Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Argh help

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    if my partner wasnt invited I wouldnt go tbh. I think its mean your cousin has put you in this position.

Not really. If she wants (or has to have) a small wedding then it's up to her, not the guests.
    Tweety wrote:
    How do i tell/ask Chris without him getting offended?
    Why would he be offended?
    I think if he'll be offended he'll probably be offended no matter how you put it, and it's one of those things you'll maybe have to judge for yourself how to approach it.

Saying that he might not be bothered that much and you aint got nothing to worry about.

Hope it gets sorted anyway.
    Mist wrote:
    Not really. If she wants (or has to have) a small wedding then it's up to her, not the guests.
    yeah but i wouldnt go. Its up to the bride and groom who they invite for sure, but if you only invite one half of a couple or two parents but not their children for instance, then you have to be prepared that some people who youd really like there, wont come.
    Im not saying its the crime of the century to only invite one half of a couple, but it would put me off going to an occasion.
    Mind you, I generally hate stuff like that anyway.
    i have noticed normally mild mannered and pleasant people turn into crazed lunatics when it comes to weddings. specifically not being invited to them.

personally i (and i assume lots of other people) couldn't give a crap, but all the people i know who've had weddings have had at least one person big stylee fall out with them because they (or their other halves/siblings/children/parents/pets/etc) weren't invited.

so i'd say be honest. but tread carefully :yes:
    Mist wrote:

When you're married or in a long-term relationship then its rude not to invite partners, that's the simple truth. A partnership should be invited, or not. It really does seem to me that the cousin is being spiteful, tbh.

If GWST wasn't invited somewhere I wouldn't go, because if they don't value my partner enough to be there then they obviously don't value me enough to respect my choices.

It is, of course, their choice.
    kaffrin wrote:
    i have noticed normally mild mannered and pleasant people turn into crazed lunatics when it comes to weddings. specifically not being invited to them.

personally i (and i assume lots of other people) couldn't give a crap, but all the people i know who've had weddings have had at least one person big stylee fall out with them because they (or their other halves/siblings/children/parents/pets/etc) weren't invited.

so i'd say be honest. but tread carefully :yes:

Thanks, i've told him and he was ok about it. He's more worried about how i will be with the mum being there.
    It's him btw not her :P

As for him being spiteful i disagree. It's literally only a handful of people going and he can't afford to have extra people going. Personally i couldn't do it BUT i do understand why he's doing it.
    Why's that then?

Just a feeling