Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

need a rant

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ive been with my boyfriend for almost four months. i try and keep a good balance between seeing him and seeing my friends. the relationship is serious and i love him more than anyone ive ever met. but recently all my friends have stopped inviting me to places coz they think im gonna be with rob, but half the time im not. im normally sat in my room online when another mate says "oh why arent you out with others?". well im not out coz i didnt fucking no about it,

sorry just needed a rant!

why dont they invite me out anymore? they all get on with my bf really well, so it doesnt make sense.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Unfortunatly it happend sometimes when you get a partner and spend time with them... Sometimes friends can feel a bit jealous (or however you spell that) and tend to think you rather stay with him so why bother...
    Frankly they should understand that you are in love and that you want to spend time with your man as well...
    If it continues just have a chat with them about it...
    Talking can often fix a lot of troubles..
    well the flat that there at (the one over the hall, which takes the piss even more) the girls on msn but her status is away. i found out about this little gathering coz they tried sneeking into my flat to borrow a corkscrew, without me knowin, but i heard them.
    to be fair, im feelin quite pissed off right now, especially seein as i suggested a girls nite last nite and no one wanted to know
    well the flat that there at (the one over the hall, which takes the piss even more) the girls on msn but her status is away. i found out about this little gathering coz they tried sneeking into my flat to borrow a corkscrew, without me knowin, but i heard them.
    to be fair, im feelin quite pissed off right now, especially seein as i suggested a girls nite last nite and no one wanted to know

That is quite cheeky and the type of thing that would piss me off too. I was gonna suggest you arrange some nights with them but it seems you've already tried.
    Hum... seems like your friends are acting a bit weird on that one, can see what you are pissed off at the moment... How close are you to them?
    very close, they are my best mates at uni, im living with them next year
    Even more reason to be pissed off then... Only thing I ca think of is to have a chat with them about it... And when people are away on msn it doesn't always mean they are really away... Some people forget to change it back and some just put it not to be bothered too much...
    ive been speakin to them on msn, they know im pissed off with them, then they said why dont you come round? even though i want to go and join in, i wont because a)im very stubborn b) a matter of principle, they should have invited me earlier c) im in my pjs
    Yep sounds good enough reason to stay at yours, rest, calm down, have a sleep and deal with this tomorrow...
    Oh golly, I know EXACTLY what you mean.

I'm in my first relationship ever, we've been going out for nearly a year, and my "friends" act like this too. I dont understand why they cant be happy for me. 2 of them dont like him either, which makes matters worse.

They don't invite me to stuff anymore, and dont understand that I only get to see him on Fridays. They think I'm always with him.

The other annoying thing is that they always drink when they hang out, and I have a personal problem about drinking and drunk people, and going to random parties. I dont want to be responsible for them screwing themselves up.

However, 2 of them dont understand why I wont get drunk, and dont understand why I wont tell them. My actual good friend told me they (the 2) were thinking about spiking my drink to get me drunk. I am not happy.

So I've moved on to not bothering about hanging with them. I'd rather hang with other friends who are nice to him and who understand without being bitches.

I hate girls