian legislation outlaw discrimination on the basis of race or national origin. Article 19 of the constitution of the Islamic Republic of Iran states: "All people of Iran, whatever the ethnic group or tribe to which they belong, enjoy equal rights, and color, race, language, and the like do not bestow any privilege." The right of equality before the law is guaranteed in Article 3(14) of the constitution.

Articles 13 and 14 of the constitution refer to the freedom of recognized religious minorities. Article 13 states, "Zoroastrian, Jewish and Christian Iranians are the only religious minorities who, within the limits of the law, are free to perform their religious rites and ceremonies and to act according to their own canon in matters of personal affairs and religious education."Article 14 explains that, "The Government of the Islamic Republic of Iran and all Muslims are duty bound to treat non-Muslims in conformity with equitable norms and the principles of Islamic justice and equity and to respect their human rights.

Taken from: http://www.hrw.org/reports/1997/iran/Iran-04.htm
    What's Iran defending itself from? It's already been established that neither America nor Britain has the resources required to attack Iran at the moment. And you're even madder than I thought if you think Israel was planning some kind of unilateral invasion. The US would have no interest in a dump like Iran if the Iranians were not denying the Holocaust yet promising to enact a 'real' Middle Eastern one, ruthlessly persecuting religious minorities in Iran and threatening to destroy other countries. That also and the fact that the Iranian president is of the same mindset of the terrorist groups he funds (Islamic Jihad, Hamas, etc) - if the Iranian president starts a nuclear war he doesn’t care about the consequences, he thinks he's getting his 72 virgins...

Have you been living under a rock for the past year. America has stated several times that Iran is a viable target, especially if they continue with their uranium project or whatever the fuck it is.
    Not only Jews in Iran...

Alot of American, some black, Basketball players have gone there and joined Iranian teams. They say that the crime rates are lower than in the US, they feel safe walking the streets at night, and get less persecution if they are black than at home.

Not so bad after all.
    turlough wrote:
    Persecution? As far as I know there are still about 30,000 Jews in Iran, shouldn't they all be in a mass graveyard by now?

From a thread a few days back 'Why the neo-nazis salute Iran's president'
    While the regime loathes Israel, rounding up Jews would be the best way to trigger international outrage, so a surrogate enemy has been found: the Baha’i religion, which was founded in 19th-century Iran. Their ancestors converted from Islam, so they are deemed apostates; and because the Baha’i faith has its headquarters in Israel, they are wrongly accused of being Zionist or US spies. Unlike Christians, Jews and Zoroastrians — who are at least given some constitutional protection because their religions are recognised — Iran’s 300,000 Baha’is are officially ‘unprotected infidels’ or a ‘misguided sect’ and hence the lowest of the low.
    turlough wrote:
    Articles 13 and 14 of the constitution refer to the freedom of recognized religious minorities.

Great...if you're a recognised religious minority. Although it's a shame Article 13 and 14 aren't even observed as regard to recognised religious minorities. As you'd know if you bothered to do your research on the treatment of Sunni Muslims, Christians and Jews who are 'recognised' religious minorities. From what I've read Iranian Jews face far less persecution than non-Shia Muslims and Baha'is - although the Iranian regime floods the Iranian people with extreme anti-Semitic propaganda.
    turlough wrote:
    Have you been living under a rock for the past year. America has stated several times that Iran is a viable target, especially if they continue with their uranium project or whatever the fuck it is.

That's the point... :rolleyes: If Iran was not intent on developing nuclear weapons America wouldn't have any interest in invading Iran. And er even if America wanted to in terms of resources it's almost impossible. As the Iranians themselves know the Americans can't do to Iran what they did to Iraq - which is partly why they're pursuing their goal of getting a nuke.

Anyway it's pointless debating this with you. European anti-Semites are big fans of the Iranian president as we'll see from the neo-Nazi thugs marching in support of Iran at the World Cup...
    European anti-Semites

This coming from a well recognised hardline Zionist extremist ideologue who can do no more than parrot the propaganda of his preferred right wing spinmeisters.

Youre every bit the intractible, tactless bigot as those you condemn (and with far less historical legitimacy for your own claims than they who rightfully seek to defend themselves against the machinations of Washington and Tel Aviv).

You and lukish must be joined at the hip! :lol:
    European anti-Semites are big fans of the Iranian president as we'll see from the neo-Nazi thugs marching in support of Iran at the World Cup...

Escuse me but I'm not an anti-Semite. I do admire Ahmadinejad though. Great man.
    turlough wrote:
    Escuse me but I'm not an anti-Semite. I do admire Ahmadinejad though. Great man.

:lol: If you admire somebody who wants to wipe Israel off the map and denies the Holocaust (but wants a Middle Eastern one) you're anti-Semitic. (Or are you going to try and tell me neo-Nazis fetishising Hitler and just think he's a 'great man' aren't anti-Semites...)

There's several instances of your anti-Semitism on here. The most recent was some bollocks about Jews controlling the media and the whole war on terrorism being a Jewish plot...
    turlough wrote:

Quite. Whilst I recognise that he is a nasty bit of work, you have to admire him for his stand against the West and Israel. At least he isn't a coward and won't back down.

And as for these Neo-Nazi marches in support of Iran, they will hopefully support HAMAS too, 'cos the Klan endorsed HAMAS's actions.

Ooh, Klan Approved Terrorism. So as well as US funding of the IRA, the Klan supports HAMAS. So much for Bush's "War on Terror", eh?
    :lol: If you admire somebody who wants to wipe Israel off the map and denies the Holocaust (but wants a Middle Eastern one) you're anti-Semitic. (Or are you going to try and tell me neo-Nazis fetishising Hitler and just think he's a 'great man' aren't anti-Semites...)

I admire him because he has the balls to stick up to the wanks on the other side of the Atlantic.

I don't like the idea of the State of Israel not because I hate Jews but because I support the people of Palestine, always have, always will.
    the whole war on terrorism being a Jewish plot...

I never said that.
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Ooh, Klan Approved Terrorism. So as well as US funding of the IRA, the Klan supports HAMAS. So much for Bush's "War on Terror", eh?

The KKK doesn't really exist any more. It's got a few thousand members at most, many aren't active and apart from the odd march they're just a few loons confined mainly to the internet it seems.
    turlough wrote:
    I never said that.

You said...
    turlough wrote:
    It's benefits Zionism more to get people worked up over Al Qaeda than it does the IRA so their antics in the Middle East can be excused better, and with Zionists having a strong influence over the media, they can do this easily.
    Yeh and that doesn't mean I think the war on terror is a Jewish plot, just that I think they use their influence over the media to get people more worked up over it so it helps excuse America's actions in the middle East which benefits Israel in many ways.
    Turlough, you need not defend yourself against Dis' stock in trade "anti-semite" accusations. He is merely amongst latest generation in a generations long hand-me-down succession of extremist, apartheid-loving, (truly anti-semitic) apologists for an exceptionalist neo-colonialist state, whose entire worldview is based on falsified, whitewashed history of the region.

Support for the rightful Palestinian inhabitants of the land (including those hundreds of thousands driven out by force and acts of Irgun and Haganah terrorism) is indeed the most pro-semitic (not to mention intellectually honest and morally consistent) stance one can adopt.
    ^
    Very moving Clan. I must say I have missed your politics posts recently. Although are you making a reappearance to the Sex forum? Or did you realise that it's a tad distasteful for a 45 year old to talk in depth to teenagers about when he wants oral sex, what turns him on and his favourite positions?

Anyway, is somebody who defends a well known anti-Semite like Hitler anti-Semitic?
    Anyway, is somebody who defends a well known anti-Semite like Hitler anti-Semitic?

Who's defending Hitler?
    turlough wrote:
    Who's defending Hitler?

You've defended Ahmadinejad. Like Hitler, he's a rabid anti-Semite. Although Ahmadinejad thinks the Holocaust is a 'myth' - he has said a real Holocaust would be an excellent idea...
    Spouting more lies again in your sad effort to avoid confronting the truth of your own truly anti-semitic extremist bigotry, Dis? There seems to be no depth to which you wont sink to weasel attention away from the glaring intellectual dishonesty of your hand-me-down world view.

I would love to see evidence of your snide accusation. I know for a fact that my last post in the Sex Forums was a single post in 2004 with none since that time. I also happen to be 41 not 45 so try to stick to political discussions in this forum however difficult that may be for one so full of evasive dodges as yourself.

Thanks.
    You've defended Ahmadinejad. Like Hitler, he's a rabid anti-Semite. Although Ahmadinejad thinks the Holocaust is a 'myth' - he has said a real Holocaust would be an excellent idea...

You throw the word anti-Semite about so much you'd think you own it. Oh just call them an anti-Semite and that means I'm right. :rolleyes:
    Honestly Turlough, you'll get nowhere discussing JDL and AIPAC-scripted soundbites with Dis. His excuses for Israeli atrocities against Palestinians paints him as the true anti-semite in these sorts of discussions.
    WARNING!WARNING! Thread diversion in progressWARNING!WARNING!
    :D
    migpilot wrote:
    WARNING!WARNING! Thread diversion in progressWARNING!WARNING!
    :D
    :p
    I would love to see evidence of your snide accusation.

No problem.

Clan on oral sex:
    I love giving oral and I love the taste too. I dont think I can ever give enough.
    Clicky.

Clan on anal sex:
    Id suggest you just suggest it when your in the heat of passion (perhaps when you are telling each other fantasies and such) and see what her reaction to the idea is. If you are both drunk i would think she just might be game to try it.
    Clicky.

And er I think we've had enough already...
    I also happen to be 41 not 45 so try to stick to political discussions in this forum however difficult that may be for one so full of evasive dodges as yourself.

Okay. Would somebody who defends a well known anti-Semite like Hitler be anti-Semitic?
    Honestly Turlough, you'll get nowhere discussing JDL and AIPAC-scripted soundbites with Dis.

I can only assume you're getting the ADL and JDL confused...I support the ADL and I actually share their disdain for the JDL. (I admire Rabin, I supported the Gaza withdrawal, I support further withdrawals from the West Bank like Kadima - er I'm hardly a JDL supporter. Anyway I don't even think the JDL has a presence in Europe, does it even have anything outside NY?) And er I don't think I've ever discussed my religious background on here either but I'd imagine you'd need to be a religious Jew to join the JDL which I am not.
    His excuses for Israeli atrocities against Palestinians paints him as the true anti-semite in these sorts of discussions.

Classic. You never condemn anti-Semitism you just argue pathetically and clutch at straws over the origins of the word. Assuming the dictionary definition, that is of hostility, prejudice or hatred to Jews is it even within you to condemn the Iranian president?
    I'd like to say at this point my av is only due to the world cup sweepstakes in the sports forum...
    I'd love to know what the fuck someone posts in the sex boards has to do with a debate on Iran, outside of people thinking insulting or trying to humilate others is a way to debate issues.

FOR EVERYONE

You can surely manage, assuming you don't have the mental age of a water starved cod, to debate this issue without directly insulting each other - so all the snide insults can stop, on all sides, and just stick to putting your point across and if you can't well your views obviously aren't as important to you as scoring points.
    Nice try Dis, but once again, rather than apply the disingenuous practices of your favorite yellow journalistic media mentors, try posting the dates when those comments were made and voila, my previous contention is justified.

Shall we tout out your sexual commentaries from an entirely unrelated forum to hijack this thread further? No, those of us with intellectual consistency and some measure of maturity recognise the irrelevance of such pathetic dodge tactics.

As if an extremist apologist for Israeli ethnocide is in any position to lecture anyone on morality! :lol:

Keep weaving and dodging boy, one day the awful truth of your immoral and misinformed ideology will catch up with you.
    See that's the kind of snide, childish garbage that isn't of a high enough standard. Be the bigger man, stop this tirade of insults and talk about the issues, facts and views.
    You never condemn anti-Semitism

Au contraire little man, I condemn true Anti-Semitism vehemently. It's you who chooses to ignore the true semitism of the Palestinian and indeed entire Arab population of the region and thereby the wholly ANTI-semitic policies of systematic ethnocide, daily abuse and dehumanisation inherent to your adopted and unscrutinised extremist ideology.

Oh and I made no confusion between JDL and ADL (although I did fail to include the ADL as I should have). All such organisations are a plague on the true Judaic teachings of social justice and are nothing more than neo-naziistic enterprises for another form of exceptionalistic group superiority mindset. That you support them despite their well known fascist practices of blacklists, character smears, false press, et al. (even demonstrably adopting their practices yourself in this very thread) shows your periodic avowals of support for democratic principle are entirely false.

Perhaps when you can fathom the concept of "consistency of principle" youll come to realise that mere claims of Jewishness are nothing more than a smokescreen for Zionist organisations and their most vociferous adherents to hide behind and certainly no shield against the sort of evil intent toward social and political conformity which led to such dispicable suffering generations ago. The parity between them is in their actions, not their claims.

Many intellectually and morally consistent Jews and non-Jews alike recognise Zionism for the evil it has ever been and remains to this day.
This discussion has been closed.