Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Pubs vs nightclubs - what do you prefer?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I thought it would be interesting to see who prefers pubs and who prefers nightclubs, so i thought i may as well start a thread :)

Anyhoo, personally i prefer pubs, as i find that at pubs i usually get treated with respect, and its easy to meet people and join in on conversations and stuff, and i generally just have a really good time. At nightclubs, on the other hand, I usually get treated as if i'm carrying a bomb, due to the fact that i look pretty young for my age (21), and it usually takes me about 5 minutes just to get in, even though i have my ID on me at all times. And when i DO get in i find its hard for me to enjoy myself as everyone's usually off doing their own little thing, and the bouncers usually watch me like a hawk, which is why i don't go to nightclubs very often.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Depends where you go - seems like you're in Oz

On holiday I've liked the open air nightclubs on the beaches
    Usually pubs or quite bars.
    I like pubs with dancefloors and clubs with seats.
    \
    I prefer pubs and bars to nightclubs.
    I'm a nightclub person! I find pubs can be a bit stuck-up-ish sometimes.
    Clubs by a long shot!
    pubs earlier on, or during the day

clubs later
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Pubs and then raves r a house party.

Cheesy clubs are alright for picking up birds, bu not much else.
    Weekender Offender 
    I like pubs with dancefloors and clubs with seats.

:lol: me too...

Generally I'm a pub kinda gal, it's possibly to do with finances but it is nice to have a good ole chat too. I'm a sucker for a pub with a jukebox (especially if it's free, as it is in my new local haunt). But there's one particular club that I would take over any night down the pub ever. That said, it has several floors and a pub kinda-vibe in parts so maybe that's nice.

Off there tonight, feeling a bit hyperactive and possibly suffering from sunstroke :hyper: :D
    Clubs are good fun for the right occasion. It works when you're with a big group and you get there late as you've been in the pub all evening and boozed up

I much prefer pubs though, its true, you do get treated better by the staff, like guests instead of pottentional terrorists.
    Nightclubs, the cheesier the better IMO.

Not that pubs suck or anything, it's just people are way more sociable and stuff in nightclubs I reckon :yes:
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Bri-namite wrote:
    Nightclubs, the cheesier the better IMO.

I know your type, your a tart! :p

Cheesy clubs are the easiest places to [pick up ladies. You knwo that obviously! ;)
    Weekender Offender 
    both.. i always go to a few pubs and bars first and then onto a club later!
    MrG wrote:

clubs later
    Same here.
    Never been to a "club" Never want to.

So bar all the way. Though I've only ever been a handfull of those...
    Skive wrote:
    Pubs and then raves r a house party.

Cheesy clubs are alright for picking up birds, bu not much else.

:yes:

I agree, I would rather go to a rave than a club...

I'm not a huge fan of cheesy clubs, but thats cos im not a big fan of cheesy music. As you say they are easy for pulling birds and they can be a laugh if your with a big group and all pissed up!
    prefer pubs and bars to clubs, probably because most nightclubs play dance music and i just cant take the music anymore, plus they usually charge extoriante prices and just feel like unsociable places, hard to talk to people because of the music etc.

pubs can be a real laugh with the karaoke and stuff, but i prefer bars really, the ones that are like pubs but only open at weekends and at night and usually play a mix of music from cheesy stuff to modern and charge decent prices.
    I know clubs are easier to pick up birds and all but i'm sick of them, plus there's far too many fights in clubs. Better chance of running into a load of cunts who are after ya in a club than in a pub! I prefer pubs these days, few pints, few games of pool, can't go wrong there! :D
    hmm yeah it seems i only end up in the local nightclubs when the pubs shut because i'm not ready to go home, we ended up in some god awful club in blackheath last night, playing your typical white man cheesy music (no offense :p ).......nightclubs around central are usually alright though, it's more about the company than the venue itself i find so as long as the music's got a beat i'm down with that. :)

ETA: i do hate pubs and bars where you have to shout above the loud music though, like wtf if i want to get deafened i'll go to a club thanks, the yates in lewisham is notoriously bad for that.......
    Pubs earlier on, clubs later, and a good old chat shit still together at someones house til the early hours/getting light. Can't beat it!!
    I'm not much into the pub/bar atmosphere. I do like clubs if there's a decent crowd and there's dancing. When I go out, I usually just want to dance so clubs suit me better. It also makes the drunks more bearable when I can't hear them. ;)

But when I'm in a chilled mood I hate them and just want to sit and relax somewhere.
    Both. I like going into pubs/bars throughout the night then a good club later on.
    *Stacey* wrote:
    Both. I like going into pubs/bars throughout the night then a good club later on.

Me too, but I tend to get shitfaced in the pub first and get knocked back from the club later on :lol:

I could tell you about a million stories from great nights out at clubs, but I'd really struggle to get a lot of good stories from nights when I just sat in the pub all night.
    MrG wrote:

clubs later

Well surely that's 'cause you can't go to clubs during the day, or earlier on in the evening..?
    Neither... Pubs are full of morons and drunk... Nightclubs got shit music and everyone is happy... Underground/Squat parties/bars now that's good...
    Neither... Pubs are full of morons and drunk./QUOTE]

Not if you get a good local where you know all the usuals, best of craic.
    I like both.

I loke nice bars and good clubs,
    i quite often do the whole student thing ie shit dinks in cheesey pubs and clubs but really that only because thats what my mates want to do. Id rather be in a club that i have payed a bit more to get in to but its playing the music that i like.

The same goes with bars id rather pay more and go in somewere nice that serves good beer and drinks than go somewere and drink piss for a £1.

I like going out really late after work to one of the local bars in town (well i did until they served me a drink with a mouldy lime in it and wouldnt change it). I find that late on all the pissed nob heads have gone home and come 5 / 6 there are just the workers and the people that are off their heads loving the music left. I hate places withloads of atitude. I cant relax if its full of beer boys and posers.
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    It depends what I'm looking for.

If I want to go for a few quiet drinks for a chat and to chill out I'd go to a pub. If I want to have a laugh and dance like a plank then club everytime.