Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Accomodation question

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Ok, both my firm and insurance choices are at Manchester Met, and both are in very similar courses; 'criminology and sociology' and 'criminology and contemporary culture'. I've sorted my accomodation out, which is ofcourse for my firm choice, however if I dont get my firm choice, do you think I would still get my accommdation even though it would be for my insurance choice, or would they take it away from me and make me reapply?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    most likely you will still get it.
    though, you need to check with the university accomodation office to make sure.
  • Options
    I'll call them eventually, I just dont want them to say no :( i'd hate to have to find some private accommodation, especially when i'd have halls in the bag, would ruin my uni experience :banghead:
  • Options
    Are both courses in the same department? Is the grades offer very different on each?
  • Options
    The courses are both in the same department, their both very similar, half the course content for both is the same, plus the grades are almost identical but slightly higher for my firm choice.
  • Options
    I'll call them eventually, I just dont want them to say no :( i'd hate to have to find some private accommodation, especially when i'd have halls in the bag, would ruin my uni experience :banghead:
    if i were you i wouldn't put off calling them. if the answer is no (doubt it would be though - but you never know...) then you are going to need to find private accomodation - and at most universities the "good" and "nice" places to live get taken up pretty quickly... and the shit private accomodation usually is the only accomodation which remains avaliable for people leaving it too late. - least thats what its like where i am. so you really do need to know.
  • Options
    oooo which halls have you applied for? Im at MMU. I'm pretty sure s'long as you get in you wont have to reapply for accom.
  • Options
    Ok, both my firm and insurance choices are at Manchester Met, and both are in very similar courses; 'criminology and sociology' and 'criminology and contemporary culture'. I've sorted my accomodation out, which is ofcourse for my firm choice, however if I dont get my firm choice, do you think I would still get my accommdation even though it would be for my insurance choice, or would they take it away from me and make me reapply?

I really doubt that you will have to reapply for accomadation. IMO, accomadation offices like to keep things as simple for themselves as possible.

Phone them and ask.

Good luck, I hope you get the grades you need. Manc is one funky city.

cq