Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

X-Men 3 ***SPOILER THREAD***

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Ok, so this is the deal, i would like to be able to talk about X3 with the people who have seen it and share opinions on it. So this thread is all for people who have seen it and want to talk about what happens in it.

If you havnt seen it, then look away now unless you want to know what happens!

So here goes...

Mystique! OMG, she took the needle for Magneto and he got it anyway! But the way he was moving the metal chess piece at the end was good!!!

I think it was setting up a sequel, probably where the cure wears off so Rogue has to give up her sex life with Bobby and he turns to Kitty as Gambit swoops in and steals Rogue.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    it was cool when he broke her out of the moving prison by crushing all the cars in the convoy :D
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I missed the part after the credits... Since this is a spoiler thread, can someone describe it to me? Or PM it I guess.
  • Options
    What happened after the credits?
  • Options
    The body on Muir Island that was alive but in a coma woke up....with Xavier's Voice!!!

I liked how it teased you with the fact the cure might wear off.
    MultipleMan was funny despite only having 2 lines!
    Pyro ruled, i have to keep saying it, he totally ruled!
    Personally though, i say Ian McKellen should get the Oscar for playing Magneto!
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    subject13 wrote:
    The body on Muir Island that was alive but in a coma woke up....with Xavier's Voice!!!

:o Omgs.

I must torrent it so I can see that bit.
  • Options
    Its like, 2 seconds long.

I almost feel I wasted 5 minutes of my life sitting through credits waiting for it.
  • Options
    I thought x-men was a brilliant film but if you know the comics really well the phoenix story wasn't really right.

But the film was wicked - i just dont understand why they killed Cyclopes off so quickly and jean was pretty scary and there is no doubt there will be a 4th one - i hope bryan singer does is ;)
  • Options
    If Bryan Singer comes back, Halle Berry will quit, but at least Cyclops will turn up not dead. lol
  • Options
    subject13 wrote:
    If Bryan Singer comes back, Halle Berry will quit,

Why would see quit?
  • Options
    I keep hearing this stuff about halle berry, provide something more concrete rather than my mates sisters cousins boyfriends mates mother's ex-husbands first mother in laws great-grandchild over heard a conversation that was 6th hand in the first place.
  • Options
    I didnt understand why they killed off pro x, cyclopes and jean - in the comics they dies but there arnt really dead (if u know what i mean), i didnt realise pro x voice was heard at the end though but the last director was saying he didnt want to do another xmen movie but spin offs?
  • Options
    there's a wolverine film slated for release late next year and a magneto film for sometime in the future, although the magneto one won't have ian mckellan in it as its going to be set when magneto was younger
  • Options
    cant complain if they are doing a wolverine film i love hugh jackman
  • Options
    Ok, since i never said i heard it from a mates, sisters, cousins, friend i have no idea why anyone would say something that dumb about the facts of Bryan Singer and X-Men.

When Bryan Singer was the Director, Halle Berry refused to take part in the X3, that is a fact. She demanded Bryan Singer make the movie less about cyclops killing Jean and more about Storm been the hero of the film. He refused so she quit.

Then he left to do Superman and took James Marsden who plays Cyclops with him, makin git impossible for the original script to remain in place as it was a mostly cyclops script. So the writers re-wrote it, and a by product was that Storm was made a more significant character. As a result Halle Berry jumped on board, and siad if Bryan Singer was to make an X-Men film again she wouldnt want to be in it.

That is what happened and why Halle Berry would quit if Bryan Singer returned from Superman.
  • Options
    thats a tab selfish of her, in the comics storm isnt a major charector anyway!
  • Options
    Hugh Jackman was once again my piece of eye candy throughout the whole film. Especially when topless :thumb: (sad old git that i am)

See if you were wolverine et al would you not have stocked up with a few cure needles and then used them on magneto and jean? That way wolverine wouldn't have had to have killed jean :yes: Deviates a little from the originals i'm sure but hey i'm a female who likes happy endings. ;)
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    That's what I thought at first, why didn't he use the "cure" on jean? But then I thought that if he tried, the syringes would have probably been reduced to molecules before they got anywhere near her.
  • Options
    Rogue was even wimpier/more whingy than ever. I want the flying, super strong Rogue from the cartoon.

But travelling by Golden Gate Bridge is always gonna be cool.
  • Options
    That's what I thought at first, why didn't he use the "cure" on jean? But then I thought that if he tried, the syringes would have probably been reduced to molecules before they got anywhere near her.

Hmm that's true. Although they could have stuck the kid infront of them therefore reducing magneto's and jean's power?
  • Options
    Jean was the only class 5 mutant though, she may have been to powerful to suppress with the cure or Leech.

I thought it was a great film, I've seen it twice now :D.

I'm glad they kille off Cyclops, he was so annoying. Funny bit though, did you see when he was at the lake he put his hand up to shield his face? Well the shadow from his hand was across his mouth, rather than his eyes and therefore wouldn't have made any difference to the light!

Jean was great, Wolverine was great. Bobby pisses me off immensely. Kitty was cool, I like Rogue but she doesn't really do much. The guy with the wings was so pretty and I wanted to stroke his cheekbones, but he also seemed a bit superfluous to the story. I liked Colossus as well, and the brotherhood. Vinnie Jones was great! I'm the Juggernaut, BITCH!

Awesome special effects again :thumb:
  • Options
    She was a class 6 wasnt she?
  • Options
    In the film she was a class 5, but I haven't read the comics.
  • Options
    No, in the film, Magneto and Charles were both Class 5 mutants and all the rest were class 4 and 3 types but she was a class 6 in the film.
  • Options
    Nope she's a class 5 mutant.
  • Options
    Charles said that she was the only class 5 mutant he's ever met, so I'm guessing that means she's a class 5. Magneto and Pyro were described as 'above a level 3', and I don't remember anyone saying anything about what class Charles was.
  • Options
    Now excuse me if I disagree with the majority here, but I thought X-MEN 3, was the let down movie of the year.

They could have done so much with Jean, and the Phoenix saga to make an amazing film. Instead, for some weird reason the director decides to kill off key main characters, in the lamest was possible, they just "disappear", or "dematerialise" or whatever.

And once again, iconic x-men characters such as "Juganaught", are treated as though they are merely "accessories" to Magneto's ludicrous "war" against humanity, which really ends up being a plot to murder a mutant with "de-mutanising" powers, not exactly a "war" is it?

There is very little character development, that action scenes were so boring.
    Remember people, we are in the post-matrix world. A bar has been set for action movies, and if you claim to be a blockbuster, you have to reach it.
    I mean why is it Storm is portrayed as being so weak in the movies? She can control the weather for peat sake, so how she can be beaten up so easily is beyond me.

There was no real "final battle" either, what I wanted to see was something cool like:
    • Storm zapping people with lightening bolts, and having aerial battles.
    • Wolverine VS Magneto, where his skeleton is ripped out, and he still survives.
    • Rogue VS Jean, Rogue could absorb Jeans powers, and go crazy because she cant handle it.

I mean, the list can go on.

Anyways, point has been made. I just hope that the people that have "died" in this film, aren’t really dead, and they come back in a real action movie in XMEN4.
  • Options
    I actaully quite liked the film, but Sonicaab has some cool ideas.
  • Options
    To be honest the biggest single problem for me was the length of the film - in a franchise that had a history of long lengths (over 2 hours) why was the film with the most to cover cut to less than an hour and a half?

As has already been said, as well, it was just weak as fuck for a supposed ultimate battle.
  • Options
    It would have been great if it was longer! I agree, they could have done a lot more with all of the characters. I thought it was really good anyway though, but I suppose because I never read the marvel comics I didn't have any preconceptions about it. Also I'm quite easily pleased with films generally.
  • Options
    Dragging up old thread, sorry if there's a more recent one. I've only watched the first ten mins or so but - WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO STORM'S HAIR????