Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Something that really gets on my tits....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
people who chew with there mouth open! It makes my blood boil!!

Our accountant at work was just sitting near me eaching a french stick and making shite loads of noise about it!

I seriously wanted to grab it out his hand and shove it where the sun dont shine!! ... but then, he does pay my wages! haha

Arggg!!! :mad:

Does it bother anyone else that much?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yea it is annoying, one of my pals is the worst eater in the world, noisy and goes everywhere, we give him so much shit for it.

(im not the best eater in the world, but i try my best)
    I hate it. Urgh. I really don't want to see what you are eating!
    JamesZero wrote:
    people who chew with there mouth open! It makes my blood boil!!

Our accountant at work was just sitting near me eaching a french stick and making shite loads of noise about it!

I seriously wanted to grab it out his hand and shove it where the sun dont shine!! ... but then, he does pay my wages! haha

Arggg!!! :mad:

Does it bother anyone else that much?

Sounds like someone is suffering from pmt ^^^^ :p

Yeah it does bother me, but I find it more annoying when people slurp coffee or breathe loudly.
    \
    sophia wrote:
    It is horrid, but I think sniffing is a far worse crime. I'm usually a peaceful person, but people who sit next to me on the train and sniff repeatedly make me want to resort to violence.

Yes that is bad

I find it annoying also when people are talking on their phone on the train and are just going "ah ha....mmmm...yep...yep....yep....ah ha" its like: have a bloody decent conversation so at least I can be nosey and hear what you're talking about!
    Sounds like someone is suffering from pmt ^^^^ :p

Yep, unfortunatly it's that time of the month... I get so grumpy!! :p
    Yeah i really fuckin hate it when someone does that. Pisses me reet off.
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    it drives me mad, but i dont like it when people chew chewing gum with their mouth open either.

My name is Bunny, and I am a sniffer *clap clap clap*
    (especially at this time of year)
    I wouldn't say I get angry about it; but I do definitely appreciate good table manners/eating etiquette.

What annoys me a LOT (and I've been noticing recently because of hayfever etc) is when people surpress their sneezes into a teeny little 'tish'-style noise instead of a massive ACHOO which anyone with sense knows is the only way to sneeze (while covering your mouth, naturally).. :thumb:
    briggi wrote:
    I wouldn't say I get angry about it; but I do definitely appreciate good table manners/eating etiquette.

What annoys me a LOT (and I've been noticing recently because of hayfever etc) is when people surpress their sneezes into a teeny little 'tish'-style noise instead of a massive ACHOO which anyone with sense knows is the only way to sneeze (while covering your mouth, naturally).. :thumb:

You should meet my mum then, her sneezes are crazy!
    I swear last time she sneezed the roof nearly came off our house! ...and she was at work at the time! :p
    briggi wrote:

YES!!! I have a friend who does that. Its awful, it sounds like a cross between a sneeze and a burp out of her nose. That annoys me loads, it seems those are also the people who sneeze about 15 times in a row too.

I make a big song and dance with sneezing, i like to make them really really loud, it feels better that way.

I have another thing that i hate...its when people talk through their yawn.

I wonder how many people yawned when they read the word "yawn".

I didnt realise how grumpy I am ;)
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    my sneezes are quite small, and people always laugh at them and say 'how cute', but i dont think i could physically do a huge sneeze, it would hurt :blush:
    Bunny_0_ wrote:
    my sneezes are quite small, and people always laugh at them and say 'how cute', but i dont think i could physically do a huge sneeze, it would hurt :blush:

It is not cute! :p

Doesnt it hurt when you stiffle them into a little burp sneeze?
    I don't tolerate bad table manners. If someone's eating in my company in a less than acceptable way, then I will tell them. :razz:
    My sister's the worst. She piles it on her fork and shoves it in at a rate of knots and then starts having a conversation whilst the food tumbles around her mouth spiling out onto the sides of her mouth. :banghead: Foul. She used to have really good table manners, but since she left home years ago, it's all gone to pot :chin:
    I make a big song and dance with sneezing, i like to make them really really loud, it feels better that way.

I'm the same. Me, you and JamesZero's mum should get together sometime, we could probably blow a whole city halfway to the merry old land of Oz :lol:

I think I might be guilty of talkyawning on occasion though, oops.

I'm not too bothered by sniffers, but I hate it when people (men) blow their nose without a tissue. I have an ex who was very guilty of that one, I came very close to vomiting all over him many-a-time. Ew :yuck:
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I find it annoying also when people are talking on their phone on the train and are just going "ah ha....mmmm...yep...yep....yep....ah ha" its like: have a bloody decent conversation so at least I can be nosey and hear what you're talking about!

Oh hell people who talk on the train deserve to be shot. I'm thankful that half way through the journey there is a mile long tunnel that normally gets rid of 'em, till we get to the other side..

AND PEOPLE WHO DONT HAVE THEIR TICKET TO SHOW AT THE FUCKING BARRIER AND BLOCK IT SO NOONE CAN GET BY ARRRGGGHHH :o:o :shocking: :shocking: :banghead: :impissed:
    I have a nice warm glow now... knowing that I have started a thread filled with such hate! :D

Although I do agree about the train ticket people JsT...

Also people who get on the bus... then proceed to spend 10 mins trying to find the change to pay for it!! Why didnt you just sort it out when you stood there waiting 20 mins for the bloody thing to turn up in the first place!!
    JsT wrote:
    AND PEOPLE WHO DONT HAVE THEIR TICKET TO SHOW AT THE FUCKING BARRIER AND BLOCK IT SO NOONE CAN GET BY ARRRGGGHHH :o:o :shocking: :shocking: :banghead: :impissed:

Haha. You don't like that, then?

I thought of another one - people who backwash on drinks. It's worst on car journeys when you're sharing a bottle of water or pop and then they spit some of it back in (accidentally, I presume/hope) so you're thirsty and pissed off for the rest of the journey. Or at least until the next petrol station. Grr.
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I tell you my darling Briggi, it makes ones blood boil. I sometimes just want to shove them out of the way. I agree with the drink thing, and the bus thing, jesus that is so fucking annoying as well. I'm such an angry person, I need a good woman to calm me down...
    Hate it especially in da mornin as it makes me feel sick. my m8 alwayz does it when she stayz at mine YUCK!!
    maybe he has a cold?
    Bunny_0_ wrote:
    i dont think i could physically do a huge sneeze, it would hurt

i have pulled muscles in my chest in the past, such is the force of my sneezes.

i also almost always have at least 3 sneezes in a row. i must be really annoying... :(
    kaffrin wrote:
    i have pulled muscles in my chest in the past, such is the force of my sneezes.

i also almost always have at least 3 sneezes in a row. i must be really annoying... :(

Maybe THATS how I pulled my stomach muscles :chin:
    kaffrin wrote:

Actually its weird isnt it...
    I dont remeber a time I ever sneezed once, I always sneeze twice!
    I just did 3 sneezes in a row! Bit of bogey came out as well! Do i get extra points for that?
    Yes.
    :yippe:
    GoodFella wrote:
    I just did 3 sneezes in a row! Bit of bogey came out as well! Do i get extra points for that?

Snot never comes out when I sneeze :crying: unless i've got a really bad cold, its usually just dust
    Snot never comes out when I sneeze :crying: unless i've got a really bad cold, its usually just dust

Well this was a one off mind ... snot doesnt usually pop out :p
    GoodFella wrote:
    Well this was a one off mind ... snot doesnt usually pop out :p

Oh riiiiight. Backpedalling furiously now so you're not known as thesite.org's snotmonster :thumb:

Those square, red plates on Neighbours really get on my tits. Just so you all know. It's not right!