Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

"seeing" someone

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
what are peoples definitions on seeing someone,

like dating someone or not?

basically i'm just asking for peoples different definitions

Comments

• Options
    My definition is the getting to know eachother stage. Nicest stage in my opinion.
  • Options
    'seeing someone' in my opinion is the getting to know you phase, where you feel more than friends and you think they feel the same but not been officially asked out...oh i love that phase....then it changes to 'going out'..well in my head anyways lol.

Oh thats put me in a 'lovey dovey' mood
  • Options
    hehe... well mine not exactly the lovey dovey stage i dont think.
    its nice, but not lovey dovey.

just slept with a girl a few times, and now apparently we're seeing each other.......
    so does that change any definitions?
  • Options
    By the word apparently sounds like a one way thing. You not interested?
  • Options
    its not that
    she's nice and everything and we get along, just i dont think i'm ready for a "proper" relationship again..whatever they might be...
  • Options
    eh? wrote:
    its not that
    she's nice and everything and we get along, just i dont think i'm ready for a "proper" relationship again..whatever they might be...

Maybe you should talk to her about it? She might feel the same, you never know.
  • Options
    'Seeing each other' to me refers to getting closer, but not actually being an item yet. It is a nice stage, but I don't feel that it is the best in my opinion, but everyone, and every relationship is different. The best stage for me, is the one I'm in at the mo quite possibly, which is the stage which we both know each quite well, and can kinda read each others minds by using eyes, pitch of voice, things we say etc.
  • Options
    To me, the "seeing each other" stage is the stage before the whole boyfriend/girlfriend stage. Its a nice stage. Lots of things to learn about each other and you can have lots of fun :)
  • Options
    For me it is usually when I have my eyes open and someone pass in front of me... I am then "seeing someone"...
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Maybe you should talk to her about it? She might feel the same, you never know.

:yes: the thing is that unless you actually believe yourself to be in a relationship with this girl then there could be any number of interpretations of what you actually have going - it might help to talk about what your expectations are. Have fun :)
  • Options
    I posted a topic about this just recently, because I was apparently 'seeing' this guy.

Turned out what it meant was that we were friends, but with the sex too, and a little bit more intimate.

It doesn't mean that anything's in concrete and that you will end up together. Because he didn't want anything to be committed so he could go home for the summer and sleep and be with someone else.
  • Options
    To me it's when you are going out together on dates and getting to know each other on a fairly regular basis. The stage before becoming an item.
  • Options
    i'm so confused..i've been 'seeing' someone for a month..but we've spent almost every night together...we don't hang during the day much..n although i know we're just seeing each other it feels like we should be going out! i think i've been way too clingy, i'm expecting him to text me at least once everyday n stuff...n i get upset when he doesn't!..
    i'm going away for two months n i'm thinking we should end it before i leave...or else i might go crazy n end up being a clingy freak!
  • Options
    tinydancer wrote:
    i'm so confused..i've been 'seeing' someone for a month..but we've spent almost every night together...we don't hang during the day much..n although i know we're just seeing each other it feels like we should be going out! i think i've been way too clingy, i'm expecting him to text me at least once everyday n stuff...n i get upset when he doesn't!..
    i'm going away for two months n i'm thinking we should end it before i leave...or else i might go crazy n end up being a clingy freak!

You, my friend, are in exactly my position. But don't end it!

The guy I'm 'seeing' I've been seeing for 2 months. He's away for 3. He'll still come and see me and stuff but there's no commitment. Just means that maybe we'll continue when he gets back, maybe he won't.
  • Options
    It's quite easy to tell if you're still seeing someone. If someone says "is this your girl/boyfriend?" and you answer "erm......" then you're seeing each other.
  • Options
    It's quite easy to tell if you're still seeing someone. If someone says "is this your girl/boyfriend?" and you answer "erm......" then you're seeing each other.

Yeah.

Also, the way they display their affection in public kinda gives a clue. The guy I'm seeing has no problem around his friends in his flat. But when we're out in town we don't hold hands or anything.
  • Options
    IWishIWas wrote:
    Yeah.

Also, the way they display their affection in public kinda gives a clue. The guy I'm seeing has no problem around his friends in his flat. But when we're out in town we don't hold hands or anything.

hehe,thats like the guy i'm seeing as well. lately he'd kinda been backing off n not being so touchy touchy. n we had a chat today, he says he's not ready for a serious relationship for a long time, n we both decided we'd see how we feel about each other when i got back.
    but i think i should just try my best to get over him cos it's so difficult for me..i get so emotinal n clingy when i like someone...i don't like it,but i can't really help it! :confused:
  • Options
    For me it is usually when I have my eyes open and someone pass in front of me... I am then "seeing someone"...

Now how did i no that you was going to say something like that? lol
  • Options
    "Seeing someone" to me is going on dates with them and maybe sleeping with them, but they are still free to "see" other people and aren't your boyfriend or girlfriend. Then I count dating as the getting-to-know-you stage before going out as bf/gf properly.
  • Options
    To me, your only "seeing" somebody when somebody you kind of like asks you if your dating and you figure you'd rather have the one your with than the other so then your kind of seeing someone.

Seeing somebody never goes without the "kind of" in front of it.
  • Options
    tinydancer wrote:
    hehe,thats like the guy i'm seeing as well. lately he'd kinda been backing off n not being so touchy touchy. n we had a chat today, he says he's not ready for a serious relationship for a long time, n we both decided we'd see how we feel about each other when i got back.
    but i think i should just try my best to get over him cos it's so difficult for me..i get so emotinal n clingy when i like someone...i don't like it,but i can't really help it! :confused:

My situation exactly, chick!
    Let's be emotional and clingy together! Whoo! :thumb:
  • Options
    IWishIWas wrote:
    My situation exactly, chick!
    Let's be emotional and clingy together! Whoo! :thumb:

lol! :D is there such a thing as 'clingers anonymous' ?
  • Options
    tinydancer wrote:

Ha ha! I'd like to think there was! Could come in handy, huh?
  • Options
    tinydancer wrote:

If there is it may well be more related to toilet habits than relationship problems :p

To me seeing someone is the stage where you're probably exclusive and not actively dating other people, but you're not as yet officially "girlfriend and boyfriend". Seems everyone has a different interpretation though, maybe this is why so many relationships fall at the first hurdle... no one's actually sure what they're doing, who they're with etc. Confusion!
  • Options
    IWishIWas wrote:
    Ha ha! I'd like to think there was! Could come in handy, huh?

absolutely!...tips on 'how not to be upset if he doesn't text you for a whole day' will be most welcome! lol!...but we're on a break now, and somehow i don't think we'll be getting back together when i get back...
  • Options
    To me seeing someone is the stage where you're probably exclusive and not actively dating other people, but you're not as yet officially "girlfriend and boyfriend". Seems everyone has a different interpretation though, maybe this is why so many relationships fall at the first hurdle... no one's actually sure what they're doing, who they're with etc. Confusion![/QUOTE
    ]

yeah..i can see your point...everyone has their own views n ideas on 'seeing' someone, and when your view differs from that of the person your 'seeing' it gets pretty confusing and difficult!