Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Asda interview

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What should I be expecting in an interview for Asda? I'm applying for a job there as a checkout assistant.

Comments

• Options
    Nothing too taxing I would imagine, just try and make a good impression and the job should be yours, there may be some form of aptitude test that you will be asked to complete.
    good luck with the job.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Can you cope with constant fucking beeping.
  • Options
    You can expect to be invited to a group interview where you fill out lots of paperwork, get shown around the store, a simple test with just basic maths (if i can do it you can).
    Then they get you doing a group task like either building a tower out of cards or doing something with straws, unless its changed. They are looking for you to work as a group.

Then if they like you, you will be invited back for a one on one interview where they ask you to answer about situations you have been in the past eg: Where you have dealt with colleages that you didn't get on with, how you handled it etc.

Good luck it's not hard and the group interview is easy and relaxed.
  • Options
    Tweety wrote:
    You can expect to be invited to a group interview where you fill out lots of paperwork, get shown around the store, a simple test with just basic maths (if i can do it you can).
    Then they get you doing a group task like either building a tower out of cards or doing something with straws, unless its changed. They are looking for you to work as a group.

Then if they like you, you will be invited back for a one on one interview where they ask you to answer about situations you have been in the past eg: Where you have dealt with colleages that you didn't get on with, how you handled it etc.

Good luck it's not hard and the group interview is easy and relaxed.

Yeah i worked in the same one as Tweety (3 different times!), and it was the same each time. The only people i've seen rejected were proper tragic. Like couldn't even communicate with people. They ain't really fussy :p
  • Options
    sounds like the argos interviews... although that was just a group interview and nothing else! we just had a piss easy numerical test thing and a few team building things, and that was it!
  • Options
    yeh, i've working in argos before, the best bit was the seriously outdated 1980's health and safety videos we had to watch, they were great :lol:

good luck with your interview lea :)
  • Options
    Replicant wrote:
    yeh, i've working in argos before, the best bit was the seriously outdated 1980's health and safety videos we had to watch, they were great :lol:

:yes: i spent most of my first day watching them!!

im sure the asda interview will be fine, i doubt the questions will be too taxing, just try and think of situations youve been in when youve given/received good customer service or solved a problem, or put someone else before yourself, or managed your time well or shown leadership skills.. that sort of thing!
  • Options
    Doesn't sound too bad thanks for all of the advice and stuff.
  • Options
    When I had mine I did basically the same as other people have said, except, nobody had a test. We had to find out about the person next to us in the group interview and then report back to the group about them.

Then they split us into smaller groups and gave us something to advertise (it was asda conditioner) and we had to make up an advert for it then do it in front of the group.

Mine was last year though so they may have changed it since then :)