Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

World Cup Predictions

littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Who's gonna win, in your opinion? Who's going to crash and burn? Who's going to surprise the world, like Senegal did last time?

Spill all :)
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm fancying the Argies to pull off a shocker.
    Mexico could spring a suprise although they won't win it.
    Portugal to surprise many but think Brazil will win.

Spain will probably do as shit as always. Can see France fucking up as well.

Sweden have a fair chance of beating England without Rooney but still expect England to qualify for knockout stages.
    Brazil to win against Argentina in the final. Ivory Coast to be the suprise team, getting to the Quarters, same with Switzerland. Holland, Spain and Italy to have poor tournaments. Saudi Arabia and Trinidad to be the whipping boys. How far France and Ukraine get depends on Henry and Shevchenko.

England to get to the semi's at best, depending on where they finish in the group and how Gerrard and Owen perform as well as Rooney. Expect a traditional exit on penalties.
    For the sake of a good tournament i would happily have an unspectacular group stage so long as the cream rise to the top in the knockouts this time around.

Head says Brazil to win, heart England.
    It really is Spain's turn this time.

No, really :p

Seriously though, other than the obvious one I could see Argentina, Czech Republic, France and Germany reaching the final.

Spain, England and Italy have an outside chance of reaching the final but a more realistic outlook is quarter or semis.
    I hope to God every team doesn't do the 4-5-1 thing, it'd ruin the whole tournament.

Is the inevitable Thesite.org Fantasy World Cup league up yet?
    I fancy Argentina if Messi stays fit.
    England to be beaten by Germany. Yes, safe bet, I know, judging by history...
    hrm, last time we played them competitively it was 5-1... wasn't it?
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    hrm, last time we played them competitively it was 5-1... wasn't it?
    That game was of no real significance. In the last 100 years, England have made it into only one final. I'm sure that the England team are already lining up excuses. A few years ago, Beckham blamed a piece of grass for his failure to score during penalties. What will they blame next?
    stargalaxy wrote:
    That game was of no real significance. In the last 100 years, England have made it into only one final. I'm sure that the England team are already lining up excuses. A few years ago, Beckham blamed a piece of grass for his failure to score during penalties. What will they blame next?

No real signifcance? are you mad? it basically confirmed our world cup qualifaction.
    olaola wrote:
    No real signifcance? are you mad? it basically confirmed our world cup qualifaction.
    It's a tough call. A side of me wants to believe that England will lose, (maybe me not being English explains that) ;) but on the other side of the coin, this is one of the better England teams for a long time. All I can say is, roll on, June 9th.
    Spot the Welshman. :rolleyes:
    I fancy Ukraine as a dark horse to do well.
    I want Brazil to win because I'll be in Brazil at the time so it would be really cool.

Plus that wish is more likely to become true than England winning.
    stargalaxy wrote:
    What will they blame next?

Being Welsh?

:p

Italy will choke, as will Spain. Czechs are hyped but beatable. I can only see a south american winner this year, sadly.
    I wonder wat odds u'd get for crouch scoring a hatrick in the world cup final against brazil? worth a wager don't ya think? :p
    stargalaxy wrote:
    England to be beaten by Germany. Yes, safe bet, I know, judging by history...

In recent times, England have actually got quite a good record against the Germans. Since 1990 it's:
    P5 W2 D2 L1 F8 A4.
    Renzo wrote:
    I fancy Ukraine as a dark horse to do well.

Have to agree, would fancy them against any of the other European teams, if Shevchenko stays fit.

I can only really see Brazil winning it. I think there'll be a lot of games that will just be walkovers due to crapness of some of the teams (if Trinidad play Kelvin Jack in goals rather than Shaka Hislop, then I can guarantee double figures).

And if you have a spare hour to kill, check out the old World Cup tournament reviews on the BBC website :thumb:
    Kermit wrote:
    Since 1990 it's:
    P5 W2 D2 L1 F8 A4.

That's all well and good, problem is, they've never beat them when they really needed it. England a distinct knack for fucking it up on the big occassion like.
    Italy will choke

:lol: