Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

New mail client?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am finding Thunderbird a bit boring now and would like a new mail client, what do you suggest? (NOT Outlook/Express)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Depends on what you're looking for from an email client, I guess. I've been using Thudnerbird for a few years now, and can't see a reason for me to move to something else.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_e-mail_clients
    I always used to use Eudora.

Eventually migrated across to Outlook 2003.
    if you cna get it for windows, kMail is nice
    kMail is part of KDE. Good luck getting KDE to work under Windows! ;)

You could do it under Vmware player, but I doubt it's really worth it.

I used kMail a few years ago, and generally enjoyed it. Thunderbird is more feature complete, if a bit bulkier, from what I remember. Though I am most likely somewhat out of date :).
    I am finding Thunderbird a bit boring now and would like a new mail client, what do you suggest? (NOT Outlook/Express)

I installed Thunderbird at a friend's place and it's kinda messed up - Initally created him a google email address and made up my own password for him and program that into thunderbird and then gave him the opportunity to change it to his own password onthe google mail website and now thunderbird keeps saysing wrong password - but doesn't offer any place to put in the new password.
    Edit -> Preferences -> Privacy -> Passwords -> View saved passwords

Sorted :).
    I use Gmail, it's handy and I dont have to worry about getting a virus and i can access my emails from anywhere, and it's clean , simple, and feature packed :)
    Edit -> Preferences -> Privacy -> Passwords -> View saved passwords

Sorted :).

Who me?

see screen shot
    Who me?

see screen shot

Well, it's definately there on my Thunderbird ;). Maybe the Windows version has a different menu structure?

A capture of the menu uptions, and the password settings option, are below...
    I like it again now, I have just installed a new theme for it, "Mostly Crystal" :lol:
    Well, it's definately there on my Thunderbird ;). Maybe the Windows version has a different menu structure?

A capture of the menu uptions, and the password settings option, are below...

Thanks I found it on

Tools >> Options >> Privacy >> View Saved Passwords.