Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

*depressed sigh*

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Recently my sex life has turned down a bit. I'll spare you the details, but it boils down to a lot less attention / rarrr / lets have sex to a lot more 'i'm tired', or watching tv, etc. I feel like I'm in a married couple. Whilst this is only a mild-ish problem, it's kind of a symptom of less affection recently. It's bothering me.

So, how do I kick start the sex? We did tonight, then were going to go again but she changed her mind. Then I threw a little fuss up about it :p and she said she wanted to, but certainly didn't give that impression.

Just when you think you understand women, it just gets confusing.

Comments

• Options
    how long have you been together?

after nearly 4 years my gf and my sex life is going down hill, although some of it is due to exams/coursework and stuff, which is totally understandable. it's possible to attribute her decreasing sex drive partially to the pill too, as that's a possible side effect. affection's still very much there, just not the sex :(

I suggest tying her up and having your way with her (if she's into that of course) might be fun! but, these things are usually due to other things, like stress, and too much work etc. ask her :)
  • Options
    Well if she still wants it then maybe it is how your going about it. I know even when I want sex and my boyfriend apporaches it in a way that i don't think I won't do it no matter how bad I may want it. But when we kiss with tons of passion and he touches me and talk to me I can never say no even if I didn't want it. Are you leaving enough time for foreplay
  • Options
    Heh, its more the thing that before we'd both be up for it but now she seems... disinterested? Might be stress, we both do have exams on at the moment. Things are a bit weird because she was unfaithful recently and we're past that hurdle now, but if I mention anything to her she'll apologise profusely. She used to say things to me when we were clothed / out and about like 'fuck me' in my ear, but now she doesn't seem that bothered...

..and because she doesnt seem bothered its not much motivation to 'tie her up' or do anything exciting. I just like to sit here feeling sorry for myself. It's not just the sex, its affection in general kinda. We are a lot like an old married couple at the minute. I wanna be an old married couple with loads of passion.

We've been going out very nearly 2 years. Been thinking whether our time is up. Would be inconvenient with a) our anniversary coming up b) a holiday together coming up. I'm hoping this is just a temporary blip.
  • Options
    hope so- without noticing it conciously, exams can cause stress and generally rubbishness that could cause it. and if she cheated on you, she's probably still feeling reaaally guilty about it.

I'd ask her what's up to be honest, ask her if she can have a think about what she thinks the problem might be, then talk to you about it :yes:
  • Options
    Give her a break! You've both got exams, as you say, so get on with those to start with. Then, when they're out of the way, use the holiday together to get your sex life going once again.

Of course, as she's been unfaithful, this may raise a more serious issue. Does she still find you sexually attractive? If the answer is no, you're in trouble.
  • Options
    Well maybe she feels ashamed about cheating. I know when I feel ashamed of myself for anything i have no interest in sex or any kind of physical attention. Maybe she hasn't gotten past that and it is making her feel uncomfortable sexually
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Give her a break! You've both got exams, as you say, so get on with those to start with. Then, when they're out of the way, use the holiday together to get your sex life going once again.

Of course, as she's been unfaithful, this may raise a more serious issue. Does she still find you sexually attractive? If the answer is no, you're in trouble.

You see, I think she does, but I need to get her in the mood. Then she'll start getting turned on and rubbing her hands over my chest etc. etc. but before then she's just... disinterested. I might give her a little space, it's not that I'll pressure her or anything, just sometimes she gives the impression she might like to... then forgets about it (i.e. pretend we're watching TV she'll rub my over my trousers and then thats it).

Its a bit annoying because afterwards she usually ends up saying sorry, and it's not that I want her to be sorry, I'd prefer she just relaxed and was really happy with me, sex or no sex. But when she gives a bit of mixed signals and then gets upset, it gets to me. When we had sex tonight, because things have been topsy turvy, I didn't enjoy it as much because I was worrying whether it was ok, in a way.

I dunno, her cheating on me upset me obviously but I think it's also knocked my confidence back that I didn't notice, and now I'm a bit less confident I won't 'sweep her off her feet' so then she doesn't really seem bothered. But surely if I was that sexy then she'd think that whether I was trying to be or not? I know in the morning when she's got sleep in her eyes and her hairs a mess she's just sex on legs!
  • Options
    Its a bit annoying because afterwards she usually ends up saying sorry, and it's not that I want her to be sorry, I'd prefer she just relaxed and was really happy with me, sex or no sex. But when she gives a bit of mixed signals and then gets upset, it gets to me. When we had sex tonight, because things have been topsy turvy, I didn't enjoy it as much because I was worrying whether it was ok, in a way.

I know in the morning when she's got sleep in her eyes and her hairs a mess she's just sex on legs!
    Here's one suggestion - things don't always have to lead to sex. If she starts rubbing your trousers, let her carry on doing that for a while. It doesn't HAVE to lead to any bedroom action. Basically, just take things slowly. If you go off to bed every time, soon it becomes predictable, maybe even boring. Variety should spice things up. ;)

As for her being "sex on legs" in the morning - have you ever told her that? Could be very flattering for her, to say the least.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Here's one suggestion - things don't always have to lead to sex. If she starts rubbing your trousers, let her carry on doing that for a while. It doesn't HAVE to lead to any bedroom action. Basically, just take things slowly. If you go off to bed every time, soon it becomes predictable, maybe even boring. Variety should spice things up. ;)

As for her being "sex on legs" in the morning - have you ever told her that? Could be very flattering for her, to say the least.

Well, I don't necessarily try to take things further, just I suppose I expect them to, but she kinda leaves it there. Maybe thats all she wanted, or maybe she changed her mind. I'm always telling her lovely she looks. I feel a bit weird because this guy who she was unfaithful with... well they were flirting before anything happened and he used to tell her all the time she looked beautiful. I felt a bit like an echo, after she was in a good mood because he'd been doting on her then I was just like... 'errr your hair looks nice today'.

Holiday should be fun, even if we don't get along my brothers over in Thailand and he's said I can go out on the bike :). Right now I'm talking to one of my female friends and getting on with her arguably better. Not because me and my girlfriend row, just because it feels really stagnant and un-loving even, yet my friends are all relaxed and the 'love' so to speak is free-flowing, not like artificial 'I love yous' because that's what you're used to saying. Whatever happened to the days when you got wrapped up in emotion and said it before you realised what you'd said, and then went completely red..
  • Options
    Have you tried just asking her why she has been acting that way
  • Options
    Well we spoke about it about three weeks ago or so, and she said she was so worried about upsetting me that she didn't want to do anything that might upset me. Last night I was a bit disheartened I think, this morning I feel better - but it's still there. It's not a fundamental problem with us but more a recurring issue that things just seem to go wrong. Its often a case of me worrying about her so she worries about me so i worry about her etc. etc. (but different ones starting it off).

I really do want a cuddle from her at the minute though because they are so amazing! At least she still gives me lots of cuddles all the time :)
  • Options
    exams wouldn't stop me from wanting to have sex, how peculiar.
  • Options

Yeah i agree, sometimes i get so stressed i just cry because i think i'm going to fail and nothing seems to sink in, but then when my bouyfriend comes around all those worries are gone and all i want is to be close to him, not as far away as possible and no sex.

Does seem a little weird but i suppose everybody is different. Maybe it is still guilt from her cheating, or maybe there is something else she isn't telling you.
  • Options
    people are effected by exam stress in different ways - i have a whole week of exams this week, i had sex at the weekend - as it's relaxing and takes your mind of stuff. But i don't think i'd want like this week or at a time when i have loads of exams because i want to stay focused and concentrate on getting them out of the way.
    Maybe this goes deeper....but i'd wait till her exams are done and see if things improve.
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    people are effected by exam stress in different ways - i have a whole week of exams this week, i had sex at the weekend - as it's relaxing and takes your mind of stuff. But i don't think i'd want like this week or at a time when i have loads of exams because i want to stay focused and concentrate on getting them out of the way.
    Maybe this goes deeper....but i'd wait till her exams are done and see if things improve.

i get stressed too, believe me. tired and everything too.

but having sex doesn't stop my concentration for the rest of the week!
  • Options
    This thread disturbs me greatly.

Am i the only one that remembers Shyboy when he was like 14!? :eek2:
  • Options
    LacyMay wrote:

shyboy is 14. :yes: ;)
  • Options
    LacyMay wrote:

I remember when I was 14....

Anyway, we did have a talk about stuff, not sure what is happening though. She said for the past couple of weeks she's just been fed up with sex - it doesn't feel special anymore. Have to kinda agree with her, there is a kinda tension between us.

If only I had something I could concentrate on slowly.
  • Options
    Is this the girl who's never had an orgasm?
  • Options
    yus....
  • Options
    Might that be part of it...is she wondering whether sex could be better...?
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:
    Might that be part of it...is she wondering whether sex could be better...?

I dont know, we did talk about it, and it seemed it wasn't the actual sex, it was just the comfort level between us sometimes, it's like we're tensed up and she doesn't enjoy it so much because we're not 'on the same level'. But when we are, i.e. have a nice evening together where we don't worry about anything, she enjoys herself. It's just these days those kind of evenings are rare, because even when we make time for ourselves something seems to get in the way (i.e. bad day).

Going to see her after work tonight, hopefully should be ok... just need to try to relax really.
  • Options
    Not trying to be funny but at your age you shouldn't be having relationships that complicated, you should just be having fun.

Sounds mucho depressing.
  • Options
    LacyMay wrote:
    Not trying to be funny but at your age you shouldn't be having relationships that complicated, you should just be having fun.

Sounds mucho depressing.

I agree! That's why I want to sort it out or move on, and I've spoke to her and got the idea across that's where I am now after all the trouble recently, but - and this is peculiar - she won't speak. She just sits there and won't say a word. I say to her, what does she want to say, and she just... says nothing. It's really weird, like I'm having conversations with myself. I've told her to her face I'm seriously considering whether we're better off single... almost no reaction. She did say she likes spending time with me... but I don't know. I said just as I was leaving that if she worked out what she wanted to say that I was here to listen. She didn't say anything though! (she's not completely mute, but she'll talk about things like holidays, TV etc.)
  • Options
    as much as i hate to say - i think maybe its time to move on here :(
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    as much as i hate to say - i think maybe its time to move on here :(

Maybe... but she's coming round tomorrow and maybe that will be a turning point? Or a nail in the coffin. I am the ultimate in putting things off. I won't let it be stupid though, like my last girlfriend who didn't see me for three weeks then hung out with me and told me she didn't love me anymore. Mind you, she had asked beforehand how I'd react if she broke up with me.

Anyone for a rebound? :shocking: (just kidding, in case people think im a weird pervert)
  • Options
    I think no matter how old you are relationships are alwways complicated and diffcult. I know from experience struggling in a relationship when i was only 16 but I got through it and we're still together and very happy
  • Options
    Just an update folks. Today actually went really well, I think it's part cos she told me last night she was a bit fed up, so it wasn't like she was hiding it. (in the end we did end up having sex anyway :p) but because I was worried she'd be uncomfortable if i tried anything, i didn't, and we both had a good time do normal stuff.

We spent 6 hours on rollercoaster tycoon 3 :|

Well she did, I watched. She hogs the mouse something wicked.

Good to have things going in the right direction again :)
  • Options
    nice to hear things are working out better 4 u
  • Options
    If I may ask, what was she fed up with?

I read that and went "Oh no! They've broken up! :("

Good to see you havent :)