Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Girls: Bellies on display

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
l

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I dont really like it either, even when its slim.
    I agree with you totally...i just dont think it looks that good during the day, i dont want to see it particularly. When its done in a pub/bar it can look okay, if done right..but unfortunatley many of the people that do show their belly just dont have the figure for it, in my opinion.
    Looks ok on fit girls, looks horrid on girls with a big belly...
    \
    I was actually just thinking it's becoming less and less popular/common to bare your midriff, strangely enough. It blew up a few years ago didn't it? With the whole appearance of Britney Spears etc. I don't see it so much now, but maybe that's more to do with the places I go etc.

I definitely admire people with the body confidence to bare anything even if it looks questionable (to put it nicely); but I do wonder where they're buying their mirrors from... :chin:
    Just walk round Asda on a day where the sun comes out and it's belly hell. People seem to think that because it's hot, it's okay to walk around without any clothes on, whether or not they look acceptable.

In my opinion, if you've got it, flaunt it. If you haven't, cover it UP. :yuck:
    Personally i don't see a problem with it if it's nice but i do prefer to just see a little rather than lots.
    I do see alot of people at work especially though that really shouldn't be flaunting it. As said above.
    Looks ok on fit girls, looks horrid on girls with a big belly...

:yes:
    It doesn't offend me when people do it, if they are on the larger side I usually smile a little inside since they obviously have a lot of confidence. I don't really think having you're belly button hanging out is attractive on anyone though.

I would never show my belly or wear a mini skirt and I'm just a normal size 10/12, I just don't have the nerve to.

I think tops are starting to get longer recently, think it has something to do with those big belts being in fashion. Long tops get the thumbs up from me!
    JamesZero wrote:
    :yes:

Well... surely if the larger lady has to cover up her stomach then so do 60 year old beer-bellied men who wander around the pub/town/beach/supermarket/garden centre/bus station/other with their saggy, flaccid, tattooed, sun-crisped, grey-hair tufted, freaky-nippled chests on display at the first peek of sunshine.

Offensive in the extreme :p
    I think it looks slutty and trashy on everybody.
    Are we talking about full bellies out in crop tops or bits of belly that show when t shirts ride up? Coz I'd be guilty of the latter sometimes... :blush:
    I personally can't stand it when girls with bellies wear low cut jeans (with the added bonus of a muffin top) wear t-shirts 3 inches too short. You might as well get it all out.... :yuck:
    briggi wrote:
    Well... surely if the larger lady has to cover up her stomach then so do 60 year old beer-bellied men who wander around the pub/town/beach/supermarket/garden centre/bus station/other with their saggy, flaccid, tattooed, sun-crisped, grey-hair tufted, freaky-nippled chests on display at the first peek of sunshine.

Offensive in the extreme :p

Well... ok I agree...

I one day aspier to be one of them, so when the time comes... I will hide it as not to offend people! :D
    Are we talking about full bellies out in crop tops or bits of belly that show when t shirts ride up? Coz I'd be guilty of the latter sometimes... :blush:

That happens to me too, but thats cuz somebody (obvioulsy not me :p) cannot dry my clothes proplery and they all shrink.

:heart: the oversized hoodie :p
    Pretty much guilty.

It's not a deliberate thing. I don't go out of my way to show my stomach. And most of the time I don't even show it.

I just wear my jeans on my hips which tends to show a bit of flesh. But the t-shirt always covers the belly button. I'd hate to go around showing it off. Yuck!
    IWishIWas wrote:
    Pretty much guilty.

It's not a deliberate thing. I don't go out of my way to show my stomach. And most of the time I don't even show it.

I just wear my jeans on my hips which tends to show a bit of flesh. But the t-shirt always covers the belly button. I'd hate to go around showing it off. Yuck!
    I'm the same but I don't mind showing my belly button in a short top but there's never an occasion to do it unless I'm on holiday in a bikini.
    i dont really care, i dont show my belly off as i dont have the confidence and dont think it would look nice but to people that do have the confidence then i dont see why they shouldnt go for it.
    I personally can't stand it when girls with bellies wear low cut jeans (with the added bonus of a muffin top) wear t-shirts 3 inches too short. You might as well get it all out....

but they cant because somewere a bit further up the page you said they cant do thet either.

i cant get peoples obsessions with what other people look like (not aimed at ilora by the way) If you like it ware it if you dont then dont, if someone is waring something then they obviously like how it looks so why should it matter if you dont?
    i personally don't like it. It looks slutty and it reminds me of chavs. I hate it when men walk about with no top on!! Even if the guy is hot it still puts me off 'cos there all sweaty.

my rule is that if you can see belly button, you can see too much.

nowt wrong with a bit of a gap between items of clothing, so long as we're talking a couple of inches or so, and you're in reasonably good shape.
    kaffrin wrote:
    my rule is that if you can see belly button, you can see too much.

nowt wrong with a bit of a gap between items of clothing, so long as we're talking a couple of inches or so, and you're in reasonably good shape.

Yay!

Everytime you post I like you more and more.
    i haven't really noticed it yet....probably will see more when it gets further into the summer
    i'm a size 8 and i would never show my belly button, even though its pierced. I have a pocket of flab below my belly button and i'm really self concious about it. I don't feel decent if i'm showing my stomach anyway.
    My rule is, either show off your legs, or your clevage - but not both at the same time.
    IWishIWas wrote:
    Yay!

Everytime you post I like you more and more.

:flirt:
    kaffrin wrote:
    :flirt:

:wave:
    why is it always the porkers that show too much wobbly belly? its disgusting.
    Ballerina wrote:
    My rule is, either show off your legs, or your clevage - but not both at the same time.

Very true - excellent rule.

I usually have like 1 inch showing between my top and trousers because they sit lowest on my waist.

I love those long tops they are very fashionable and sassy!!

When i got to the gym (mainly kickboxing) i wear a top that is short at the front (above belly button) but slightly longer at the back (almost normal length) sounds wierd but look nice. (its not like a sudden change in length its is more curvy)

I think that muffin tops and people with flab with any of themselves hanging out is horrible :yuck:

I am a size 8 top and would get my belly out if i was on holiday or wearing a bikini at the beach etc but dont feel the need for it otherwise. I love my belly pierced!
    I thought that was Victoria Beckham's rule from when she gave her top 10 rules to Glamour magazine a couple of months ago? :p
    It's the age old rule - breast, or thigh? :naughty:;)
    Or even just hands?
    briggi wrote:
    It's the age old rule - breast, or thigh? :naughty:;)

Breast is the tastiest and easiest to grill. BBQ sauce :yum: