Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

oral sex anyone?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello ,

Have been with my girlfriend for nearly 3 years now and all is well , and sex is good- but is starting to get boring! The truth is we have never had any oral sex or experimented with too many positions etc.. I have tried a few times but she just says no ( tried going down on her etc.). She has never gone down on me and im beginning to really want her too, how do I ‘persuade’ her to, without sounding like a perv or chauvinist pig?!? The fact I she is a little timid with this sort of thing and our sex life has improved greatly since we first started going out but things seem to have come to a halt and are stuck in the same routine, at the age of 21! Help

would be gratefull for any advice
mike

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    have you assked her why she doesnt want to? maybe she's had a bad experience and just needs reassurance? or maybe she is a bit insecure and is worried about looking stupid during sex. i know i never wanted any bloke to go down on me in case it didnt taste very nice. ad new positions are a bit scary if you dont really know what you are supposed to be doing.
    the problem is that i am open and talk about sex, wheras she always abruptly ends any conversation related to sex (our sex)
    Why doesn't she ever like talking about sex? Is she embarrased?

Don't put any pressure on your gf, as this may make her feel even worse.

Communication is key to any relationship :yes:. You need to find out why she is so reluctant to talk about your sex life. In order to improve it she is going to need to be more open to discuss it.
    maybe a bit embarrased yea, just not sure what the next step is though, obviously dont want to put any pressure on her, but how do I subtly make it apparent what I want etc..
    I didn't want to for a VERY long time either. Just the thought made me very uncomfortable and at times still does. But my boyfriend was really paitent with me and asked me why I was intrested and was super sweet about it. One day during foreplay he just started kissing and touching and stated movin down and before I could say no I was enjoying myself. As for her giving u head I would try just talkking to her about it. I wanted to try that on my BF so we never had that issue but everytime he explains to me how good it feels when I do it I just want to do it again so maybe you can get her in the mood to expierment by discrbing in lush detail how it will feel
    There could be so many reasons...

Maybe your seduction isn't enough, maybe the location isn't good (esp. if you live with parents), maybe she thinks it's "dirty". Be gentle, take your time and if it's going to happen then it will.