Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Chicane appreciation thread

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
chicane the most respectable (venerable) of music production crews has producers gagging to remix their work. for example the latest remixes of that 99 smash saltwater feat vocals from that woman whose importance cannot be understated... has just been rehashed by somebody (check www.homeofmusic.com)

im just listening to autumn tactics which teeths along with a nicely understated beat, good tweaks and interesting use of VSTi's.

anyone else rate their work
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Yeh I like a few of their tunes but they are very mediocre compared to most dance acts. They produce some very good run of the mill dance tunes that the E generation can bop away to, but they aren't that speical. Don't get me wrong, I love dancing to their tunes but they aren't that great like.
  • Options
    Stoned in Love was fantastic....errr....they do anythign else?
  • Options
    I always thought they were a tad cheesy tbh. Offshore was a nice track though.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    I agree with you. Take Chicane's latest track "Stoned In Love", with Tom Jones. I hate it with a passion.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:

Nothing wrong with a bit of cheese now blag! :D
  • Options
    I do like Saltwater, but then I do like Sarah McLachlan's work. Silence- the song they remixed- is great.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    I do like Saltwater, but then I do like Sarah McLachlan's work. Silence- the song they remixed- is great.
    Chicane didn't remix any tracks that featured the vocals of Sarah McLachlan. The people who did "Silence" with her were dance DJs Delerium. It's the track that DJ Tiesto remixed and truly made his own.
  • Options
    Offshore and Saltwater are about all i like from them. Nice tracks.
  • Options
    GoodFella wrote:
    Offshore and Saltwater are about all i like from them. Nice tracks.
    Though I must admit I'm rather partial to the Thrillseekers remix of Autumn Tactics, from back in 2000.
  • Options
    rachie004 wrote:
    :heart: chicane

and no I'm not prepared to reel off all of their songs that I like - they're just fab :D
    Not sure why we're all referring to Chicane as "them" - he's only one person!
    >> Discogs profile for his fans to drool over >>
  • Options
    chicane the most respectable (venerable) of music production crews has producers gagging to remix their work. for example the latest remixes of that 99 smash saltwater feat vocals from that woman whose importance cannot be understated... has just been rehashed by somebody (check www.homeofmusic.com)

im just listening to autumn tactics which teeths along with a nicely understated beat, good tweaks and interesting use of VSTi's.

anyone else rate their work

I have no idea what you're actually trying to say in the above but Saltwater is probabaly my favourite song.. Have loads of versions of the one song - always onthe look out for more ..