Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

I </3 Converse?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Love Converse!!
    You reminded me, I don't like them as they make people look like they have giant clown feet.
    I have three pairs, only really wear one of the pairs though.

I've seen the batman ones around and they are awesome :D
    I love my converse they are so comfy although i don't think cream was a good colour to get! I got my little nephew some of the batman converse and they look so cute on him.
    LadyJade wrote:
    I liked them when they were run as an independent company and weren't owned by Nike.....

you can still get the old made in the US ones on ebay. I guess it's still a symbol of what they stand for now, but some people prefer them.

i love them, personally. They've been my footwear of choice for the best part of the last 20 years. I have black, black monochrome, pink and camo high tops and black, green and red low tops. generally secondhand and ebay bargains, cause i think £30 for them is a total rip-off.
    Uh, I must be in the minority then, judging from how many people own Converses. :chin: :no:
    Uh, I must be in the minority then, judging from how many people own Converses. :chin: :no:
    well you know youre special Ilora ;)

what are you talking about?

obviously people who wear converse are gonna post in the converse thread.

theres infinitemillion other posters who probably don't own them. it's cool.
    I'm a confessed Converse hater. I just can't stand their look tbh. :no:
    Addict wrote:
    what are you talking about?

obviously people who wear converse are gonna post in the converse thread.

theres infinitemillion other posters who probably don't own them. it's cool.
    Well the whole point of the original post was to see how many people liked them and disliked them... :chin: ;)
    Well the whole point of the original post was to see how many people liked them and disliked them... :chin: ;)

yea, but you know how it goes.

people who don't like them or are indifferent tend not to bother posting.

those who do, do.
    bacon wrote:
    just another target market...
    dont get me started, when you buy a pair of nike converse usually £30, the poor indonesian girl got about peanuts and after a 16hour shift she has enough for one bowl of rice, but the rest of the family are relying on her urm! whos gona get that bowl of rice tonight?
    but if you buy fairtrade shop clothes food etc, then that indonesian girl is working for a fair living wage, trade union backing, insurance, meals allowences, transport, pensions, sutainable long term employment for all ages not just the teenage girls. so why not. and my converse-style shoes cost me £20, bargain!
    I love them! Proberly more than my boyfriend :p

I need an other pair of them so m planning on getting some on my birthday from USC :D
    I've seen some nice high-top ones before, with fantastic linings, but the pink and black ones are too common now. I own a pair of fake leopard-print ones from Topshop, but I never wear them. They look a bit flat and long and strange. I think I'd like to cut the laced bits off and turn them into cute pumps.
    I like converses they llok pretty nice but my pair that i have gave me really bad blisters when i was shopping on Oxford Street and i haven't worn them since. I think Vans are the best, so comfy!! :yes:
    i'm not sure if anuone has posted about it before but on the website you can design you own converse

eta - they can only be posted to the us tho
    I have one pair of actual converse just some black hi-tops and they've serve me well - so comfortable. I also have two 'converse style' pairs in turquoise and red that were bargins for under £5 (on ebay, including postage. :p) and i tend to wear those more often.
    Overall - A Converse hater.

I really dislike Converse trainers. They are nothing to look at and i don't think they're comfortable either. I can't understand how anyone can like them. In saying that my opinion was slightly changed yesterday morning when i noticed the newish one's we got in [or it could have been the cheap rip off Lonsdale ones but whatever :p] in Black/White with velcro strap's and i thought " Hmm they actually arent all that bad. "

Gotta admit they really do sell well.

Would never wear a pair myself, wouldn't suit me for a start. I don't actually know anyone who own's Converse trainers.
    I cut mine up today because they weren't girly or glam enough for me really.

They now look a bit like [URL=http://s2.supload.com/free/fb_1_b-20060603131205.jpg/view/
    ]this[/URL], but in leopard print, and I left the last two lace-holes on, which I tied with cream ribbon. Pretty cute, really.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Comverse are jank! Yep!
    Weekender Offender 
    i have some pairs...red high tops, black high tops, green lowtops and some checkered ones. but i prefer vans to my chucks. a lot nicer.
    I don't like converse but I think they look good on certain people.

Personally, I'd never wear them. I have size 8 feet and they would probably make my feet look huge.
    im not really into the boot type ones folded over, it looks kinda stupid to me.

I have a pair of these

1900376150_exlg.jpg

and i love them :heart: so much more comfy than regular converse because the sole offers more support, and they are made from suede rather than canvas
    They look nice in either high tops or low tops .. comfortable, but it's still dead useful to have a pair of 'real' sneakers on the side.

I still can't believe that they were once considered 'official' basketball shoes, though :crazyeyes
    I dont mind them- they look great on other people but ive never had any.
    I doubt id buy any.
    I dig the cons. I find them really comfy and they fit my awkward feet. I have size 5 feet that can look MASSIVE in other kinds of footwear. And they can be so pretty!

Since they got taken over by Nike (cunny funts) they don't last so long as they used to. And that sucks.

Think I prefer my DCs though. Maybe.
    I love my converse - wearing them much less now it is summer, but still love em. Reallllly comfy, fairly new so will last me a while yet. I really wanna brighten them up cos black with white laces can look boring, and ordinary - ive been looking for pink laces (or just any other colour (to match my outfit)) where did you ge them from? All the places ive tried just sell ordinary ones, either in black, white or brown :(
    I don't have a pair, probably won't ever have a pair- not my style but... I love the way they look on a scruffy looking girl, high tops, floaty dress/skirt and big patchwork slouch bag type look. It just wouldn't look good on me.
    oh i love them.. they're the most comfortable shoes ever. i wear them everyday of my life.
    Converse are for gays.