Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Worst Job Experiences

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Please post me with your awful experiences at work...shitty conditions, awful boss, anything to make me feel better about my awful job.i leave my job mid August to go off to uni but I'm finding it so hard getting through the last couple of months.
Example 1:crazy, mad, control freak boss lets me open the post for our team of 10 people but I have to give it to her once opened rather than distribute amongst the team.grrr she's awful.
Example 2:colleagues have a meeting with just one other person so I make the coffee and later the coffee cup for the guest is dumped on my desk for me to wash up, no 'please can you wash this' or anything...even though we all sit about six foot from the kitchen and would take thirty seconds for them to wash themselves.
Come on, give me some shockers

Comments

• Options
    I was working in a "office" which was in a portacabin that had been condemned if that counts!
  • Options
    Tweety wrote:
    I was working in a "office" which was in a portacabin that had been condemned if that counts!

yes!yes it does, more please!
  • Options
    My boss was a racist, homophobic, sexist twat. By the time I left there, I was the only female, all the other staff were white British straight males. All the girls, the 2 gay men and the 3 people who weren't white British had been victimised until they left. That was in 12 months. He was a complete and utter cock.
  • Options
    isnt it illegal to open post addresses to someone else and read it?

i could be wrong though
  • Options
    MrG wrote:

i could be wrong though

:yes: i'm pretty sure it is.
  • Options
    Going to work on a whitey.
  • Options
    I did half of my school work experience at a dairy farm and had to clean shit off those cow milking machines. That was pretty bad. Erm, having to clean up sick in a club (though in 3 months I only had to do that once, so it wasn't too bad). Collecting glasses is a pretty shit job. And being a makeshift stuntman in a friends film was quite painful. I've never really had any bad bosses though, and most of my co-workers have been cool.
  • Options
    MrG wrote:

i could be wrong though

Most offices have a 'post boy/girl'. I had that job for a while and I opened all post unless addressed as 'private and confidential'.
  • Options
    As for a crap job...

I spent a few months working for these people where I'd get picked up in a mini-bus by a one-eyed smelly man and driven to these fields. Once there, we spent 8 hours walking through the fields in the pissing rain picking up stones. Some days we did indoor work if we were lucky which meant standing at a conveyer belt grading onions (picking out the soft rank ones) which not only really stunk, made you stink for the following week, especially your hands and you were not given gloves.

I was paid less than £4ph and they also had the cheek to deduct £3 per day for the minibus travel, even though one day it left us in this field and I had to walk home (about 3 miles).
  • Options
    my sis was working for an asian family and they were the worst employers ever. they were racist as owt aswell. she ended up leaving and her and her friend took them to an employment tribunal/small claims thingy and won!

i did work experience at a hospital once and they were doing the change over and they left me in a room with a patient and i hadn't had any training to know how to deal with her should such and such happen.
  • Options
    city_boy wrote:
    As for a crap job...

I spent a few months working for these people where I'd get picked up in a mini-bus by a one-eyed smelly man and driven to these fields. Once there, we spent 8 hours walking through the fields in the pissing rain picking up stones. Some days we did indoor work if we were lucky which meant standing at a conveyer belt grading onions (picking out the soft rank ones) which not only really stunk, made you stink for the following week, especially your hands and you were not given gloves.

I was paid less than £4ph and they also had the cheek to deduct £3 per day for the minibus travel, even though one day it left us in this field and I had to walk home (about 3 miles).

I'm not sure that this story was meant to be hilarious... but :lol::lol::lol:

As for me, I haven't had any godawful jobs... but working at BHS in the undies department was pretty fucking grim at times.
  • Options
    i once temped in a iron foundry and they gave me overalls that were too small, because im quite long, so i had to roll the sleaves up and i came out with burns all on my arms from molten iron or something gay like that. wasnt nice, that stuff hurts. only did 2 days then fucked it off.

6 till 2 shift as well, not my kind of hours.
  • Options
    My worst job experience has got to be the call centre I worked at a couple of months back. They treated you like shit. I lasted three shifts before leaving. I'm not ashamed to say that I couldn't hack it.

They made you come in early for your shifts unpaid, kept you behind unpaid, constantly shouted at you to reach the targets, made you stand up and lean down to read the script off the computer screen if you were not reaching your targets (which hurt my back like anything!) and if you were the only one who hadn't reached your targets, they made you stand up and everyone would see you.

It was awful.
  • Options
    city_boy wrote:
    As for a crap job...

yes that one is pretty brilliant!i mean awful for you, but will put a smile on my face next time something crappy happens at work i.e. tomorrow.im surprised you made it a whole few months
  • Options
    yes that one is pretty brilliant!i mean awful for you, but will put a smile on my face next time something crappy happens at work i.e. tomorrow.im surprised you made it a whole few months

Yes, it was complete dog shit work. I am still suprised I worked there that long! :impissed:
  • Options
    For me this is easy: Picking up sticks on the family farm for no reason and without pay!!!!!!!!! Worst 3 months of my life ever!!!
  • Options
    job 1- aged 13. delivering 240 papers on a wednesday in the area near me with most hills-2 years
    job 2 - getting paid £2.47 to start at 8am on a saturday to do everything an assistant manager would do including cover the boss's lunch hour and do paperwork, but on considerably less pay and only allowed to work 5 hours becuase otherwise id need a break, and they would rather employ 2 people for one job than have to pay one person for breaks - 2 years
    job 3 - worked in a supermarket working 730 am til 8 pm with my pervy boss. he would perve on 15 year olds and try to grab the staffs bums and give us hugs. i was ok i just told him to fuck off, but he then did te same thing to my 14 year old sister when she came in to help out once. we quit and threatened him with the police. 2 years
    job 4- working at boots. was ok except i got glandular fever. just a 4 hour shift while feeling sooo rough was hard. 7 months
    job 5- waitressing at a silver service hotel. couldnt pronounce the names of half the food, and some of the rich people were so unbelievable rude to the staff. im still there.

do i win for having the most and holding down worst jobs for longest times?
  • Options
    I worked one day at a dentists, helping him out and that (Like dental nurse shit) he chucked a pot of glue or something at me and didnt change his gloves between patients. I didnt even bother to phone him to let him know I wouldnt be back.

I wrote to the NHS about him though, dirty fucking bastard.
  • Options
    yes people, keep the crappy job experiences coming, it's good to know that you're not the only person in an awful job.
    i have nothing to do at the moment, apart from when my line manager comes up to me with a huge box of stuff to shred and say "i'm going to do the shredding, do you have any that needs doing?oh i see that you have one sheet of paper on your desk, you can do it instead"
    That's all in eight hours