Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Girls: Bellies on display

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    its been a rule i've followed since i've been about 14 - but i rarely show either :P
    just a dressing up rule
    my_name wrote:
    Breast is the tastiest and easiest to grill. BBQ sauce :yum:

Breast is best!

I show both on occasion though, I hate fashion "rules" like that. It's not as if I try and keep my tartiness under wraps anyway :p
    briggi wrote:
    Breast is best!

I show both on occasion though, I hate fashion "rules" like that. It's not as if I try and keep my tartiness under wraps anyway :p

Do you wear black socks and sandals with shorts? :yum:;)
    You know it... I pioneered those fashion statements. You want me, right? :flirt:
    briggi wrote:
    You know it... I pioneered those fashion statements. You want me, right? :flirt:

Rawr :heart:

I've got a fanny pack you could borrow :blush: :flirt:
    my_name wrote:

"Fanny pack" lol sounds so much sexier than a bum bag! haha
    "Fanny pack" lol sounds so much sexier than a bum bag! haha

I know! I'm quite tempted by that offer... :chin:
    It's the same with miniskirts and little shorts - just because they make it in your size, doesn't mean you have to wear it. I'm a size 14 with not particularly nice thighs, and I keep them covered, for the benefit of all humanity :D[/QUOTE]

i am size 12-14 and i wear skirts out and i dont think my tights are all bad true i go to the gym that morn so they all toned but stil size 14 havnt no reason to have body hang ups
    Ya bunch of prudes :p
    melanie wrote:
    i cant get peoples obsessions with what other people look like (not aimed at ilora by the way) If you like it ware it if you dont then dont, if someone is waring something then they obviously like how it looks so why should it matter if you dont?
    This is gonna sound really weird, but hear me out....

People are offended by people smoking in public.
    People are also offended by porkers getting their jiggly bellies out, in public.

If we can ban one, why can't be ban the other :lol:;)

The reason it bothers me so much, is because it hurts my eyes to see fat people flaunting their rolls :lol:

People are also offended by porkers getting their jiggly bellies out, in public.

The reason it bothers me so much, is because it hurts my eyes to see fat people flaunting their rolls :lol:

Same here, though I'm always afraid how bad I'll sound saying it to people I don't much know. I'm hardly the thinnest and really don't care one way or the other if somebody is big or little. But its true. I saw a woman, probably 5'6... couldn't have been under 250... wearing a spagetti strap top that was too short with the boobs popping out the top and the sides and pants that I couldn't of even fit into... at a resturant, not something most people want to see. There may be people out there that like that, but not me.

As Lisa said, just cuz they make it in your size doesn't mean you have to wear it.

High five and big props to obvious excelent self esteem, but like all things, theres a limit.
    my_name wrote:

To me "fanny pack" sounds like something to do with feminine hygiene products!

I noticed that girls seem to be wearing long tops this summer, that finish 3-4 inches beneath the top of their trousers. I think this is quite flattering on most shapes and sizes.
    Thing is the cleavage or legs rule is fine, but if u hate ya legs and not got a decent cleavage ya a bit buggered.

I dont wear cropped t-shirts for the main reason that other people with think its trashy. But i like wearing short t-shirts and low cut jeans because my belly is the only part of me that i like.
    Arfurmow wrote:
    why is it always the porkers that show too much wobbly belly? its disgusting.

its the "i dont care what people think of me, i will wear what i feel good in" attitude.

makes me feel sick, personally.

Let the fit girls have that attitude, everyone else cover up please

:lol: well if its going to save your vision...
    briggi wrote:
    It's the age old rule - breast, or thigh? :naughty:;)

I wish my friends would follow that rule. Every time we go out they wear short skirts AND belly out AND cleavage out. It's just too much.
    I think it looks awful. I don't understand why girls do it. About 80% of the time, the girls I see do it don't even have nice bellies. They are all big, flabby and hanging out.

I personally, never do it. If I had a stupidly flat, toned stomach, I still wouldn't do it.
    Well this all begs the question, why is "fat" so offensive to people? It's only flesh, after all, and the most natural state you could be in is your birthday suit ;)

Moreso on women than men, I find the whole soft curves idea a really attractive one. So maybe it's purely the fact that they're pinching it in with too tight clothes so that it hangs over and looks a bit strange... hmmm.
    briggi wrote:
    Well this all begs the question, why is "fat" so offensive to people? It's only flesh, after all, and the most natural state you could be in is your birthday suit ;)

Moreso on women than men, I find the whole soft curves idea a really attractive one. So maybe it's purely the fact that they're pinching it in with too tight clothes so that it hangs over and looks a bit strange... hmmm.
    Because people find healthy people attractive, and being fat makes someone look unhealthy, as does being very thin. It doesn't necessarily mean they are, but having big muscles doesn't automatically make someone strong either.
    Yeah, I understand that.

But then again "healthy" didn't used to mean thin... or even "slim" by today's standards. What about when men were attracted to the corseted figure... yeah sure it was slim, but it was hardly healthy for the woman being squeezed within an inch of her life.

Surely if health was the key point then we'd all go for the same people; you know the ones, who look like they just escaped from the Olympic arena. But we don't, or at least we don't all get them. Ah well, just more evidence for the "someone for everyone" theory I suppose ;)
    briggi wrote:
    Yeah, I understand that.

But then again "healthy" didn't used to mean thin... or even "slim" by today's standards. What about when men were attracted to the corseted figure... yeah sure it was slim, but it was hardly healthy for the woman being squeezed within an inch of her life.
    Yeah, but breast implants don't mean that a girl is able to take care of a baby better, but it still pushes the right buttons.
    Well maybe, but slim people being attractive is a social construct. It's culturally and historically specific; in other cultures and eras fat people are/have been considered the more attractive.

Interesting, no?
    Miffy wrote:
    Well maybe, but slim people being attractive is a social construct. It's culturally and historically specific; in other cultures and eras fat people are/have been considered the more attractive.

Interesting, no?
    Because in many cultures, being fat was associated with being rich.
    \
    sophia wrote:
    It's all about looking rich. When there was no food, and peasants had to work outdoors, it was fashionable to be a bit fatter and to have pale skin, as that signified that you were rich.

Now that there's plenty of food and the lowest socio-economic groups are the ones with the highest levels of obesity, it's fashionable to be thin, and also tanned, as it shows you can afford to go abroad all the time.

As a pale skinned, curvy woman, it's a tragedy I was born in the time I was...a few hundred years ago I would have been a fashion icon, now I'm just destined to feel inadequate and unattractive because I'm not a size 8. :impissed:
    That's probably about right actually. But I would say that back then, there would've been far more emphasis on getting a girl who would be a good mother, or someone your parents would approve of. I think nowadays, people put far more emphasis on themselves, so blokes go for girls purely on how much they find them attractive. But equally, I suppose social status is a still pretty important.
    That's probably about right actually. But I would say that back then, there would've been far more emphasis on getting a girl who would be a good mother, or someone your parents would approve of. I think nowadays, people put far more emphasis on themselves, so blokes go for girls purely on how much they find them attractive. But equally, I suppose social status is a still pretty important.

I read a book which said:

Men like a flat stomach on a woman because it signifies that she is not pregnant and carrying another mans child.

They like curvy hips because it shows they can carry a child and it is different to their own shape.

Breasts as they nurture a child.

Faces similar to babies (pouty lips, big eyes, small nose)

If that's true, it all comes down to nature and the urge to reproduce.
    PussyKatty wrote:
    If that's true, it all comes down to nature and the urge to reproduce.
    Well of course, assuming that the man bases his choice purely on his natural urges. In real life, though, social aspects come into it as well. That's before you get onto actual personality (yes men do actually consider this......sometimes :p).
    sophia wrote:
    As a pale skinned, curvy woman, it's a tragedy I was born in the time I was...a few hundred years ago I would have been a fashion icon, now I'm just destined to feel inadequate and unattractive because I'm not a size 8. :impissed:

"If I had been around when Rubens was painting, I would have been revered
    as a fabulous model. Kate Moss? Well, she would have been the paint
    brush..." - Dawn French
    \
    Well of course, assuming that the man bases his choice purely on his natural urges. In real life, though, social aspects come into it as well. That's before you get onto actual personality (yes men do actually consider this......sometimes :p).

Aye, I often wonder how much the whole "carrying on your lineage/wanting a fertile woman" is true, or at least how much it comes into play these days. Maybe more subconsciously than consciously... as consciously I think it's only natural to want to have a bit of arm candy. Especially when we're younger (and invariably dickheads) :lol: